BB: Just drafting "a" WR is not enough....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

BB: Just drafting "a" WR is not enough....

Pats need to trade up and draft a WR we "NEED" for our HOF QB

I dont know how you feel but I am tired seeing HOF Brady thowing to a bunch of possession average joes..

Lets go get the tall playmaker Justin Hunter or the next top playmaker

FYI: T.O would and is better option than Brandon "Weird no YAC" Lloyd

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: BB: Just drafting

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

I dont know how you feel but I am tired seeing HOF Brady thowing to a bunch of possession average joes..

Hunter you most likely won't have to trade up for. He's still coming of a major knee injury in 11' and has a rep for stone hands. He also isn't the most polished route runner more of a straight line WR. Still one of the top 5 WRs in the draft and has amazing talent but shouldn't need to trade up for him. Either him or Hopkins should be available at #29 if you are looking for one of the top WRs in the draft otherwise you might have to trade up to a top 15 pick for a shot at Patterson or Austin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They will draft a WR which one is anyone's guess. As for TO I have no problem inviting him to camp if for non other reason but to see if he can handle the physical nature of the game at 40 and see if he can win a job,caveat he would have to be off the charts good for him to win a job with the Patriots.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I not tired or frustrated with Brady throwing to a bunch of average to below average WR's.  After so many seasons I have just learned to accept it.

Yeah, we should really revert back to the early 2000s when we won Super Bowls where we had such studs at WR like Branch, Brown, Givens, Johnson, etc.

Also, Hernandez, Gronk, Moss and Welker have all been terrible targets for Brady.  It's a wonder how he puts up Hall of Fame type numbers every year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maybe if Brady gets talented receivers he can throw for 6,000 yards and 60 tds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope we draft all D.  2 DT's and a DE in the first 3 rounds.  I'd like to go back to the days that it was ok if Brady scored 17.  This is the draft that will replace big Vince one day.  The guys are there and we could be perpetual playoff contenders.  When Brady finally does hang them up the D is going to have to take the team on its back.  Set it up now.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I hope we draft all D.  2 DT's and a DE in the first 3 rounds.  I'd like to go back to the days that it was ok if Brady scored 17.  This is the draft that will replace big Vince one day.  The guys are there and we could be perpetual playoff contenders.  When Brady finally does hang them up the D is going to have to take the team on its back.  Set it up now.  

^this.....the obsession with WR position goes on and on and on...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I hope we draft more defensive players. We've seen Brady throw 50 touchdowns and for 5,000 yards but no Super Bowl . A dominant defense with Brady playing quarterback and BB coaching will win the Super Bowl, not fantasy stats against bad teams. 

I like the idea of trading up though. The Patriots don't need a bunch more picks that won't make the team. They are talented and only a playmaker or two away from being dominant. Rather see them get an A player than 2 C's and a D .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Move up and draft more d

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Yes , I agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Yep. Next year's DTs are not going to be as big. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Oh, thank you guys.

Finally, some people with some sense. 

Yes, draft defense.

I'd love to see a D out there that other teams will fear and respect.  Keep building the Defense for now and the future. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I not tired or frustrated with Brady throwing to a bunch of average to below average WR's.  After so many seasons I have just learned to accept it.

Yeah, we should really revert back to the early 2000s when we won Super Bowls where we had such studs at WR like Branch, Brown, Givens, Johnson, etc.

Also, Hernandez, Gronk, Moss and Welker have all been terrible targets for Brady.  It's a wonder how he puts up Hall of Fame type numbers every year. 

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

and you had vinitieri too

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and you had vinitieri too

What's your point, troll?  This is exactly why everybody thinks you're a piece of crap.  Coming into threads and making outlandish comments just to divert the discussion.  We are talking about Brady's targets.  Go away.

my other post didnt post for some reason...i said those teams had a much better defense...and vinitieri

that was my reply to ur OP...nothing more...come on lets call a truce here

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Draft all D except get one fast receiver with good hands.  I'd be happy with a healthy Stallworth, never mind a healthy Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Edleman etc except by late season and playoffs odds are not good based on past seasons.

Other than that pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB drafts strategically.

When he drafted Gronk, he was looking for a player who could block like crazy, run pretty fast and outleap anybody, a huge target who could hip-check a linebacker five yards off the ball.  Gronk's negative was his back injury.  So far his back hasn't been too bad. 

Hernandez's negative was his two bad drug tests for pot.  That doesn't seem to have affected his play.  It turned out that he's mondo elusive in the open field for a big lug, and also he boxes any defender out from getting the pass. 

BB drafted the big fat guys; can they catch passes and how.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some huge slow galoot drafted.  BB also knows the value of little Wes Welker, little Danny Woodhead, Julian Edelman, little Danny Amendola and Emmanuel Sanders, all explosive guys that can hide and make defenders miss. 

BB (and the scouts) seem to know less than me about drafting normal-sized speedballs.   If I could hazard a guess, they have had to fire a few scouts, and even now they won't want to roll those bad dice once more if they don't have to.  Maybe they've already retooled their scouting program or maybe they'll be shy, or both.

BB will scour the bottom of the free agent market all day looking for experienced wide receivers, as opposed to benchwarming rookies.  Gaffney was the third or fourth in a parade of wideouts brought in one week and kicked out the next week. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Same here. We need a game breaker