BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever

So BB gets up and has a press conference and says Moss was NEVER a discipline problem and there were NO incidents.  Umm, so why did you trade him them?  Out of the goodness of your heart because Randy wanted out?  If so, tell poor Mankins that sitting in limbo.

I wish for once you could get alittle honesty out of him and jusy say, the guy was becoming a problem and we shipped his butt to Minnesota.  Next question?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever

seriously dude.

u gotta be kidding me. maybe u should be a rex fan. hes honest! 

what did u want him to say? oh me n randy got into a fist fight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Patman,
    the "dustup" with O'brien is an everyday occurance. the "urgency" to trade Moss was 100% on Moss, not the Pats. If Moss played out the season and had no contract, if NFL play is canceled next year, then Moss is theoretically retired. It was paramount to Moss to have a contract before season end to insure his future career

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever:
    seriously dude. u gotta be kidding me. maybe u should be a rex fan. hes honest!  what did u want him to say? oh me n randy got into a fist fight.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

There is a huge difference between saying there was a fist fight and he was nto a problem at all.  I didnt say he had to get specific.  If the guy was a problem then say he was a problem and we traded him and are moving on.

If the guy was not a problem then this is the dumbest move ever.  Even if you are not going to resgin him, having him play this year to me is better then the 3rd round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever:
    So BB gets up and has a press conference and says Moss was NEVER a discipline problem and there were NO incidents.  Umm, so why did you trade him them?  Out of the goodness of your heart because Randy wanted out?  If so, tell poor Mankins that sitting in limbo. I wish for once you could get alittle honesty out of him and jusy say, the guy was becoming a problem and we shipped his butt to Minnesota.  Next question?
    Posted by Patsman2

It has nothing to do with honesty. The media is looking for anti Moss stories from the Pats so they can continue stiring up interest and controversy. You should know by now that BB considers this part of press conferences to have nothing to do with football and makes a point of never getting involved in the National Enquirer side of sports reporting. Since that's become 80% of sports media it's why they dislike him so much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Really dude? Seriously? Do you believe players don't get traded when ownership says they are not on the block. C'mon man. M Lynch would still be on Buffalo if that was the case. If you believe everything players, coaches and ownership tell the media I don't know what to tell you...
    Posted by tompenny

Ummm, no I dont believe them.  That was the point of the post actually.  Guess you didnt get my sarcasim.  I wanted him to be honest for once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Really dude? Seriously? Do you believe players don't get traded when ownership says they are not on the block. C'mon man. M Lynch would still be on Buffalo if that was the case. If you believe everything players, coaches and ownership tell the media I don't know what to tell you...
    Posted by tompenny

Since the media constantly engages in rumor mongering and constantly tries to insert itself into player/team relationships is there any reason they deserve the truth?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : Ummm, no I dont believe them.  That was the point of the post actually.  Guess you didnt get my sarcasim.  I wanted him to be honest for once.
    Posted by Patsman2

Why? So they can fill their air time with more soap opera? Sorry that's not BB's job

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Below is the quote from BB:

``It's a combination of things,'' he said. ``But I will say this there was never any incident or discipline problem with Randy because there never has been one with me in four years and it certainly wasn't about contract or money.

So it wasnt about him being a discipline problem.
    So it wasnt about money or contract.

It was "a combination of things".  When asked to elaborate on what those things were BB declined.  So anyone have an idea what it could have been??? that popped up in the middle of the season and had the guy traded in less then 24 hours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

First off, I may be wrong but I thought BB was talking about there being no incidents with him. I don't believe he included the coaches in that statement.

Second, as much as the media and the fans of opposing teams call BB classless, nothing could be further from the truth. BB in reality is a very classy guy. Otherwise the Krafts wouldn't have kept him involved with their brand. That being said, most folks nowadays have no clue what class is because they haven't been taught what it is. Class is having manners even when they will do you no good. Now I realize most of us here probably don't know what manners are but BB has them. And part of having manners is not to bad mouth people in public or behind their backs. Now that doesn't mean you lie about what went on, but you only tell about the good parts not the bad ones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I will take BB and his silence over moron coaches like Rex Ryan who will say anything to get his face on TV. BB is a unique coach and you either like his style or you dont and to those who dont I would suggest you find a new team cause he is not going anywhere and he will NEVER change his ways with the media.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Sorry MVP, I was a Pats fan long before BB got here, and I will be one long after he leaves.  I do agree about his style thou and I dont like it.  Why I never watch his press conferances normally but I had to take a listen on this one.  I'll just go back to not watching/listening to em.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : There is a huge difference between saying there was a fist fight and he was nto a problem at all.  I didnt say he had to get specific.  If the guy was a problem then say he was a problem and we traded him and are moving on. If the guy was not a problem then this is the dumbest move ever.  Even if you are not going to resgin him, having him play this year to me is better then the 3rd round pick.
    Posted by Patsman2

ok i was harsh in my last post. my bad. i just get touchy when fans complain about how bill treats the media bc it is last thing we should care about.

It does not matter what anyone says. We saw with our own eyes on monday night football what happened. We saw moss pouting and alone. While the rest of the team was celebrating. Right there, it was OVER for moss as a Patriot.

words mean nothing. its about what we saw. And what we saw was a disgrace to us fans of Randy Moss and the Patriots. 

No doubt he was traded due to misconduct. Moss forced the trade and thats that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

So BB gets up and has a press conference and says Moss was NEVER a discipline problem and there were NO incidents.  Umm, so why did you trade him them?  Out of the goodness of your heart because Randy wanted out?  If so, tell poor Mankins that sitting in limbo. I wish for once you could get alittle honesty out of him and jusy say, the guy was becoming a problem and we shipped his butt to Minnesota.  Next question?
    Posted by Patsman2

Jetsman2, you might want to get a clue.....

Mankins is a free agent....he had a fair offer and didn't take it, how is that the Pats fault?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : There is a huge difference between saying there was a fist fight and he was nto a problem at all.  I didnt say he had to get specific.  If the guy was a problem then say he was a problem and we traded him and are moving on. If the guy was not a problem then this is the dumbest move ever.  Even if you are not going to resgin him, having him play this year to me is better then the 3rd round pick.
    Posted by Patsman2

Jetsman2,
    So you want him to trade Moss and kick him while he is walking out of town?  Is that poor business practice?  You really need some PR lessons.

I never know that dealing with children other than my own was going to be so difficult....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : Sorry MVP, I was a Pats fan long before BB got here, and I will be one long after he leaves.  I do agree about his style thou and I dont like it.  Why I never watch his press conferances normally but I had to take a listen on this one.  I'll just go back to not watching/listening to em.
    Posted by Patsman2

What a shame that BB doesn't entertain you with a more outgoing comic style! After all isn't that the main job of coaches?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Posted by Patsman2

So him taking the high road, choosing to look at the good, and not be unprofessional leaves you with this conclusion?

Did you expect him to get up there and say this:

1. Brady lost faith in him.
    2. He was a distraction.
    3. He embarrassed the Krafts on multiple occasions.
    4. He tried to control gameplans and we realized we want to not go deep on every other play.
    5. He wanted 10 milliion per year before a possible CBA  Lockout.

You sound like Dan Shaugnessy. Playing the dummy role to be a jerk.

Anyone expecting more from BB is either new to the team or has an agenda against BB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Without allowing personalities to enter into the discussion, expecting BB to vilify Randy is unrealistic.  BB never has and never will reveal to the public the thought processes behind the personnel moves that he makes.  He plays his cards close to his vest and that is his style.  One may not like it but I think we'd be hard pressed to dislike the totality of his results.  Robert Kraft is by far the best owner this team has ever had and BB is by far the best coach this team has ever had.  And I've been a Pats fan since the franchise played its first game in 1960.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

So many clueless pink hats coming out of the wood work....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Is there a way to ban pink hats?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Belichick was grateful for what Moss had done here in New England that he wanted to make sure Moss didn't get shafted next season? He's done it before? Yes, he sent Vrabel to KC when he knew Vrabel was done. Instead of cutting him, he sent him to a team that would keep him on the roster and allow him to finish his career. 

Moss wanted a new contract, BB wasn't going to give it to him, he protected Moss. This was a thank you and goodbye deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Belichick was grateful for what Moss had done here in New England that he wanted to make sure Moss didn't get shafted next season? He's done it before? Yes, he sent Vrabel to KC when he knew Vrabel was done. Instead of cutting him, he sent him to a team that would keep him on the roster and allow him to finish his career.  Moss wanted a new contract, BB wasn't going to give it to him, he protected Moss. This was a thank you and goodbye deal. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Is that why he sat on the bench by himself and why Brady didn't throw to him? Or why he chose to miss his block to Welker could get laid out? Or drop a gimmie in the end zone? This guy is allen iverson in football gear its all about him his own rules his own agenda and now the cancer is removed deal with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : So him taking the high road, choosing to look at the good, and not be unprofessional leaves you with this conclusion? Did you expect him to get up there and say this: 1. Brady lost faith in him. 2. He was a distraction. 3. He embarrassed the Krafts on multiple occasions. 4. He tried to control gameplans and we realized we want to not go deep on every other play. 5. He wanted 10 milliion per year before a possible CBA  Lockout. You sound like Dan Shaugnessy. Playing the dummy role to be a jerk. Anyone expecting more from BB is either new to the team or has an agenda against BB.
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns

LOL yes we have an agenda against BB because we want him to be honest.  The horror.  

Keep kissing his butt you blind faith homer.  OH the terrible media and fans had the gall to ask BB why he traded a player.  What nerve!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Belichick was grateful for what Moss had done here in New England that he wanted to make sure Moss didn't get shafted next season? He's done it before? Yes, he sent Vrabel to KC when he knew Vrabel was done. Instead of cutting him, he sent him to a team that would keep him on the roster and allow him to finish his career.  Moss wanted a new contract, BB wasn't going to give it to him, he protected Moss. This was a thank you and goodbye deal. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

If thats the case then why have the press conference at all.  This is a direct quote from BB at the start,  "I called this press conferance to SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE MOSS TRADE"

So dont say your going to shed some light and then when asked why you traded him say, your not going to answer that question. 

Plus you just described what you believed happened.  If that is what happened why didnt he just say that? Instead he says, the answer to that question would take longer then the time we have.  HUH??? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Is there a way to ban pink hats?
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns

Is there a way to ban homer's with there heads up BB's butt so far they tickle his nose hairs? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Re: BB just confrimed Moss trade was the dumbest move ever : Is there a way to ban homer's with there heads up BB's butt so far they tickle his nose hairs? 
    Posted by Patsman2

Maybe you or moss should run the team i mean really it's not like BB has done anything special with this team yet and you seem to know how to run everything right.

Sections
Shortcuts