BB Hires Draft Consultant?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: BB Hires Draft Consultant?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Well, it's true.  Good luck getting some maturity.  

Says Napoleon when he REALLY wants everyone to believe he is a big boy now.....

Try eating spinach....and do your stretches every day.....hopefully next year you won't need the 3 phonebooks to see over the dash of your super cool Prius.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

It would be a nice move. Lombardi seems to have a decent eye for talent. I'm sure he would help in player evaluation.

Won't work, Bustchise. In another thread you just praised Mark Sanchez.  

Nope. I said he played well in the divisional game against the Patriots (16/25, 194 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int). I didn't say he was not a bust.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Dude, your little schtick here is seriously lame.  I don't care what you believe. You're a complete stranger and someone I don't know, therefore don't have a care or a respect for.

Get it?

Now I have schtick huh? And how will I ever sleep at night knowing I don't have the board jesters respect? Oh the travisty!!

Here's a clue for you, even though I'm quite sure it will fly straight over your tiny little head. The ENTIRE message board thinks you are a complete joke, and yet after many years, you still can't see it.

Do you honestly think there is one single person on this message board who respects you and your crackhead agenda? You act like they do, and we all continue to laugh at you.

So go back down to the basement, and put your tight little leggings on for yoga class, get in your Prius, and go to the early class so you can still catch the Price is Right later.

Do you have a Napoleon hat to go with your big wheel?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Mike Lombardi has officially been hired by the Pats, and given the title of "Assistant to the Coaching Staff": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/20/patriots-hire-mike-lombardi-as-an-assistant-to-the-coaching-staff/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I have REAL friends

This is about as believable as you being 6'1"......."I have real friends", but somehow I find the time to post 4,000+ times in a couple months....whatever you claim little man.

Keep going Napoleon....you have been very entertaining today....Do you have a safety flag on your big wheel?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Mike Lombardi has officially been hired by the Pats, and given the title of "Assistant to the Coaching Staff": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/20/patriots-hire-mike-lombardi-as-an-assistant-to-the-coaching-staff/

I bet Kraft looked at his team coming up short(literally 1 play short) in 3 years of winning 3 more super bowls and he was like...Belichick doesn't know what he is doing, I gotta get that guy who built the 2013 cleveland dynasty. He then informed BB hire this guy or that's it.

Or BB hired his old GM who helped start BB's unique system of scouting(placing value on each player with color coding etc...read "Patriot Reign", or "The Education of a coach" by the great David Halberstam)

He learned a lot of this system from his father the late great Steve Belichick the long time Navy scout. It is the same system BB used to build a dynasty and make 5 super bowl appearances, and 8 afc championships appearances in 13 years. 

I am all for bringing in guys who speak your language and share your vision. it is a key component to any succesful business.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I have zero interest in anyone's opinion of me here, as people I don't even know. ZERO.  As far as I know I am talking to a Pats fan and that's it.  I don't care how they see me.

This is what you don't get. I don't come here to make friends, all insecure. I have REAL friends, unlike yourself apparently.

Anyone trying to make friends, so impersonally like this on messageboard's, needs some professional help.

The fact you think a status or reputation means something here is comical. Are you related to Nary a Clue? lmao

This would be somewhat clever if NAS's name was actually NAC. Nice try, dopey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

that 152 is out of 1000 of course

The funniest part of it is that he probably really believes it. Anyone who thinks this waste of space has an IQ over 13 is fooling themselves. I bet a million bucks he isn't a hair over 5'2" and drives a Prius....but he feels really tough when he borrows mom's 4x4 Subaru.

Hey Napoleon, did you find a post of me bashing BB yet?

What's wrong with a Prius? Incredible gas mileage. A bit overpriced which is too bad, but a great way to save money on gas during the year especially if you like to travel or have a longer work commute. Absolutely. My buddy's wife drives one and they're much roomier than I expected and simply incredible on gas.

Also, a good environmental choice.

6'1 190 here.

Keep pretending you don't enable the Fellowship of the Miserable here, Mr. Miserable. Your anger and tone is always on display.

Try tiddlywinks. That might help your delicate psyche.

Didn't you tell all of us you were 5'10 last year? Wow, you had a growth spurt in your 30's!

And you would praise a Prius...not surprising from a guy who drives a Nissan Sentra.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is a needed move - when reports were leaked after the last draft that Beilichick overruled his scouting department and selected Harmon - it has never been more obvious that he needs someone in that room to stand up to him. Now I understand coaches and scouts don't always agree, but this a guy who was one year removed from reaching on Tavon Wilson...then he went against scout's opinions and selected another safety at a spot they obviously didn't feel he should of went. 

RESPONSE: Heck...it was much worse than just Harmon and Tavon Wilson. Don't forget that BB also signed UFA safety Adrian Wilson last year, and drafted safeties Patrick Chung (34th overall pick in 2009) and Brandon Meriweather (24th overall pick in 2007). YUCK!!! 

I watched "a football life" on Belichick, I saw him sit there at the head of a table talking about his receivers...he was the only person talking...he would say something and no one would reply, then he'd answer it and say something else. I can't imagine that's the way it was when Charlie Weis was here...I imagine the conversations are pretty one sided in that draft room too.

RESPONSE: True...though from what I've read, BB used to listen to Scott Pioli. Hiring a consultant is one thing, but listening to the consultant is another. At least there's hope. Aside from the Tavon Wilson disaster (48th overall) and Jake Bequette (90th overall), BB had a good draft in 2012. In 2013, BB made an excellent trade-down with Minnesota, and appears to have scored with OLB Jamie Collins (52nd overall pick). But then there was the Harmon pick at #91 overall. The jury is still out on CB Logan Ryan, and WRs Dobson and Boyce.

To be fair Chung and Meriweather were ProBowlers and still starting in this league. He wasn't the only one high on them. Ryan had a better season than Collins and was drafted later. How is the jury still out yet Collins is a stud? I like what I saw from Dobson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

that 152 is out of 1000 of course

The funniest part of it is that he probably really believes it. Anyone who thinks this waste of space has an IQ over 13 is fooling themselves. I bet a million bucks he isn't a hair over 5'2" and drives a Prius....but he feels really tough when he borrows mom's 4x4 Subaru.

Hey Napoleon, did you find a post of me bashing BB yet?

What's wrong with a Prius? Incredible gas mileage. A bit overpriced which is too bad, but a great way to save money on gas during the year especially if you like to travel or have a longer work commute. Absolutely. My buddy's wife drives one and they're much roomier than I expected and simply incredible on gas.

Also, a good environmental choice.

6'1 190 here.

Keep pretending you don't enable the Fellowship of the Miserable here, Mr. Miserable. Your anger and tone is always on display.

Try tiddlywinks. That might help your delicate psyche.

Didn't you tell all of us you were 5'10 last year? Wow, you had a growth spurt in your 30's!

And you would praise a Prius...not surprising from a guy who drives a Nissan Sentra.

I like the Prius but not as much of the Ford CMax. Especially the plug ins of both those models.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

This is old news, TPat. Try to keep up.

Mt Hurls feels Lombardi's strong resume and the Cleveland Browns stupid choice of a knee jerk firing is not our gain, even though Lombardi has provided a sounding board for BB since 2010.

Kinda funny, since I pointed out years ago that you could always tell what would happen with the Pats, because Lombardi would break the news or give a hint on NFLN a day or two before we learned about a move as fans.

lol

Lombardi will now be like a Floyd Reese for BB.  A sounding board, another person to bring in another voice. The fact it is now full time, is great news.

This should be put to rest the morons here like Karp and Catfish Hunter who must have a specific press release telling us what he makes, how long the deal is for, etc.

I don't see how the "greatest" GM of all time would need help

The smartest people on earth learn and pull from others. That's why they're smart.

You're not smart, so you don't get this concept.   lol

but according to u BB is infallible

and since he never made a bad pick why should he need help now??

BB hired an advisor, old friend and former Titans GM, Floyd Reese in 2009.

He entrusted old friend Pioli here for a decade.  BB has apparently been bouncing off ideas and listening to Lombardi since 2010 with regards to the draft.

This is nothing new.

Your jealousy is delicious. Maybe Jerry Reese should look into expanding how he does things with the Giants missing the playoffs TWO YEARS in a row and a 3rd possibly upcoming as he and Coughlin get fired?

well Bellichick would breath a sigh of relief if Coughlin got let go because he certainly can't beat him! : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I bet Kraft looked at his team coming up short(literally 1 play short) in 3 years of winning 3 more super bowls and he was like...Belichick doesn't know what he is doing, I gotta get that guy who built the 2013 cleveland dynasty. He then informed BB hire this guy or that's it.

Or BB hired his old GM who helped start BB's unique system of scouting(placing value on each player with color coding etc...read "Patriot Reign", or "The Education of a coach" by the great David Halberstam)

He learned a lot of this system from his father the late great Steve Belichick the long time Navy scout. It is the same system BB used to build a dynasty and make 5 super bowl appearances, and 8 afc championships appearances in 13 years. 

I am all for bringing in guys who speak your language and share your vision. it is a key component to any succesful business.

translation: Bellichick has fallen short on building a competent D in 6 years of trying and can't count on stumbling on a Tom Brady again so before the fast approaching end of Tom's career we can't leave the draft in BB's hands any longer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I don't care how they see me.

This is what you don't get. I don't come here to make friends, all insecure. I have REAL friends, unlike yourself apparently.

This is how we see you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6m91ZE21I

Eating Granny's soup, watching 60 minutes, posting on this forum.

No, Don't lie.  We all know you don't have REAL friends.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I don't care how they see me.

This is how we see you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6m91ZE21I

Eating Granny's soup, watching 60 minutes, posting on this forum.

No, Don't lie.  We all know you don't have REAL friends.

so that's Rusty! It's nice to put a face to the name

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It would be a nice move. Lombardi seems to have a decent eye for talent. I'm sure he would help in player evaluation.

Pardon me for my ignorance. Can someone post the list of outstanding draft picks Lombardi snared, especially stars who had no pre-draft buzz? This is not sarcasm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pardon me for my ignorance. Can someone post the list of outstanding draft picks Lombardi snared, especially stars who had no pre-draft buzz? This is not sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

They will refuse to do it.

They're frauds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sad to say it looks like BB is still the prime force in draft decisions. Lombardi seems to be evaluating the pro level players. Hopefully Lombardi will take over the draft portion too next year. Then maybe we will have enough sense to not pi$$ the whole draft away on a guy with two bum wheels and a backup QB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Sad to say it looks like BB is still the prime force in draft decisions. Lombardi seems to be evaluating the pro level players. Hopefully Lombardi will take over the draft portion too next year. Then maybe we will have enough sense to not pi$$ the whole draft away on a guy with two bum wheels and a backup QB.

BB drafted Collins, Harmon, Ryan, Dobson and signed Chris Jones, Ryan Allen and Josh Kline as UDFAs in 2013.

Lombardi was not involved.

Thanks again to BB!

EXPOSED beyond belief no matter what direction you turn! LOL!

It's comical for the board to watch you disingenuous phonies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'm pretty sure the Patriots are like all teams and use a scouting service as far as drafting info goes as well as their own judgement. BB has the final say because he has to coach the guys they draft. Is he right all the time? Nope! I will tell you this though he's a master of finding UDFA's, so maybe he gets the expensive players wrong, but when it comes to the cheap guys he's way above average. Last years team had 14 UDFA's on it. Or roughly 30% of the roster. Harmon was actually very productive last year and showed a knack for being around the ball. As for Wilson he's been a core Special teams player since day one. Jamie Collins, Ryan Logan, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce all contributed to last years outstanding season.

I've read a couple of times in different articles that the Pats are one of the only teams that does not subscribe to a scouting service. It is the reason they have such a large scouting staff compared to other teams. It's also a pretty good bet to be the reason other teams have gone after members of the Pats scouting staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ToneKing's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB drafted Collins, Harmon, Ryan, Dobson and signed Chris Jones, Ryan Allen and Josh Kline as UDFAs in 2013.

Thanks again to BB!

[/QUOTE]

You're seriously offering Harmon, Ryan, Dobson, Chris Jones, Ryan Allen and Josh Kline as evidence BB is a great talent scout? Really?

Five stiffs and a punter? That's brilliant?

Collins is pretty good, as a 2nd round pick should be. He's WAY better than most of BB's 2nd round picks have been.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

In response to ToneKing's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks again to BB!

[/QUOTE]

You're seriously offering Harmon, Ryan, Dobson, Chris Jones, Ryan Allen and Josh Kline as evidence BB is a great talent scout? Really?

Five stiffs and a punter? That's brilliant?

Collins is pretty good, as a 2nd round pick should be. He's WAY better than most of BB's 2nd round picks have been.

[/QUOTE]

Collins is "pretty good"?

We have the best LB corps in the AFC and Mayo isn't even here.

Five stiffs?  Also, punting, STs and field position is enormous. Matt Slater, Bolden, etc. All huge contributors in small ways.

Ryan Allen won STs player of the week last week AGAIN.

Chris Jones STARTS next to Vince Wilfork on our incredibly underrated D Line.

Kline has come in and looked great on every snap for 2 years now.

You're certifiably insane.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow!  While you were engaged in this archaeological dig did you run across the orgininal of Hammurabi's Code of Laws?

Sections
Shortcuts