BB is admitting it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

BB is admitting it

Why won't Queenie admit that Danny "glass figurine" Amendola was a FA bust?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/report-patriots-have-floated-danny-amendolas-name-in-trade-discussions/

Can we assume that if some team gives up anything more than a bag o balls for him, Queenie will claim that BB "fleeced" them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: BB is admitting it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

On McDaniels' recommendations, BB  brought in Lloyd and Amendola from St. Louis. Neither one of them had worked out so well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On McDaniels' recommendations, BB  brought in Lloyd and Amendola from St. Louis. Neither one of them had worked out so well.

[/QUOTE]

Salas too I believe 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd wasn't too bad for the cost and production, but Amendola was a mistake...simple as that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I like Amendola but does seem to be injury prone,considering the circumstances around him,I got to wait til after this year to call him a bust. If we can sign Decker and Gronk is healthy, that's as good a recieving core as one else in the NFL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh, Rusty knows.  He just has a hard time admitting when he is wrong.  Wait, let me rephrase.  Rusty can not admit when he is wrong.  He will change directions and try anything and everything to save himself.  That is why he is now comparing Amendola to David Patten.  Let's not forget when he first started talking about Amendola last off season and preseason he was describing Amendola as being the next Troy Brown but even better because he would be a much better weapon in the red zone.  LMAO!  That didn't happen so he changes gears and brings up the David Patten angle.  Amendola finsished with less yards then David Patton and he only had 2 td's. What happened to the next Troy Brown but better in the red zone he was on here so openly talking about?  If the Pats move Amendola he will never hear the end of it from me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Amendola but does seem to be injury prone,considering the circumstances around him,I got to wait til after this year to call him a bust. If we can sign Decker and Gronk is healthy, that's as good a recieving core as one else in the NFL

[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be bashed here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In retrospect, both were bad decisions.  We've needed both quality and stability at the WR position for a while.  Welker was the one guy we've had that has provided both and we let him walk.  The other guys we've brought in haven't been long-term answers and haven't really been great short-term stop gaps either.  Keeping Welker another year or two and getting a decent replacement for Moss after 2010 would have been a better strategy, I think. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Amendola is just another black mark on a poor GMs resume.

Thank God for Tom Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Tough to play when your torn groin muscle is off the bone?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to teegee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, sounds like a conditioning issue.  Who would have predicted that Danny would suddenly become injury prone?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It' funny, I never once looked at the WR stats with Brown, Patten, Branch, etc back in the day. Not once. I never focused on it.

Now, when the production is there, people still want to whine about it.  2007 destroyed Brady, the team, and how some of our own fans understand how to analyze this game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, offensive domination destroyed Brady. You're an idiot.

BTW, it's clear that you never looked at Brown's stats because for years you claimed that Brady never "stared down" WR before Welker, even though Brown had 100+ catches.  

You're inability to distinguish the difference between what a high scoring offense does to a team compared to what a defense that cannot get off the field and repeatedly gives up game losing drives in the last 2 minutes is beyond hilarious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

74 catches, 4 TDS and 900 yards as a 4th receiving option didn't work out well?  lol

I am becoming concerned with not only some fans perceptions of what works and what doesn't at the WR position, but Tom Brady's behind the scenes end-of-season exit interviews and how that affects BB's decisions as GM here.

Personally, I don't believe all of this story anyway because the cap hit is too much for a WR who played the year with a torn groin and played solid with that kind of an injury.  I am sure calls are made all around the league this time of year, though.  This is just one that will create drama via the anti-BB media.

The problem really is Brady. Note how it always seems to be the WR who is at fault. The odds of it always being the WR's fault every season is becoming disturbing and painfully obvious that it isn't the WRs fault. Note how it doesn't matter who the receiver is, TE or WR, old or young, etc.  There's always something Brady tries to blame elsewhere other than his own skills at the QB position.

This whole game of Brady being so demanding is destroying the team.  It's been building for years. He literally has thrown games away by playing favorites and teams seeing that.  He played the victim role when BB had to trade Branch, BB kissed his butt with Moss and Welker and Brady has been whining ever since 2011, even while spoiled.

It has got to stop.  I am not sure it can. The same thing keeps happening via Brady.

[/QUOTE]

What is Brady "demanding", Queenie and from who is he "demanding" it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

74 catches, 4 TDS and 900 yards as a 4th receiving option didn't work out well?  lol

I am becoming concerned with not only some fans perceptions of what works and what doesn't at the WR position, but Tom Brady's behind the scenes end-of-season exit interviews and how that affects BB's decisions as GM here.

Personally, I don't believe all of this story anyway because the cap hit is too much for a WR who played the year with a torn groin and played solid with that kind of an injury.  I am sure calls are made all around the league this time of year, though.  This is just one that will create drama via the anti-BB media.

The problem really is Brady. Note how it always seems to be the WR who is at fault. The odds of it always being the WR's fault every season is becoming disturbing and painfully obvious that it isn't the WRs fault. Note how it doesn't matter who the receiver is, TE or WR, old or young, etc.  There's always something Brady tries to blame elsewhere other than his own skills at the QB position.

This whole game of Brady being so demanding is destroying the team.  It's been building for years. He literally has thrown games away by playing favorites and teams seeing that.  He played the victim role when BB had to trade Branch, BB kissed his butt with Moss and Welker and Brady has been whining ever since 2011, even while spoiled.

It has got to stop.  I am not sure it can. The same thing keeps happening via Brady.

[/QUOTE]

By "favorites" do you mean throwing to the guys who make the plays?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In retrospect, both were bad decisions.  We've needed both quality and stability at the WR position for a while.  Welker was the one guy we've had that has provided both and we let him walk.  The other guys we've brought in haven't been long-term answers and haven't really been great short-term stop gaps either.  Keeping Welker another year or two and getting a decent replacement for Moss after 2010 would have been a better strategy, I think. 

[/QUOTE]

Would they have won a championship if they kept WW? All that would have happened differently is Welker would have caught 120 passes and Edelman would have caught 20 or 25.

If Welker could have prevented Gronk from getting his leg taken out and/or kept VW, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer and Talib on the field, then yeah he'd have made a difference. Otherwise, no difference.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Do we wonder why Brady stopped throwing to Amendola late in the season?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It' funny, I never once looked at the WR stats with Brown, Patten, Branch, etc back in the day. Not once. I never focused on it.

Now, when the production is there, people still want to whine about it.  2007 destroyed Brady, the team, and how some of our own fans understand how to analyze this game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, offensive domination destroyed Brady. You're an idiot.

BTW, it's clear that you never looked at Brown's stats because for years you claimed that Brady never "stared down" WR before Welker, even though Brown had 100+ catches.  

You're inability to distinguish the difference between what a high scoring offense does to a team compared to what a defense that cannot get off the field and repeatedly gives up game losing drives in the last 2 minutes is beyond hilarious.

[/QUOTE]

That was Brady's first year as a QB.  Are you this stupid still?  Any 1st time starting QB showing some flaws in their game is not a big deal.

Brady clearly was a better QB in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 than he was in 2001 or 2002, moron.

ANd, it's because the was told to trust all of his weapons and spread the ball around.

Weis was able to crack the whip, McDaniels has not been able to do that.

Brady has SUCKED beyond belief in most games in the postseason since McDaniels took over for Weis and they went to this shotgun spread base which is a feast or famine style and detrimental to the team.

This has nothing to do with Caldwell, Gaffney, Branch, Lloyd or Amendola. Nothing.

You should be worried about your own WR position. Stephen Hill is now a bust and Holmes is done as well.  Ouch. Outside of Kerley, I have no idea who your crappy WRs are.

lol

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that Brady improved from his rookie year, Queenie?  Wow!  Thanks for the newsflash. Idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with the brady part if it wasn't for the fact none of them but welker were productive after leaving.

again, if brady is destroying the team, then BB is doing so as well by allowing it. Explain to me why BB would allow this?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Amendola hate club has been too harsh. The guy is a great WR. Elite? No. But great. I hope he is still on the team next year, and I do prefer him over Edelman. I do think the team needs additional vet WR help, and do expect them to sign some.

I have no issue with a receiving corp of Amendola, Dobson, Gronk, Boyce, Chandler, Hooman, Sanders, KT, Moe, Collie.

the question is will DA and Gronk be there in the end. If they are, this receiving corps will be fine with TB at the helm.