BB made the right call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

BB made the right call

With 2 minutes left, the Colts would have needed to drive 70 yards. They would have had timeouts and 4 full downs on each 1st down. It was a terrible situation for the Pats to be in.

BB makes the tough calls. I respect him for that. He knew the choices were ugly and he put it out there. It wasnt necessarily lack of confidence in defense, or overly optimistic in offense. It was the right call. A call nobody wants to make. BB is the best coach in football, one of the best of all time, and an idol of mine, since he isnt a wuss. He makes the tough choice.

Thank you BB. My confidence in your leadership has never been higher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: BB made the right call

" IN BB I STILL TRUST "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

I didn't mind the call. If they had made it...game over. They had practiced that play hundreds of time just for that situation. Sometimes you have to try the unexpected. If they hadn't made it...I think Manning would have driven them down for a score anyway. The defense was gassed and especially so because in game injuries depleted their depth. What I was pissed about was their mismanaging of their timeouts. Because they pissed away two timeouts unnecessarily at the end...they were left with none and therefore couldn't challenge that spot on the 4Th and 1.5 play. I think if they had challenged it...it might have been overturned. It was a home town spot. I think he secured the ball after juggling it over the first down area.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

I thought the call was excellent.  Playing the percentages it was the right call.  He had over a 50 percent chance to make two yards and an open field.  I might have looked for Welker more often in the final quarter.  They had no answer for him and I am not sure why we went away from the WR screen short pass.  I don't believe he dropped a ball or one incompletion went his way. 

In Response to Re: BB made the right call:
    [QUOTE]I didn't mind the call. If they had made it...game over. They had practiced that play hundreds of time just for that situation. Sometimes you have to try the unexpected. If they hadn't made it...I think Manning would have driven them down for a score anyway. The defense was gassed and especially so because in game injuries depleted their depth. What I was pissed about was their mismanaging of their timeouts. Because they pissed away two timeouts unnecessarily at the end...they were left with none and therefore couldn't challenge that spot on the 4Th and 1.5 play. I think if they had challenged it...it might have been overturned. It was a home town spot. I think he secured the ball after juggling it over the first down area.
    Posted by BBRules[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

i dont mind the call at all. I think it was ballsy and sportscenter is all about BB is a genious if they make it. But it still leaves a bad taste in your mouth when the gamble fails. Not to mention having to stay up late for that and then come early to work!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

as far as im concerned that was the right call...if you cant get 2 yards you dont deserve to win.....

Sections
Shortcuts