BB is admitting it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: BB is admitting it

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In retrospect, both were bad decisions.  We've needed both quality and stability at the WR position for a while.  Welker was the one guy we've had that has provided both and we let him walk.  The other guys we've brought in haven't been long-term answers and haven't really been great short-term stop gaps either.  Keeping Welker another year or two and getting a decent replacement for Moss after 2010 would have been a better strategy, I think. 

[/QUOTE]

Would they have won a championship if they kept WW? All that would have happened differently is Welker would have caught 120 passes and Edelman would have caught 20 or 25.

If Welker could have prevented Gronk from getting his leg taken out and/or kept VW, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer and Talib on the field, then yeah he'd have made a difference. Otherwise, no difference.

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that for a minute.  Edelman would have been used more this season because Dobson and Thompkins and Boyce were all on the sidelines nursing their hurt egos with their injuries.  Welker and Edelman together would have helped the Patriots get to the SB.  Guaranteed!  They would have won at least 1 more game to get that home field advantage in the playoffs, then they would have had some weapons to beat Denver and got to the SB.  Would they have beat Seattle.  I seriously doubt it.  But get them there and let them try, that's all we can really hope for.  But guess what..... they couldn't get there and now you want to let Edelman go and have Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, Amendola, maybe a 7th round WR from the draft or bring in a Molasses Mike type to try and make it there.  I hear Ocho and T.O. are still available.  Branch?  How about Torey Holt, what is he up to these day? 

Yeah! ROFL!!  Sounds like something BB would do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On McDaniels' recommendations, BB  brought in Lloyd and Amendola from St. Louis. Neither one of them had worked out so well.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Too bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

74 catches, 4 TDS and 900 yards as a 4th receiving option didn't work out well?  lol

[/QUOTE]

You talking about Lloyd??  Yeah. apparently he didn't work out for some reason because they let him go before the next season.  Good season, he just didn't work out.  Had he worked out he would have been back for season 2.  Don't ya think?

Can't BB bring in any weapons that can work out.  He can't draft WR's to save his life.  Can hardly pick good ones up in FA but it's hit and miss there to with the guy.  Hopefully Lombardi has an eye for better players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

When will it end? When will Brady be held accountable? When will the media ask Brady to finally be a leader and team player again?  I am sure BB has had direct coversations with Brady about it, but what else can he tell a HOF QB whose ego is spiraling out of control?

[/QUOTE]

Your madman rants are 100% opposite of what your buttbuddy thinks on the same subject.

September, 2013:  “Tom’s the best leader I’ve ever been around,’’ said Belichick. “I wouldn’t be too critical of him.’’

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When will it end? When will Brady be held accountable? When will the media ask Brady to finally be a leader and team player again?  I am sure BB has had direct coversations with Brady about it, but what else can he tell a HOF QB whose ego is spiraling out of control?

[/QUOTE]

Your madman rants are 100% opposite of what your buttbuddy thinks on the same subject.

September, 2013:  “Tom’s the best leader I’ve ever been around,’’ said Belichick. “I wouldn’t be too critical of him.’’

[/QUOTE]

Tell me fat bear...how's that defense of the Bruins doing right about now....there must be some 16 year old to play defenseman for them up in Flin-Flon somewhere, eh? Eh? Eh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem2011. Show guesmem2011's posts

If a taker for Amendola is found....it just proves the "Next Fool" theory is alive and well.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

We have to keep Danny Boy.  No team will trade for him and we can't afford to let anymore players take their money and run.  Jules will go to oakland.  They have bags of cash to spend.  Another reason to keep Danny Boy.  Heard he likes the medical and rehab staff here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In retrospect, both were bad decisions.  We've needed both quality and stability at the WR position for a while.  Welker was the one guy we've had that has provided both and we let him walk.  The other guys we've brought in haven't been long-term answers and haven't really been great short-term stop gaps either.  Keeping Welker another year or two and getting a decent replacement for Moss after 2010 would have been a better strategy, I think. 

[/QUOTE]

Would they have won a championship if they kept WW? All that would have happened differently is Welker would have caught 120 passes and Edelman would have caught 20 or 25.

If Welker could have prevented Gronk from getting his leg taken out and/or kept VW, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer and Talib on the field, then yeah he'd have made a difference. Otherwise, no difference.

[/QUOTE]

It would have kept Talib on the field.  That was clearly a difference maker. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would have kept Talib on the field.  That was clearly a difference maker. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  Good point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have to keep Danny Boy.  No team will trade for him and we can't afford to let anymore players take their money and run.  Jules will go to oakland.  They have bags of cash to spend.  Another reason to keep Danny Boy.  Heard he likes the medical and rehab staff here.

[/QUOTE]

A little late to the party, hey Bustchise? Nobody is falling for your little games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

Amendola is just another black mark on a poor GMs resume.

Thank God for Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

So true. BB should thank his lucky stars each night for Brady to cover his GM warts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank God for Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

So true. BB should thank his lucky stars each night for Brady to cover his GM warts.

[/QUOTE]

oh oh Rusty's antenna just stirred

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank God for Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh oh Rusty's antenna just stirred

[/QUOTE]

you can bet a DH attack to follow very soon.