BB literally putting on a clinic.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BB literally putting on a clinic.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/05/buccaneers_schi_1.html

This is a really interesting piece on Extra Points. It's quite a gesture by BB to Schiano. It also gives draftniks and fans a window into BBs connection with Rutgers, and how much stock he puts into trusted opinions from coaches. 

Still, it is amazing that in what is still a business that coaches would help each other like this out of cameraderie. It's also a testament to BB's professionalism that other coaches would come seek his guidance with these "front office" and "coaches office" logistics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: BB literally putting on a clinic.

In response to zbellino's comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/05/buccaneers_schi_1.html

This is a really interesting piece on Extra Points. It's quite a gesture by BB to Schiano. It also gives draftniks and fans a window into BBs connection with Rutgers, and how much stock he puts into trusted opinions from coaches. 

Still, it is amazing that in what is still a business that coaches would help each other like this out of cameraderie. It's also a testament to BB's professionalism that other coaches would come seek his guidance with these "front office" and "coaches office" logistics.

and it doesn't hurt having a potential trade partner with someone in a different conference

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB certainly is the best there is regarding how to be a great HC. His penchant for relying on buddies too heavily in making draft decisions as a GM has probably been at the core of his flaws in that regard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BB certainly is the best there is regarding how to be a great HC. His penchant for relying on buddies too heavily in making draft decisions as a GM has probably been at the core of his flaws in that regard.

OK. This isn't a thread about BB as a GM vs HC. 

It's about having other teams visit to study your interal operations.

It's classy and generous .... would people here prefer they didn't though? Any little bit helps, and even though they are waay down in the dungeon called Tampa, at the end of the day Schiano is still a competitor. 

Or does it not matter, guiding teams with day to day operations?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's classy and generous .... would people here prefer they didn't though? Any little bit helps, and even though they are waay down in the dungeon called Tampa, at the end of the day Schiano is still a competitor. 

I think BB is a great guy. He's just the kind of weirdo I would like while others detested him. He treasures loyalty, and so do I. He wouldn't do this for just anybody. I think BB would give the shirt off his back for a friend.

Not trying to turn your thread into a controversy. I just felt the need to point out that he relies on the friendships perhaps too much for some decisions he makes. After all, you mentioned the subject in your OP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think BB is a great guy. He's just the kind of weirdo I would like while others detested him. He treasures loyalty, and so do I. He wouldn't do this for just anybody. I think BB would give the shirt off his back for a friend.

Not trying to turn your thread into a controversy. I just felt the need to point out that he relies on the friendships perhaps too much for some decisions he makes. After all, you mentioned the subject in your OP.

Ok. So you think it's a bad idea to allow visiting staffs to view your scheduling/work procedures?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ok. So you think it's a bad idea to allow visiting staffs to view your scheduling/work procedures?

No. No problem with that. If he wants to help a friend in this manner that's ok. Theoretically it could come back to bite him I suppose. I was simply stating it is probably a bad idea to put too much emphasis on the recommendations of friends as to who he should select on draft day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

He will look to slide his agenda in at every turn.

ZB should love this. He enjoys irony.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I think BB is a great guy. He's just the kind of weirdo I would like while others detested him.

[/QUOTE]

"Hey guys, welcome to Foxboro!"

Goofy

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh please. You tried to derail.

And, the fact is, this is another example of BB being a trailblazer, which bothers you compeltely.

I was asking this just yesterday in terms of asking if any coach has ever done this. Answer?

NOPE.

Hence, why this is being reported.

When they read off his resume in Canton 15 years from now, it's going to take 45 minutes, if not longer.

That's how great BB is. As if it's a problem that he has great relationships all over the league?

I also like how he's friendly with bad GMs like the doofus in Minny or previously, Jerry Angleo (Ted Washington and Colvin).

I can go and on and on and on.  Having Dimitrioff down in Atlanta is a bonus, Reid in KC (yes, an AFC team now), Lombardi in Cleveland (AFC), etc, are all bonuses for OUR TEAM, not negatives.

Your premise is troll city.

next thing is you'll tune into Tony Mazz on Monday at 2PM and Mazz will frame this is "BB having a big ego and wants it to be about him".

Agenda.

Leave it at the door.

It's over. You lost. No one is buying your agenda anymore, Babe. Your worst nightmare is for us to win a SB, Brady throws just 1 or 2 TDs, and our run game and D look fantastic in a 28-14 kind of a win.

Worst nightmare for you, but a dream for the rest of us.

Leave the board.

I don't think ZB wants yet another thread turned into this. So I really have nothing to say to you here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

I think BB is a great guy. He's just the kind of weirdo I would like while others detested him.

"Hey guys, welcome to Foxboro!"

Goofy

[/QUOTE]

Ha. I forgot Goofy existed. At any rate, I've been fortunate enough to meet some pretty brilliant folks around the globe and at work. They are all a little eccentric... or they are alcholics. Lot's of them are alcoholics too, lol.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Too late. You initiated another attempted derailment for all to see, so you aren't fooling anyone with your faux take the high road response above, diapers.

My respect for ZB overshadows the great loathing I have for you, so I'm not biting to turn his thread into the same garbage you turn everything else into.

ZB said "a window into BBs connection with Rutgers, and how much stock he puts into trusted opinions from coaches. "

I commented on that and he informed me that wasn't the focus of his thread so I abstained from further discussion of the matter.

So, ESAD troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

way to hijack another thread babe, thats your specialty!

anyways, good post and a good read ZB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it,is a generous gesture. I think as some people get,older, possibly toward the tail nd of their careers, they reflect more, and think about friends and legacies . This is another notch in bb's belt, one that signals the great respect he has for the game and his friendships. 

It also doesn't hurt keeping a close friend close just in case you may want to work out a trade for say mallet or someone else...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

way to hijack another thread babe, thats your specialty!

anyways, good post and a good read ZB

Not biting on your trolling Rusty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He will look to slide his agenda in at every turn."

Which is probably the thing that binds the two of you (Rusty and Babe) so closely and drives the rest of us nuts. 

The only reason you didn't have to "slide" your agenda in is because your agenda is already furthered by ZBellino's post. No offense to ZBellino who is one of our all-time best posters and was just sharing useful info.

Of course the problem with agendas is that you only intake new information that confirms your agenda. Making the idea of discussion a fraud. Welcome to propoganda posing as discussion. I've got both of your agendas memorized by now. I could actually take over for either of your handles if you decide to leave...

You sidetracked this thread as much as Babe did in the end, congrats. 

As for BB, this is the kind of stuff that continues to set him apart as a coach and I love that he feels no need to get credit publicly for the things he does...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"He will look to slide his agenda in at every turn."

Which is probably the thing that binds the two of you (Rusty and Babe) so closely and drives the rest of us nuts. 

The only reason you didn't have to "slide" your agenda in is because your agenda is already furthered by ZBellino's post. No offense to ZBellino who is one of our all-time best posters and was just sharing useful info.

Of course the problem with agendas is that you only intake new information that confirms your agenda. Making the idea of discussion a fraud. Welcome to propoganda posing as discussion. I've got both of your agendas memorized by now. I could actually take over for either of your handles if you decide to leave...

You sidetracked this thread as much as Babe did in the end, congrats. 

As for BB, this is the kind of stuff that continues to set him apart as a coach and I love that he feels no need to get credit publicly for the things he does...

Pffft. Don't lump me in with this wacko. If you cannot see the difference then you no longer are deserving of the respect I held for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Really, you people deserve this nutjob and his fake accounts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In an era of free agency and salary caps, the only enduring competitive advantage for a team is its management and its learning curve. Bill is brilliant at both. He has a strategic vision and stays true to it but he also has the ability to create processes and structure that allow him to step-and-repeat his way to consistent success while the world around him changes and evolves. You have to be a student of leadership to truly appreciate what he has built. I would also like to add that if you have a system that you are WAY down the learning curve on, it is smart to prosletyze it across the industry. The higher its adoption rate, the greater your chances of building your cycles of learning advantage. I am not saying that this is why BB is opening his inner sanctum to the Bucs, but it does not hurt him or the Patriots. This guy is very special leader and we as fans, and the Krafts as stockholders, are very fortunate to have him guiding the Patriots.

Nice post, ZB!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In an era of free agency and salary caps, the only enduring competitive advantage for a team is its management and its learning curve. Bill is brilliant at both. He has a strategic vision and stays true to it but he also has the ability to create processes and structure that allow him to step-and-repeat his way to consistent success while the world around him changes and evolves. You have to be a student of leadership to truly appreciate what he has built. I would also like to add that if you have a system that you are WAY down the learning curve on, it is smart to prosletyze it across the industry. The higher its adoption rate, the greater your chances of building your cycles of learning advantage. I am not saying that this is why BB is opening his inner sanctum to the Bucs, but it does not hurt him or the Patriots. This guy is very special leader and we as fans, and the Krafts as stockholders, are very fortunate to have him guiding the Patriots.

Nice post, ZB!

Thanks man. Welcome to the forum, haven't seen you here before. That is as good a post as I've seen on the topic.

"I would also like to add that if you have a system that you are WAY down the learning curve on, it is smart to prosletyze it across the industry. The higher its adoption rate, the greater your chances of building your cycles of learning advantage."

You are kind of skirting what was maybe the underdeveloped part of my post too. It's interesting to here football team operations discussed as a "business" or a "faculty". I'm not talking about the dollars and cents aspect (which is discussed ad nauseum). But I am discussing the kind of day to day planning and managment (time, support personell, etc) is interesting to me. I'm sure BB and Ernie Adams have a model for this too.  

But, re., your point, it's interesting when you think about traditional intellectual property ideas that form different business models. The debate is almost like open source vs proprietary design, to bring it into another realm by way of analogy.

IF the first goal is establishing a repeatable step-by-step process, the second would be securing that process, or inuring it against change by seeing to its modularity across an inudstry. That can be accomplished by having other people adopt its fundamental aspects.

Moreover, I realize you are applying this to managment models (we've done this at one of the universities I've worked at, essentially farming and exporting our composition program mangagement model) and increasing adoption of your model ensures a kind of reproduction of the conditions of production.

The long and short of it: you are outsourcing (for free) some small component of professional development and training? Second, you are establishing your superiority in general experience level and innovation experience in what will be an industry standard, thereby giving yourself an advantage in any personell swap within the "network" using your model. 

I take it that the advantage might be seen by being able to staff yourself in the future with already indoctrinated or otherwise prepared professionals, if that is what you are sort of hinting at. You are right, we can't tell for sure that is why they do it, but it makes more sense than simple camaraderie and charity in what (as I openly question) is still a business.

Rock solid.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I would also like to add that if you have a system that you are WAY down the learning curve on, it is smart to prosletyze it across the industry.  The higher its adoption rate, the greater your chances of building your cycles of learning advantage.

Please explain why this could be so in this case.

Sections
Shortcuts