BB Loves Justin Francis

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: BB Loves Justin Francis

I loved him in preseason, he made plays for us and he looked good. It's obvious that we're not signing Cunningham to an extention because this guy is as suitable as he is and he's cheaper. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No, its unpopular to use terms like "ascending D" when they just had their worse performance of the year...  smh  Maybe we WERE ascending for a bit there but that game was a setback giving up those points to a pedestrian offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

No, its unpopular to use terms like "ascending D" when they just had their worse performance of the year...  smh  Maybe we WERE ascending for a bit there but that game was a setback giving up those points to a pedestrian offense.

I don't suppose our offense turning it over four times on our side of the field had anything to do with all those points getting scored did it?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I don't suppose our offense turning it over four times on our side of the field had anything to do with all those points getting scored did it?

I actually agree with Wozzy and Rusty here.  While the D had its lapses (the worst after Dennard was hurt), I thought they generally played well and the offense put them in some tough spots.

The real issue last week was the O line was overmatched by the SF defensive front.  It's a great defensive front, so it's not time to panic, but we do have to figure out how we handle teams with fronts like San Fran's or the Giants'.  It's been an issue for a while on offense.

Skill players also have to catch and/or hold on to the ball as well . . .

Oh and it must be Christmas or something, because I agree with Rusty about Francis too.  Really like what I've seen from him so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Justin has looked good and made the most out of his limited opportunities.  Good for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Good read, thanks for the article. Like tcal said he's looked good when he's out there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yep. thanks for posting this.  I will say that Francis has shown a very quick burst off the snap in recent weeks.  He is starting to really make a name for himself out there.  Great to see!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yup good article and another diamond in the rough (hopefully) for BB! I know the few times I have seen him in the game he looks like he has a nonstop motor!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How is the 8th ranked offense in the NFL "pedestrian"? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

They were 14th... until they played the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

The difference between 14th and 8th is 2 points...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

And the difference between what they average and what they scored on the Patriots is 16 points. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

And the difference between what they average and what they scored on the Patriots is 16 points. 

Yeah, well, when an offense turns the ball over 5 times on their own side of the field you usually get a lot more chanes to score. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, well, when an offense turns the ball over 5 times on their own side of the field you usually get a lot more chanes to score. 

Regardless, they are not required to let the 49ers have a TD when they are on the Patriots side of the field.  Since the comment was simply that it's hard to say they are an ascending defense based on that performance against a mediocre (compared to other teams) offense I would agree.  I'm not going to look back at this game and say "wow, what a great defensive performance." I wouldn't say it about the offense either.

Theresore I'm not going to describe the defense as ascending just yet.  I'd like to think they are but I can't say for sure.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah it's terrible that we turned it over like that (even though San FRan did the same thing). The truth is you could of gave San Fran the ball on rt. 495 and they still would of driven the yardage necessary to score on our defense. It was a set back and hopefully that will be the end of it - if not we won't win one single important game in the playoffs playing like that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really don't know what to think of this guy, I hope we found something with him, but I really haven't seen all that much of him. I've seen him look really kind of low and explosive on some plays and then I've seen him get totally held up on others. It will be fun to watch it unfold. His size is kind of off for his spot though, isn't it? I'd have to google it, but isn't he like just a shade over six feet? He does look like he's got some weight on him and he looks like he can run...hope he becomes what Adalius Thomas was supposed to be.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Nice article.  Thou he was praising Cunningham earlier in the year too and we all know what happened next.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Nice article.  Thou he was praising Cunningham earlier in the year too and we all know what happened next.....

I think what you have to do is just go by what your eyes see and with Francis he's shown flashes. Bill has praised just about all these guys one time or another and much of what he says is true. The positional flexibilty stuff...the hard worker, much improved, studies a lot, has gotten stronger and faster...much better player than when he got here, stuff. A lot of these guys he's talking about really weren't very good when they got here - and they end up developing into something very average. Look at Kyle Love, that guy is the definition of average, yet Bill's remarks regarding Francis mirror what he said about Love this time last year. I bet he'd say the same thing for Tavon Wilson right now even though the kid is planted on the bench. I hope Francis develops into something very good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Francis has a ways to go.. but of course he does, he is young and this team requires you to turn thinking into reflex. That takes time... I do like his chances... and he already does add to the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Nice article and I love his attitude!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is Cunningham back yet, by the way?  If so, has Francis taken his spot on the depth chart?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Is Cunningham back yet, by the way?  If so, has Francis taken his spot on the depth chart?

No, not until next week. 

Sections
Shortcuts