BB Made The Right Move

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: BB Made The Right Move

Why did BB let Edelman almost sign with NYG for $1M?

Why did BB not sign Edelman for 3/$10, rather than 5/$25?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This (at least the NYG part). But don't expect Doug to acknowledge it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. He didn't. I already explained this to you, but you are too stupid to get it:  BB knew he had the leverage because Edelman was in a walking boot.

2. He allowed him to be a FA out of respect to Edelman as it was his first time hitting FA.

Nothing more, nothing less. You're just jealous I nailed the idea Edelman wasn't going anywhere and how great of a replacement he was for Welker, also predicted when it was unpopular around here to do so.

BLUDGEONED

[/QUOTE]

That respect cost $25m

bad move by BB. Should have signed him to 3/$10 when he had the chance, not 1/$900k

you can say it. You wont melt. BB made a mistake

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. He didn't. I already explained this to you, but you are too stupid to get it:  BB knew he had the leverage because Edelman was in a walking boot.

2. He allowed him to be a FA out of respect to Edelman as it was his first time hitting FA.

Nothing more, nothing less. You're just jealous I nailed the idea Edelman wasn't going anywhere and how great of a replacement he was for Welker, also predicted when it was unpopular around here to do so.

BLUDGEONED

[/QUOTE]

That respect cost $25m

bad move by BB. Should have signed him to 3/$10 when he had the chance, not 1/$900k

you can say it. You wont melt. BB made a mistake

[/QUOTE]

You're a disingenuous fraud to the nth degree.  If BB had re-upped Edelman prior to the 2013 season, you would have been the first one in here complaining.

Edelman is worth every penny, PERIOD.  He's certainly worth as much as Welker's 8 million in 2014 in Denver, don't you think?

You're a fraud.  Don't look now but the stuff you're being called out on by Muzz, BostonSportsFan111 and others is happening right now.

You just adjust your argument to hang onto a way to bash BB.

You have severe, severe mental illness. You're a season ticket holder, but you're in here bashing BB because he somehow could have gotten Edelman for some concocted numbers your just arbitrarily make up in your head, as if his deal somehow handicaps what BB is doing as GM???

Did you just see who BB brought in here in FA?  Revis, Browner, Smith and Anderson. All pretty good at their respective crafts. He also had Kelly and Vince take cuts outright. 

This is a problem for you or is it that you have a personal vendetta against BB and just cannot stand how incredible he is as a GM, with you knowing that truth, deep down?

This team is loaded. LOADED.  Thanks to BB's brilliance off the lockout. And guess what?  This team is so well structured, vets like Revis, Browner, and good players at age 29 or 30 just like that will be available and banging down the door to come here next year, while your buddy Elway Horseteeth will be standing over in the corner with a thin roster and holes all over the place, wondering what he did wrong.

THROTTLED

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wouldnt have. I loved Edelman, especially at 3/$10.

Edelman and Amendola salaries replacing wes at $8m has Pats over cap next year at this moment

lets wait til the texts leaked and see whats what

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Where are you getting 5/25 on Edelman?  It's 4/17 with cap hits of 2.75, 4.25, 4.75 and 5.25. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Forget Welker, compare Edelman at 4/17 and modest cap hits to Emmanuel Sanders with Denver at 3/15 with cap hits 4, 5 and 6. I'd much rather have JE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh Gawd!!

LMAO!!

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Brady makes every tiny slot receiver look good. Edelman isn't all that special.  Brady is. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Cept JE wasn't there to replace WW, SCamandola was.

Kraft said as much.

JE was allowed to test FA and was signed as a back up because that's what he was.  Welkers and then Amandolas, back-up.

Since he has managed to stay healthy for a year and had proven to be more valuable, he was paid as such.

Good for him.  I like JE. He's all heart.

But to sit there and claim he was WW's replacement is ludicrous.  They guy they gave 30M to, was.

There is no disputing that.

Not only that, the article you posted CLEARLY states WW's decline AFTER CONCUSSION.  Concussions can affect you for a long time especially multiple ones.

Prior to that, he was in line to do what he's always done despite not being the only guy PM had to throw to.

PM's just been fortunate that way.

And furthermore, bd did not choose to get rid of WW.  He was given a fair value offer by both teams and WW chose to get rid of him.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where are you getting 5/25 on Edelman?  It's 4/17 with cap hits of 2.75, 4.25, 4.75 and 5.25. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. I mistakenly thought it read $6.3 for 2018

I will amend my comment to preferring JE at 3/$10 rather than 4/$17 on top of Amendolas deal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Brady makes every tiny slot receiver look good. Edelman isn't all that special.  Brady is. 

I'll go ahead and disagree with you on this one. 

I think Edelman has developed into quite the player, and to label him a slot-receiver isn't doing him justice. He played rather extensively on the outside last season and thrived. 

He has the quickness, change of direction, and knack for getting open that Welker did, but he has a bigger frame and a better pair of hands to boot. 

Is he quite as good in the slot as Welker? No, I think Welker in his prime was arguably the best slot receiver to ever play the game. But he was exactly that -- a slot receiver. Nothing more. Edelman is a heckuva lot more versatile and athletic, and he doesn't have a knack for dropping the ball, something Welker struggled with, especially during his latter years here. 

Brady did a lot for Welker and Edelman, but I wouldn't sell either one short. They are both fantastic players in their own right, and as I said, I'd give Edelman the edge as the better overall player. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

On other threads Rusty hammers folks for rushing to judgement against BB but he has no problem rushing to judgement in favor of BB. 

If I had to decide today, I'd say it was the wrong move - primarily because Welker ended up being a key reason you lost the AFC championship game (taking out your best defensive player) and costing you a trip to the Super Bowl. 

If, in the next couple of seasons, the Broncos win a Super Bowl and the Pats don't, and Welker plays a fairly active role, than BB was wrong. Doesn't matter if Edelman/Amendola compile somewhat better stats. All about the rings. 

On the other hand, if the Pats win a ring and the Broncos don't, and Edelman/Amendola play an active role, BB will be vindicated. Especially if it's Amendola doing the heavy lifting, as most of us agree he was the main Welker replacement. 

So, no rush to judgement on this one. Verdict can't be issued yet. Right now, looks like BB made the wrong move but this could flip to the opposite.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Brady did a lot for Welker and Edelman, but I wouldn't sell either one short. They are both fantastic players in their own right, and as I said, I'd give Edelman the edge as the better overall player. "

Sure, if you pretend that durability isn't an issue. Welker has been by far the  more durable player. That counts. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Amendola was brought in to play receiver after Welker left. They're similar players, not carbon copies. Edelman became the go-to receiver. Sometimes you change plans, you adjust, you go with what's working. People act as if this is a negative. Who cares who catches the passes?

Damon Huard was once brought in to be the primary backup to Drew Bledsoe. Sometimes you change plans...

Bottom line: With Welker in 2012, Pats wide receivers had 230 receptions for 2,708 yards and 14 TDs, and last year they caught 243 passes for 2,858 yards and 16 TDs.  So, I ask again, who cares what their names were or who got paid the most. They'll be better this year.

What if Josh Boyce catches 100 balls and Edelman struggles? But they win another 12 games. Will you rip BB because Edelman makes more money?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Never pay for what a player did. Pay on the way up, not the way down.  BB usually nails this.

Sure glad Wilfork is on his way up and not down, otherwise BB wouldn't have paid him this season or the season after this or the season after that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola was brought in to play receiver after Welker left. They're similar players, not carbon copies. Edelman became the go-to receiver. Sometimes you change plans, you adjust, you go with what's working. People act as if this is a negative. Who cares who catches the passes?

Damon Huard was once brought in to be the primary backup to Drew Bledsoe. Sometimes you change plans...

Bottom line: With Welker in 2012, Pats wide receivers had 230 receptions for 2,708 yards and 14 TDs, and last year they caught 243 passes for 2,858 yards and 16 TDs.  So, I ask again, who cares what their names were or who got paid the most. They'll be better this year.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not get carried away now, you had basically 2 WR's in 2012 (Welker and Lloyd) and 4 in 2013 (Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Dobson). 

Sections
Shortcuts