BB Fleeces the Vikings!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

BB Fleeces the Vikings!

BB aint no Joke! Went in with not enough pics, came out the 1st round with possible too many picks now. Turned 1 into 4 and ALL this year but I still see BB taking one of the pics and trading out to next year because now we have 5 legit picks and they may not like that many players. I thought that was way too much to give up for Patterson who only had one good year and that was only 46 catches but considered a breakout because he wasnt expected to do much. He was ju-co the year before. He is very explosive but immature and not that good at picking up schemes. I wouldve liked Hopkins but not Patterson so BB moved out and may have a chance at the 2nd tier of WR's who I really like.

Feel bad for Geno Smith. They need to stop hyping up these guys and setting them up for failure.

I believe we can really come out this draft looking good now. We can target CB, WR, S, DE, OL and most likely draft another project WR in the 7th for practice squad. No need to trade Mallet right away now as well. S*cks not seeing a pic last night but tonight will be much better. Lets just hope they make the right pics. Well Done BB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: BB Fleeces the Vikings!

"Patterson played just one year of Division I football, but the two-time junior college All-American is one of the best natural athletes in this draft class and will be a first-round pick - possibly the first wide receiver selected. Patterson, who was at North Carolina Tech in 2009 but didn't play football, exploded onto the national stage after spending two years at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. In 12 games for the Volunteers, he led the SEC with 1,858 all-purpose yards - a school record - and set a conference record for combined kickoff and punt return average (27.6). The Rock Hill, S.C., native also became the first NCAA player since 2008 to score a TD via reception, rush, punt return and kickoff return in a single season. Patterson, the team leader with 10 touchdowns, was an All-SEC first-team pick as an all-purpose performer. Learning NFL concepts and route running could slow his transition into the pro game, but Patterson had 46 catches for 778 yards and five TDs in his only FBS season, and he has the explosiveness off the line of scrimmage to run past most defensive backs. He ran an impressive 4.42 time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. His ability to carry the ball out of the backfield and return both punts and kickoffs makes him a valuable asset for any team looking for a dynamic athlete who could break free any time he touches the ball. Even with all of his natural ability with the ball in his hands, Patterson has no problem blocking for others."

Yep, the Pats had no need for the guy the Vikings selected with the pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like the trade but under the point value assessed to draft picks the trade is considered almost a wash with a slight advantage to the Patriots.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

don't call it a fleecing yet. It's was a fair trade value wise, so we'll have to wait to see what they do with it. If they get a couple good players then yes it was a great trade if they lose out on a Matthews again then this could be another year were we question the quantity vs quality approach. Lets see how these players turn out before claiming victory

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Hey , I dont claim to know all the draft charts and what pics amount to value and what not, but I personally havent seen one pick parlayed into that many good pics the same year before outside of the Ricky Williams deal. I am sensing the lack of enthusiam is based on a  lot people wanting a WR early and that I say...Oh well. I wasnt one of them. Im glad they didnt take a WR in the 1st and now we have more pics to do more damage and we most likely didnt want anyone anyways. If Rhodes or Sly were there, maybe they use the pick but all the folks I talked too seem to think it was a Great trade for the Pats and a desperation move for the Vikes and like Rusty sais, I am never over the top in my praise of BB.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Hey , I dont claim to know all the draft charts and what pics amount to value and what not, but I personally havent seen one pick parlayed into that many good pics the same year before outside of the Ricky Williams deal. I am sensing the lack of enthusiam is based on a  lot people wanting a WR early and that I say...Oh well. I wasnt one of them. Im glad they didnt take a WR in the 1st and now we have more pics to do more damage and we most likely didnt want anyone anyways. If Rhodes or Sly were there, maybe they use the pick but all the folks I talked too seem to think it was a Great trade for the Pats and a desperation move for the Vikes and like Rusty sais, I am never over the top in my praise of BB.

amount of picks is meaningless it's position of those picks that holds meaning. I mean would you rther have 1 1st for the entire draft or 20 7ths? With the Viks picks being in the back of the 2nd and 3rd with an early 4th they have potential but that pick in the back of the first has a higher likelyhood of being a starter then the other picks combined. However, if they take a falling player do to red flags with higher talent (ie Mathieu, Slay, Rogers, Marquess Wilson type) then this could pay off. Right now it's a wash type of trade but we'll have to see what level of players they get at those picks vs what they gave up (players available between #29-#51)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to THTM's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

don't call it a fleecing yet. It's was a fair trade value wise, so we'll have to wait to see what they do with it. If they get a couple good players then yes it was a great trade if they lose out on a Matthews again then this could be another year were we question the quantity vs quality approach. Lets see how these players turn out before claiming victory

I have nightmares thinking,Dowling ,Wilson, Brace etc it makes me wonder if Bill is Bi-polar. If I was Kraft I would have someone with the power to overule Bill on any second round pick.

He's found some gems but yes he's also flopped too. Lets wait till we see the players before determining one way or the other

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

The Raiders and Cowboys of all teams nailed their 1st rd.

Rust I agree with most of what you said except for the Cowboys nailing the first round. Every website, to include Dallas' own sportswriters are wondering how NE pulls 4 picks from the Vikes but the Cowboys "only" got a 3rd to move back that far. I agree they need a C and OL but the kid they picked would have been available the middle of round 2. And before you blast me, this is just me saying this, no experts!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to THTM's comment:

I have nightmares thinking,Dowling ,Wilson, Brace etc it makes me wonder if Bill is Bi-polar. If I was Kraft I would have someone with the power to overule Bill on any second round pick.

He's found some gems but yes he's also flopped too. Lets wait till we see the players before determining one way or the other

Agree we really can't judge yet.

If we want to go by his past we can evaluate his recent 2nd Rnd picks

Tayvon Wilson - Jury still out

Ras-I -  injury Bust so far

Vareen - Looks like a hit

Gronk - Hit

Cunningham - Bust

Spikes - hit

Brace - Bust

Butler - bust

Vollmer - hit

Chung - bust

The question is what is the league % for hitting on 2nd Rnd picks... that is the only fair way to evaluate.

according to a data analysis chart the 2nd round has about a 40-50% bust rate. So if BB is 4-5-1 recording he falls in line with the rest of the league in the 2nd

http://datascopeanalytics.com/what-we-think/2012/05/01/the-chance-of-a-bust-in-the-nfl-draft

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Patterson - lax route runner, OK hands, short arms and small hands, no experience in a pro style route tree, project, questionable intelligence. But has speed and size and is a good athlete. Hmmm - sounds like a perfect fit for BB and TB  - has Patriot written all over him.

Reminds me of Stephen Hill who was a great pick of the Jets at #43 last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Like I said, what they DO with the picks is another story but if you are in a draft that isnt that Heavy with Stars in the 1st but supposedly deep with depth in the later rounds how do you call that a wash? Who is to say if they DID take a player # 29 that he couldnt be a bust?? Busts can happen all over and for them to give themselves more chances at it is better for us. I didnt see that surefire pick that was also a big need sitting at 29. Maybe Sly and Rhodes like I said but after that, if they didnt like anyone, its a great move. I dont care where the pics are, They went from having 2 good picks and a 7th rounder to having 5 good picks and 2 7th rounders. I am evaluating the Deal, not the draft picks that have yet to be drafted.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts