BB Made The Right Move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: BB Made The Right Move

I would tap the brakes just a little bit on Edelman...good season? Oh yes, he did great, but everyone knows what this kid does every year - get injured - I wouldn't go bragging about him yet. As for Welker the Broncos will most likely get two good years of production out of him - which is what they paid for - after that he will walk and they will sign someone better and younger. You can bet if we did that rusty would set off 10k worth of fireworks, instead he's praising us for signing two slot receivers for roughly 12 million next year...both of which are almost guaranteed to get injured. Yay!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

When BB turned to Edelman and promoted the younger player with a very similar skill set to that of Welker (and better overall value under the cap), and also doubled down with Amendola getting 2 for 1, he did so knowing Welker was fading.

Now, it's become obvious as Welker player out his last year in Denver and likely his career:

Wes Welker

His days as a 1,000-yard receiver could be over -- much less his days leading the league in receptions. Welker wasn't the same player last season after suffering a concussion in Week 11. (And then again a month later.) He topped 40 yards only three times in his last eight games. Welker has always played with a fearless style that leads to monster hits. Broncos fans can't help but hold their breath every time Welker goes over the middle.

Welker will remain an important part of the Broncos offense, but Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas are more vital. Emmanuel Sanders will take up some of Welker's targets as well. This should be Welker's last season in Denver.

-- Gregg Rosenthal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365350/article/eight-players-primed-to-regress-in-2014" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365350/article/eight-players-primed-to-regress-in-2014

Your an attention diva bro. Grow up. How many times do you need to stand on the soap box and scream for attention? At least write about a topic that doesn't blatantly position yourself as a mental midget. Fool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would tap the brakes just a little bit on Edelman...good season? Oh yes, he did great, but everyone knows what this kid does every year - get injured - I wouldn't go bragging about him yet. As for Welker the Broncos will most likely get two good years of production out of him - which is what they paid for - after that he will walk and they will sign someone better and younger. You can bet if we did that rusty would set off 10k worth of fireworks, instead he's praising us for signing two slot receivers for roughly 12 million next year...both of which are almost guaranteed to get injured. Yay!

So true mthurl. He(Edelman) has not earned one red cent of goodwill towards future performance. Do it for 3 years and let's talk then. Burger boy rustina is such a drama queen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Amendola was brought in to play receiver after Welker left. They're similar players, not carbon copies. Edelman became the go-to receiver. Sometimes you change plans, you adjust, you go with what's working. People act as if this is a negative. Who cares who catches the passes?

Damon Huard was once brought in to be the primary backup to Drew Bledsoe. Sometimes you change plans...

Bottom line: With Welker in 2012, Pats wide receivers had 230 receptions for 2,708 yards and 14 TDs, and last year they caught 243 passes for 2,858 yards and 16 TDs.  So, I ask again, who cares what their names were or who got paid the most. They'll be better this year.

Let's not get carried away now, you had basically 2 WR's in 2012 (Welker and Lloyd) and 4 in 2013 (Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Dobson). 

Yes let's not get carried away - the "additional" 2 WRs were both rookies. Very few WRs are anything like what they will be in their rookie year especially WRs who are not "locks" in their draft year. Check Cobb from GB for example but there are so many examples. There were OTHER WRs on the Pats in 2012. That you choose not to name them because they had so little impact points to the value - even if limited in 2013 - of the rookies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

As regards the back and forth about JE: clearly he is not (as of the end of 2013 season) in the top 10 WR in the league. But clearly he is a good WR with some talent to (1) run good patterns (2) has good hands (3) has good ability after the catch. He is clearly a GOOD player. What his upside is is hard to say for sure. Maybe he is as good as he will get. Even if that is true he is clearly a good receiver. 

Few if anyone at all would call him a real top flight WR. But few would call him less than good - certainly above average. TB WILL and HAS made WRs look even better than they might be otherwise. But he has also suffered (as in 2006) when the talent at WR was sub par. So it is CLEAR that he helps WRs and they help him! No deep insight guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would tap the brakes just a little bit on Edelman...

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why would homers do that, they never have before?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Meanwhile, Chad Johnson is looking like a bust in the CFL just like he was with the Pats.  Can't learn the waggle.  Three catches in three games.  Doing little in his fourth, which I'm watching now.  Mostly on the bench.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Meanwhile, Chad Johnson is looking like a bust in the CFL just like he was with the Pats.  Can't learn the waggle.  Three catches in three games.  Doing little in his fourth, which I'm watching now.  Mostly on the bench.

Pick a team. EVERY team has many examples of the same. Big deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Edelman was good...i'm praying he can have another strong season. If Amendola stays healthy, I like what we have at WR.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Never pay for what a player did. Pay on the way up, not the way down. BB usually nails this."

Yeah Cubby, live the great contract the Genius gave to Arrington....you know that loser who was benched at least 5 times last year.  Time to wash your BB doll it's starting to stick to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Yes let's not get carried away - the "additional" 2 WRs were both rookies. Very few WRs are anything like what they will be in their rookie year especially WRs who are not "locks" in their draft year. Check Cobb from GB for example but there are so many examples. There were OTHER WRs on the Pats in 2012. That you choose not to name them because they had so little impact points to the value - even if limited in 2013 - of the rookies.

Yeah, the other 2 I didn't mention in 2012 were Edelman and Branch, both didn't do hardley anything.  But did you notice I also didn't include Collie or Boyce in 2013 to be fair because they didn't do much either.  So the fact remains.... 2 receivers in 2012, Welker and Lloyd, pretty much did what 4 receivers did in 2013.  Just pointing out that the statement by Muzwell is pretty weak and very slanted. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Sure Edelman is good. Nothing special. Our system and Brady can make average to good players in the slot very productive.

I like Edelman but I also think that BB would've been content in letting JE walk last offseason if he got a bigger offer from NYG that's just my gut feeling. We could never know the real answer because JE never got the offer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Where are you getting 5/25 on Edelman?  It's 4/17 with cap hits of 2.75, 4.25, 4.75 and 5.25. 

Yes, you are correct. I mistakenly thought it read $6.3 for 2018

I will amend my comment to preferring JE at 3/$10 rather than 4/$17 on top of Amendolas deal

Yes, please amend.  Face it, you fraud, you lie constantly here with made up info and numbers all the time and you just think you can get away with it.

You can't.

The jig has been up with you and your agenda for years and the intelligent people here see it.

But whenI misread something or make an error, I admit it and post. You walk away and say nothing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Brady did a lot for Welker and Edelman, but I wouldn't sell either one short. They are both fantastic players in their own right, and as I said, I'd give Edelman the edge as the better overall player. "

Sure, if you pretend that durability isn't an issue. Welker has been by far the  more durable player. That counts. 

Never pay for what a player did. Pay on the way up, not the way down.  BB usually nails this.

Really?

Ocho

Fat Albert

Ellis

TWarren part 2

Colvin

Holt

Amendola

Gonzalez

Springs

Mankins

noneed to continue, as there are over 30 more in just the past5 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Amendola was brought in to play receiver after Welker left. They're similar players, not carbon copies. Edelman became the go-to receiver. Sometimes you change plans, you adjust, you go with what's working. People act as if this is a negative. Who cares who catches the passes?

Damon Huard was once brought in to be the primary backup to Drew Bledsoe. Sometimes you change plans...

Bottom line: With Welker in 2012, Pats wide receivers had 230 receptions for 2,708 yards and 14 TDs, and last year they caught 243 passes for 2,858 yards and 16 TDs.  So, I ask again, who cares what their names were or who got paid the most. They'll be better this year.

What if Josh Boyce catches 100 balls and Edelman struggles? But they win another 12 games. Will you rip BB because Edelman makes more money?

Thanks TB for the above

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Sure Edelman is good. Nothing special. Our system and Brady can make average to good players in the slot very productive.

I like Edelman but I also think that BB would've been content in letting JE walk last offseason if he got a bigger offer from NYG that's just my gut feeling. We could never know the real answer because JE never got the offer.

Joe I don't agree. JE is a beast, and can do so much on the field. Unfortunately it is at the expense of his body

I also disagree that we would not have known if Bb would have let him walk if the Jints offered. The answer is BB signed Amendola and drafted Boyce. 

Thats what I don't get from this OP. It makes it seem like BB was genius for signing JE and not Wes. But BB signed Amendola, and he let JE twist in the wind for well over 1 month. Genius would have been signing JE for 3/$10

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Where are you getting 5/25 on Edelman?  It's 4/17 with cap hits of 2.75, 4.25, 4.75 and 5.25. 

Yes, you are correct. I mistakenly thought it read $6.3 for 2018

I will amend my comment to preferring JE at 3/$10 rather than 4/$17 on top of Amendolas deal

Yes, please amend.  Face it, you fraud, you lie constantly here with made up info and numbers all the time and you just think you can get away with it.

You can't.

The jig has been up with you and your agenda for years and the intelligent people here see it.

But whenI misread something or make an error, I admit it and post. You walk away and say nothing. 

Actually, he digs in deeper, twisting and contorting to try to maintain the fiction that he's never been wrong in his life.   Look at the Brady thing.  He's just absurdly wrong about Brady.  Everyone in the world knows it.  But what does he do?  Post endlessly the same thing so he can make the same mistake over and over for all the world to see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the other 2 I didn't mention in 2012 were Edelman and Branch, both didn't do hardley anything.  But did you notice I also didn't include Collie or Boyce in 2013 to be fair because they didn't do much either.  So the fact remains.... 2 receivers in 2012, Welker and Lloyd, pretty much did what 4 receivers did in 2013.  Just pointing out that the statement by Muzwell is pretty weak and very slanted. 

[/QUOTE]

So, because they had better depth and more balance at the WR position in 2013 makes my "statement" (and I'm not even sure what statement you're referring to?) weak and slanted. Weak how? Slanted to what?  What are you even talking about? Don't answer that. I know you're just trying to find some way to hate and that's the best angle you could come up with. Talk about weak and slanted...

The undeniable fact is they have a better group of wide receivers now than they had in 2012. Even the haters have to admit that. Whether it's two, four or whatever. How is that even relevant? Numbers don't lie.  Thanks BB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Let's not get carried away now, you had basically 2 WR's in 2012 (Welker and Lloyd) and 4 in 2013 (Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Dobson). 

The point, if I understand Muzz correctly, is that what difference does it make since the passing game's production was at least as good.  And I would contend that last year's was the more desirable outcome since the ball was spread around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I continue to think Edelman is overrated by NE fans as a receiver.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good slot receiver.  But I don't see him anywhere near an elite receiver.  Despite having the fourth most receptions in the league for a WR, he was 20th in yards and 27th in yards per game.  He averaged just 10.1 yards per catch.  Those are good slot numbers, but they tend to reinforce the fact that Edelman is one of those guys who needs a good QB who can get the ball to him quickly as soon as he gets separation near the LOS.  Edelman was 50th in plays over 20 yards. He only had 2 receptions that went for over 40 yards and his longest was 66.  The consequence is that Edelman doesn't force opponents' safeties to play back.  In fact, the Broncos were mostly content to single cover Edelman in the playoff game and that allowed them to keep their LBs and safeties home, which killed our run game and limited the effectiveness of the other receivers.  For Edelman to be worth big money, he'd need to be a guy who would regularly demand double teams downfield.  He isn't that guy. 

The way BB has treated him shows his real value.  He was a back-up to Wes.  He was someone BB wanted to sign, but was willing to let walk and wasn't going to overpay.  The reason?  BB knows Edelman is a good slot guy, but not a real impact receiver. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And my last response above was written prior to reading the entire thread - never a good practice since what I just posted originated in the Department of Redundancy Department.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The point, if I understand Muzz correctly, is that what difference does it make since the passing game's production was at least as good.  And I would contend that last year's was the more desirable outcome since the ball was spread around.

Let's be careful here about our terms.  Overall, the passing game was more productive in 2012 than 2013, averaging 291 yards per game (4th in the league) in 2012, and averaging 255 yards per game (10th) in 2013.  I think the point being made is more of those fewer yards were gained by WRs in 2013.  But one can argue that that says more about our TEs than our WRs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The only thing I worry about with Endelman is the concussion issue. Once you get them the risk of having others triples with each one. Otherwise he's a great story and a nice player.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Actually, he digs in deeper, twisting and contorting to try to maintain the fiction that he's never been wrong in his life.   Look at the Brady thing.  He's just absurdly wrong about Brady.  Everyone in the world knows it.  But what does he do?  Post endlessly the same thing so he can make the same mistake over and over for all the world to see.

Of course Dougie does. He's a tool in every way. He makes stupid predictions about the Pats and other  teams...like when he said the Jets would only win 4 games this past season (he'll deny this too).

Sections
Shortcuts