BB is not your "average" GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

BB is not your "average" GM

A while back we a couple of trolls post threads here calling BB an "average" GM 
    These numbers are telling and prove just the opposite, he is the best GM in football. He built a team that won 11 games while his hall of fame qb was out for the season. The 2nd round pick was a big surprise and some of his moves may be head scratchers but he seems to know better than any GM out there. We are very lucky to have him as the GM of the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: BB is not your "average" GM

Realistic human beings don't need that chart to know BB is the best GM in the business but I sure am glad you found it. Now get ready for some spin from the BB is an average GM camp!

123-37 since 02..wow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: BB is not your "average" GM:
    [QUOTE]http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/04/25/the-best-and-worst-nfl-teams-in-drafting-collegiate-talent/ Don't let facts get in the way, right? You silly patsie fans think that your list means BB drafted all of them.  Of course, this list doesn't take into consideration the guys BB drafted early and cut lose before they even finished their rookie contracts.  
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Having you disagree is even more proof of how good a GM BB is. Of course the trolls are going to say that. 

You are not a jets fan either, if you were you be spending draft day on on of their fan forums instead of a Patriots forum. Seriously, if by some miracle the jets were in the super bowl you would be here talking with Pats fans about the off season instead of watching your "team" play.. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/04/25/the-best-and-worst-nfl-teams-in-drafting-collegiate-talent/ Don't let facts get in the way, right? You silly patsie fans think that your list means BB drafted all of them.  Of course, this list doesn't take into consideration the guys BB drafted early and cut lose before they even finished their rookie contracts.  

The methodology in that "study" is hilariously stupid.  I already pointed this out to you in another thread, but sadly it doesn't fit your agenda so you choose to ignore it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is not your "average" GM : What about it is so "hilariously stupid"?  Is it the fact that it takes into consideration how something other than how many probowls a player drafted by the guy before made?

Since you are too stupid to understand anything I will keep it simple.  It treats all picks the same.  To that "study" there is no difference between a 7th and a 1st round pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is not your "average" GM : It treats the picks the same for all teams.  This is a problem?  Are you worried that Bill was hurt because he trades his #1 pick for 14 6th and 7th rounders? So, a list of probowl players, some drafted by another management team, treats the picks differently? Why are so many patsie fans so dang dumb?

You really are remarkably stupid.  It's quite impressive in a sad kind of way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

from the article you cited

"On the point of coaching quality, consider that the on-field accomplishments of the Giants and Patriots surpasses their estimated drafting proficiencies…where as the same cannot be said for the Dallas Cowboys."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How are those rosters full of Phat Rex & Tannenbaum's SuperBowl teams doing and why do you keep looking over your shoulder?

BB has built and coached teams to 5 SBs and right now they are the favorites in the AFC to get back there. That would make how many JenMangione? Its one more than five... Its 5 plus 1... If we have five SBs and I get one more then how many more than Phat Rex and Tannenbaum do we have? ... OK, count the fingers on your right hand.. no.. your other right... that's it.. Now count one more finger from your... yes, thats right.. your other hand.. and you... have ... SIX!.... good for you!  Good girl...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: BB is not your "average" GM": [QUOTE]http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/04/25/the-best-and-worst-nfl-teams-in-drafting-collegiate-talent/ Don't let facts get in the way, right? You silly patsie fans think that your list means BB drafted all of them.  Of course, this list doesn't take into consideration the guys BB drafted early and cut lose before they even finished their rookie contracts.   Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE] I don't see anything wrong with the article. It's as good as any methodology for rating drafts I suppose, but it's not perfect. The only thing is the sample size is very small, 2005-2009. The Jets had some good drafts in that period. The Pats worst drafts were 06-08 so I'm surprised they did as well as they did in that period compared to everyone else. Really, the teams with the lowest drafting position should be first and so on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: BB is not your "average" GM": I don't see anything wrong with the article. It's as good as any methodology for rating drafts I suppose, but it's not perfect. The only thing is the sample size is very small, 2005-2009. The Jets had some good drafts in that period. The Pats worst drafts were 06-08 so I'm surprised they did as well as they did in that period compared to everyone else. Really, the teams with the lowest drafting position should be first and so on.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

one would think that those drafting early in each round would have a better probability of nfl caliber players that are able to contribute. If so, teams like Detriot should have a million all pros....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: BB is not your "average" GM": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is not your "average" GM : one would think that those drafting early in each round would have a better probability of nfl caliber players that are able to contribute. If so, teams like Detriot should have a million all pros.... Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE] True.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

the 2006 to 2008 drafts suck, what else can you say.   Mayo, Slater, Gost out of 21 picks is pathetic. 

BB is great at unrestricted free agents and undrafted types.

2009 was ok.

BB should just stop drafting in the second round.

Butler, Wheatley, Brace, Ras I can never get on the field Dowling, Jackson,  yes, Chung, yes the oft injured Volmer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

And those Pro Ball Picks,   Brandon Meriweather,  Devon McCourty, and Slater just shows you what the Pro Bowl really means.

BB is brilliant except in drafting.   Don t be a yahoo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

We honestly have a Jets fan in here trying to make fun of the Pats? Really? The Jets are clinging to relevance by a bad Tebow interception

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]And those Pro Ball Picks,   Brandon Meriweather,  Devon McCourty, and Slater just shows you what the Pro Bowl really means. BB is brilliant except in drafting.   Don t be a yahoo.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

sure genius... how do they have the best record in the NFL for the past 11 years without having a great GM? How are your jets doing these days?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I am not a Jets fan,  I am stating look at the record for drafting.

Nobdoy is questioning his Coaching Ability. 

And havingTom Brady doesn't hurt either.

For 3 years, his GM skills hurt his coaching skills.

Clearly this year's draft shows that he HE KNOWS the Defense was not up to par.  ANd the Defense was not up to SB winning stuff for Many YEars.  Those are the facts.

And the fact that they are a consistent winner since 2001.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]the 2006 to 2008 drafts suck, what else can you say.   Mayo, Slater, Gost out of 21 picks is pathetic.  BB is great at unrestricted free agents and undrafted types. 2009 was ok. BB should just stop drafting in the second round. Butler, Wheatley, Brace, Ras I can never get on the field Dowling, Jackson,  yes, Chung, yes the oft injured Volmer

Who are you the draft guru? There is more to a GM's role than just drafting players .. Don't be an idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]And those Pro Ball Picks,   Brandon Meriweather,  Devon McCourty, and Slater just shows you what the Pro Bowl really means. BB is brilliant except in drafting.   Don t be a yahoo.

First, lets start by having you, Ben, tell us all the GMs who dont have misses in the draft? While we are waiting for your pearls on that one lets consider your brilliant statement for itself: Did BB draft any of the O lineman that played on the Pats teams of the last 11 years, teams which won more games and got to more SB and won more SB than any other? After you check out that record how about QB? Then lets look at TEs (dont forget to look at all of them - like Daniel Graham)? Next lets see if he drafted any D linemen, any LBs, sny CBs, any Ss. And if your response is to pan all the players on the Pats you can compare that with the reality of their record as THE most dominating team over the last 11 years.

Get real. Of course you can name bad picks. Take a look at every blasted team in the league pretty much every year. And sure some team, some GM, will have a great year. But few if any match the whole 11 years.

And by the way cherry picker, FAs count. If BB trades draft picks for Welker and Moss you cant take it away from him and say he had a bad year in 2007.

Cherry picking is for those who pick their noses and play fantasy football. You and your girl friends ever actually play football? Get real. Cherry Picker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

What the heck?? Did Jet-mangy-one just get banned? I was just going to respond and all of his posts are gone....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]What the heck?? Did Jet-mangy-one just get banned? I was just going to respond and all of his posts are gone....
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Bummer, I wanted to give him some S..t too.  He will find his way back here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Do we really need to keep doing this? Lindy's had them rated 17th over the last 5 years. No team has selected as many players over the last 5 years and no team has had as many busts in that period.

I don't think anyone is saying Belichick doesn't know what good players look like, it's just that the draft is not an exact science - things happen - guys get hurt, etc. When we selected Butler, Brace and Chung, I thought they were can't miss picks...I was wrong. When we drafted Spikes and Cunningham in the second, I thought they were major reaches...I was half wrong. I thought Price was a good safe pick in the third round...wrong! I thought the Brandon Tate selection was a real head scratcher. When they selected Chad Jackson I pictured him catching 80 passes a year from Brady.

Who really cares? The guy is the best coach in the NFL, who has the luxury of having the best QB. When he does select the right players he sure the hell knows what to do with them - which is a lot more than other coaches in this league.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

I agree with you. the way i look at we are builing to stop Steelers and Ravens. Forget Jets they wont be in the playoffs in near future. 

looking at last year the offense was great for most part. Now with these additions we will be able to give them few more possesions which was sorely missed last season when counted. The jets guy keep bringing up 90 yard drive which is fine but thats not the entire game. We have 9 possesions compared to avg of 14 offence used to have. Either way Jets cant even stop this team in their dreams. they are the step children and always will be. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

How could the Mangy one get banned, when I was just about to hit the "ignore" icon for him?  Meh, happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to BB is not your "average" GM:
    [QUOTE]A while back we a couple of trolls post threads here calling BB an "average" GM
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

These trolls disappeared around the draft because they didn't want to give their picks and have suddenly reappeared to give their 2 cents... anyone who indulges these trolls with anything but a full rear end moon is a fool.