BB Hires Draft Consultant?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: BB Hires Draft Consultant?

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

hate to say it but you are probably right. he can coach but is in over his head when it comes to the draft. hes hit on several oicks but missed on many more including some completely off the wall picks like tavon wilson.

Take a look at the 2012 draft, http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htmWho would you have taken instead?

I dont like to play the 'go back and regret' game but the most vivid one I have is literally trading out of the Clay Matthews pick back in 09

Besides that, reaching on Tavon Wilson when Kendell Reyes and Jerel Worthy were good looking prospects.

I was a huge supporter of drafting Alshon Jeffery and DeAndre Hopkins but those were put to rest when we took Hightower and traded down in both scenarios, I liked both those moves

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneManArmy. Show OneManArmy's posts

Very deep draft.  No excuses this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

It will now be particularly interesting to read everyone's reactions in this forum post-draft this year.

Many will still think the Pats missed out on someone.  Just because a player is highly regarded by some fans with whatever knowledge they have does not mean the team thinks the same way.  But, these same fans will question why the team did not think like them.  Right?

Of course.  Hey it's fun to create mock drafts and second-guess BB and his picks.  It's hilarious, however, when people actually start foaming at the mouth over a 3rd round pick who was chosen late in that round. 

Yeah...and it's hilarious seeing the Patriots grow old, and unable to win in the playoffs against the Jets, Ravens, Broncos, and Giants...because their defense is awful. Yeah, why bother with "a late 3rd round pick"...even if it is a top 100 pick. Might as well just pass on the pick. Right, ATJ??  

Um, this just in TP:  The Pats are the second youngest team in the NFL.  Not opinion - fact.  Defense needed work and that was addressed.  It was pretty impressive first part of the season until Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo went down and Talib was out for his obligatory however many games.  Disagree with the Harmon pick, TP; it's certianly your prerogative but I was seriously concerned for your health man.  Not sure what you were like in person but on here you appeared to be having a cerebral hemorrhage over the pick.  Egad, man, what do you expect from that position?  Not the exception; as a general rule?

Now TP, you're not going to like this and I fully expect you to respond with something along the lines of 'I'm talking about the Pats, no other team' or 'It's not up to me - you go find the link.'  But here goes anyway:  Where do the Pats stand with respect to every other team in the league, draft wise?  Don't cherry pick; the draft as a whole.  Overall success, particularly since they're always drafting late in each round because, you know, they continue with this troubling practice of making the playoffs.  Now, show me a non-cherry picked comparison, TP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

It will now be particularly interesting to read everyone's reactions in this forum post-draft this year.

Many will still think the Pats missed out on someone.  Just because a player is highly regarded by some fans with whatever knowledge they have does not mean the team thinks the same way.  But, these same fans will question why the team did not think like them.  Right?

Of course.  Hey it's fun to create mock drafts and second-guess BB and his picks.  It's hilarious, however, when people actually start foaming at the mouth over a 3rd round pick who was chosen late in that round. 

Yeah...and it's hilarious seeing the Patriots grow old, and unable to win in the playoffs against the Jets, Ravens, Broncos, and Giants...because their defense is awful. Yeah, why bother with "a late 3rd round pick"...even if it is a top 100 pick. Might as well just pass on the pick. Right, ATJ??  

Um, this just in TP:  The Pats are the second youngest team in the NFL.  Not opinion - fact.  Defense needed work and that was addressed.  It was pretty impressive first part of the season until Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo went down and Talib was out for his obligatory however many games.  Disagree with the Harmon pick, TP; it's certianly your prerogative but I was seriously concerned for your health man.  Not sure what you were like in person but on here you appeared to be having a cerebral hemorrhage over the pick.  Egad, man, what do you expect from that position?  Not the exception; as a general rule?

Now TP, you're not going to like this and I fully expect you to respond with something along the lines of 'I'm talking about the Pats, no other team' or 'It's not up to me - you go find the link.'  But here goes anyway:  Where do the Pats stand with respect to every other team in the league, draft wise?  Don't cherry pick; the draft as a whole.  Overall success, particularly since they're always drafting late in each round because, you know, they continue with this troubling practice of making the playoffs.  Now, show me a non-cherry picked comparison, TP.

you get points here the use of "egad"...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It will be the same as it has for years. BB will have a few good picks, and then we will have to endure the whining and moaning on the picks people here don't like.

Then the sun will rise, and the sky will be blue.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

You are one of those people, though You're a miserable, embittered fan who tries to absolve Brady while bashing BB for everything.

Are you on crack? Seriously? Show me one single thread where I bash BB, or make excuses for Brady, and I will leave the board forever. Care to do the same if you can't?

Yeah thought so d!ckhead. So sorry mommy didn't hug you enough you clueless turd.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

This is old news, TPat. Try to keep up.

Mt Hurls feels Lombardi's strong resume and the Cleveland Browns stupid choice of a knee jerk firing is not our gain, even though Lombardi has provided a sounding board for BB since 2010.

Kinda funny, since I pointed out years ago that you could always tell what would happen with the Pats, because Lombardi would break the news or give a hint on NFLN a day or two before we learned about a move as fans.

lol

Lombardi will now be like a Floyd Reese for BB.  A sounding board, another person to bring in another voice. The fact it is now full time, is great news.

This should be put to rest the morons here like Karp and Catfish Hunter who must have a specific press release telling us what he makes, how long the deal is for, etc.

I don't see how the "greatest" GM of all time would need help

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Look at your anger.  Wow.  Try yoga or something. 

You're in the anti-BB group. You're not fooling anyone here.

Wow...look at your stupidity....try being a man or something. I'm sure your yoga class does wonders for your brainless self.

I'll say it again since you conveniently side-stepped it last time....

Find ONE POST where I bash BB or make excuses for Brady, and I'm gone forever. Should be easy to do making accusations like you do. But you leave forever if you can't do it.

Keep making a fool of yourself tool.....we aren't mad trust me....we are all laughing at you. Too bad your 152 IQ prevents you from having any common sense to see that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

He's had draft consultants, they're called scouts... It still didn't stop him from overruling them and taking Tavon bust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Look at your anger.  Wow.  Try yoga or something. 

You're in the anti-BB group. You're not fooling anyone here.

Wow...look at your stupidity....try being a man or something. I'm sure your yoga class does wonders for your brainless self.

I'll say it again since you conveniently side-stepped it last time....

Find ONE POST where I bash BB or make excuses for Brady, and I'm gone forever. Should be easy to do making accusations like you do. But you leave forever if you can't do it.

Keep making a fool of yourself tool.....we aren't mad trust me....we are all laughing at you. Too bad your 152 IQ prevents you from having any common sense to see that.

that 152 is out of 1000 of course

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

This is old news, TPat. Try to keep up.

Mt Hurls feels Lombardi's strong resume and the Cleveland Browns stupid choice of a knee jerk firing is not our gain, even though Lombardi has provided a sounding board for BB since 2010.

Kinda funny, since I pointed out years ago that you could always tell what would happen with the Pats, because Lombardi would break the news or give a hint on NFLN a day or two before we learned about a move as fans.

lol

Lombardi will now be like a Floyd Reese for BB.  A sounding board, another person to bring in another voice. The fact it is now full time, is great news.

This should be put to rest the morons here like Karp and Catfish Hunter who must have a specific press release telling us what he makes, how long the deal is for, etc.

I don't see how the "greatest" GM of all time would need help

The smartest people on earth learn and pull from others. That's why they're smart.

You're not smart, so you don't get this concept.   lol

but according to u BB is infallible

and since he never made a bad pick why should he need help now??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

that 152 is out of 1000 of course

The funniest part of it is that he probably really believes it. Anyone who thinks this waste of space has an IQ over 13 is fooling themselves. I bet a million bucks he isn't a hair over 5'2" and drives a Prius....but he feels really tough when he borrows mom's 4x4 Subaru.

Hey Napoleon, did you find a post of me bashing BB yet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

It would be a nice move. Lombardi seems to have a decent eye for talent. I'm sure he would help in player evaluation.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

6'1 190 here.

Umm yeah....whatever you say Napoleon....nice try though.

Do you still fit your big wheel?

Maybe if you hang onto a chin-up bar for long periods, you might break 5'3" by Xmas?

Keep us laughing little man.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts