BB Made The Right Move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: BB Made The Right Move

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I said, it's perfectly fine to disagree. There's no right answer. TFB apparently takes this stuff personally, especially when Wes Welker is involved. I don't. It's football, it's a diversion.  Yeah, I'm a homer. Have been since the '70s, even when they sucked balls. Sue me. Actually don't, because you'll regret it.

I believe they're light years ahead of where they'd be right now if they had kept the 2012 group instead of making the changes they did. I like where they are going forward. Last year was brutal, starting with the loss of Hern and then Gronk. Had those two guys been there, they'd have been every bit the offense they were in 2012. So, it was a learning year, a retooling of the offense. This year and beyond, those changes start paying dividends. You want to be stuck in what was, that's your right. 

[/QUOTE]

Tfb12 has lust for certain players.  He stalked rodney harrison.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If anyone in any position of power speculated half as much as Rusty they wouldn't be doing it for long

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I forgot Schiancoe and Wilson. Thats a good amount of cabbage to eat

[/QUOTE]

Yes, shiancoe was so devatating as a camp invite with gronk and hern at te here.

He was paid a ton and would have seen tons of snaps.

Lol

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again, but hey who's counting? They signed him to than just a veteran minimum "camp invite" deal. Don't even bother to look it up because this is what you'll say...oh my! They wasted a couple of million on a guy that didn't pan out, big deal. Teams do this all the time...waste cap space on non productive players at positions they need to fill. And Fells was the same situation, but who cares? Same with Ballard, but who cares? I mean yeah they were isnsurance for Gron and Hern, and yes we did need them, and NO none of them helped, but who cares? So we missed on THREE veteran tight ends in the span of two years, it's just one position - yeah it may of been a crucial one for this team - but in the end it doesn't matter. And really unless you are signed to a 100 million dollar contract none of it matters. In fact no players on the team matter, it's all about Brady. Those second round busts?? Who cares? Spending 5 years to replace Seymour?? Who cares. Drafting 10 million guys to play safety?? Doesn't mean a thing - they're all just toys - low risk, high reward!! Types, it means nothing...over...and over...and over again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:

So now compare this list to every other teams list of 'mistakes', and compare the Patriots winning percentage to every other team since Bill Belichick took over as Head Coach and General Manager (despite all of these 'mistakes'), and which team has been to and won the most Super Bowls during that time period (despite all of these 'mistakes'). No one (other than Rustchise) has claimed that BB is perfect, but he has been better at building a winning roster consistently than anyone else. Almost every name on that list was a low cost, take a chance to see if they have anything left type of player. many of them didn't even make the roster. Every team has those types of signings, that is why they allow 90 guys go to training camp. Many of those guys signed with other teams after the Patriots dropped them. I know you are Brady guy, and I agree that TB is THE GREATEST PLAYER IN PATRIOT HISTORY and in my book THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME, but TB doesn't block, tackle, catch the ball, run with the ball (very well), kick the ball (very often), cover kickoffs or punts break up the passes of other teams, stop the other teams running backs, pick the players that do those things, or coach the players to do those things. It takes a full 53 man roster to have a winning team, and BB is the best at building that roster consistently.

Of COURSE TB gets a lot of the credit as does BB the coach. BUT... the teams he built were solid. Imperfect but solid and good enough to get to SBs and perhaps win.

And part of the proof is that they CONTI1NUE to be top notch EVERY year. This year this team looks great. It may not win the SB but BB has already put them in a place where they can!

If your point is that BB is not a perfect GM then OF COURSE you are right. If your point was "BB has left a lot to be desired as GM" then no... you are asking for perfection and pointing to real mistakes but out of context ... the context is in the total team roster. Every year they have a superior roster. This year again.

Th1ose who whine about TB might see the light when he is gone. Same for BB the GM. Mistakes? Yes, every year. But over all he does a superior job EVERY year as GM.

[/QUOTE]

I think Bill Belichick the GM did a fine job during his first five years here, however over the last five or so years this is what he has brought in and yes I do think it has prevented us from winning another Super Bowl when we had a golden opportunity to do so.

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tommy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Derrick Burgess

Kyle Love

Stallworth

Gaffney

Gonzalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Jake Ballard

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

^^This is a lot of mistakes. And this is also a lot of money wasted on those very same mistakes. I think having a pass rusher or another receiver would of helped more than this pile of hot garbage that our GM has brought in over the last five or so years.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've done it before, it's time consuming and no one wants to admit that we win a lot of games because of Brady the quarterback and Belichick the head coach...at least not the "Bill Belichick is the best GM of all time!!" Types.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I said, it's perfectly fine to disagree. There's no right answer. TFB apparently takes this stuff personally, especially when Wes Welker is involved. I don't. It's football, it's a diversion.  Yeah, I'm a homer. Have been since the '70s, even when they sucked balls. Sue me. Actually don't, because you'll regret it.

I believe they're light years ahead of where they'd be right now if they had kept the 2012 group instead of making the changes they did. I like where they are going forward. Last year was brutal, starting with the loss of Hern and then Gronk. Had those two guys been there, they'd have been every bit the offense they were in 2012. So, it was a learning year, a retooling of the offense. This year and beyond, those changes start paying dividends. You want to be stuck in what was, that's your right. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't take anything personally,I thought your post was ridiculous, not relevant, poor comparison and not true.  Other then that it was excellent.  LMAO!

Concerning last season, I would have liked for the team to ease into a wr transition better then they did last season.  It was too much at once and obviously by what we witnessed it was somewhat of a disaster.  It might have been nice to have brought in another more experienced and dependable player, not only for the offense but to help mentor the young guys, they looked lost and defeated at times last season.  Hope it's different this season with one season behind them.  Hope they have been able to find some confidence going into this season, they finished last season mentally and physically defeated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Concerning last season, I would have liked for the team to ease into a wr transition better then they did last season.

Don't pretend like BB planned for the rookies to have a huge role last season.  Gronk took longer to recover and A Hern went all Tony Montana.  Had those guys been around there would have been a lot less put on the rookies.  Between Gronk, Hern, Amendola and Edelman in the spring none of the rookies were slated to be higher than a 5th receiving option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Intended, insmended! 

So you think replacing 90% of your Wrs, all at once, only leaving the off injured JE, a off injured new to the system Amandola and 4 rookies, was good business?

Who does that leave to replace or even spell the off injured Gronk and AH?  Gronk and AH played maybe 2 games together in 2012.

Who replaces JE or Amandola?  Were they going to play every snap?

Were they planning to run 2TE and 1 receiver sets all year with a sprinkle of the 4 or 5 new bodies on the bench? 

Yup, every single back up was new.  Repeat!  Every single back up was new.

I guess you missed the consequence of that.  BB, too.

In order for that plan to work you have to bet on a guy that was new to the system and no injuries.

PULEAZE.  They were ill prepared for the inevitable and the inevitable happened.

Perhaps that's why NO ONE replaces 90% of their WRs all at once.  Ya think?

Actually, didn't 13 rookies have to play last year?  UGH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I forgot Schiancoe and Wilson. Thats a good amount of cabbage to eat

[/QUOTE]

Yes, shiancoe was so devatating as a camp invite with gronk and hern at te here.

He was paid a ton and would have seen tons of snaps.

Lol

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again, but hey who's counting? They signed him to than just a veteran minimum "camp invite" deal. Don't even bother to look it up because this is what you'll say...oh my! They wasted a couple of million on a guy that didn't pan out, big deal. Teams do this all the time...waste cap space on non productive players at positions they need to fill. And Fells was the same situation, but who cares? Same with Ballard, but who cares? I mean yeah they were isnsurance for Gron and Hern, and yes we did need them, and NO none of them helped, but who cares? So we missed on THREE veteran tight ends in the span of two years, it's just one position - yeah it may of been a crucial one for this team - but in the end it doesn't matter. And really unless you are signed to a 100 million dollar contract none of it matters. In fact no players on the team matter, it's all about Brady. Those second round busts?? Who cares? Spending 5 years to replace Seymour?? Who cares. Drafting 10 million guys to play safety?? Doesn't mean a thing - they're all just toys - low risk, high reward!! Types, it means nothing...over...and over...and over again.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaaa, WHo Cares!!!  Sais the guy typing away on his keyboard daily!  Of Course We care. I dont see how guys are always saying its nothing when it comes to money but cant seem to correlate us not being able to sign anyone worth anything midseason when guys start to go down. I think last year proved if anything, yes money matters. You cant have all kinds of funds allocated to DEAD money and expect it not to hurt your team....but leave it to beaver....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Concerning last season, I would have liked for the team to ease into a wr transition better then they did last season.

[/QUOTE]

Don't pretend like BB planned for the rookies to have a huge role last season.  Gronk took longer to recover and A Hern went all Tony Montana.  Had those guys been around there would have been a lot less put on the rookies.  Between Gronk, Hern, Amendola and Edelman in the spring none of the rookies were slated to be higher than a 5th receiving option.

[/QUOTE]

Well didn't AHERN get arrested just before TC opened?  Certainly time to do something then and they were well aware of the Gronk situation prior to the season starting.  I think it was just poor planning and execution transitioning an almost entire new WR corps.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Were they planning to run 2TE and 1 receiver sets all year with a sprinkle of the 4 or 5 new bodies on the bench? 

As usual you missed the point.  There is a difference between rookies having to play lots of snaps and rookies having to be the focal point of the offense.  Whether you like it or not there were 4 receiving options on the depth chart above any rookie after the draft and FA period concluded (and that isn't counting any of the RBs).  In 2011 Branch played over 75% of the snaps even though he was the 4th option in the passing game.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect rookies to be able to produce like an 800 year old Branch did.  When you have 2 all pro caliber Tight Ends you have to go into a season assuming they are going to be a big part of your offense.  Only an idiot would not construct a team that way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

They were ill prepared for the inevitable and the inevitable happened.

Nothing in the NFL is inevitable.  The 2007 season should have taught you that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Well didn't AHERN get arrested just before TC opened?  Certainly time to do something then and they were well aware of the Gronk situation prior to the season starting.  I think it was just poor planning and execution transitioning an almost entire new WR corps.   

Hernandez got arrested at the end of June.  By then your roster is already pretty set in stone and pickings are thin.  It was a gut punch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As usual you missed the point.  There is a difference between rookies having to play lots of snaps and rookies having to be the focal point of the offense.  Whether you like it or not there were 4 receiving options on the depth chart above any rookie after the draft and FA period concluded (and that isn't counting any of the RBs).  In 2011 Branch played over 75% of the snaps even though he was the 4th option in the passing game.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect rookies to be able to produce like an 800 year old Branch did.  When you have 2 all pro caliber Tight Ends you have to go into a season assuming they are going to be a big part of your offense.  Only an idiot would not construct a team that way. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry.

Only an idiot would have nothing but rookies as back ups.

That alone is poor planning and management.  Where were all the second, third, 4th year receivers?

Why did they even have a 85 year old Branch, resurrected from the grave?

Oh yea, they didn't exist because of poor draft picks and bust FAs for years.

Who lets their receivers get to the point that they replace them all at once, leaving only a back up?

No one.

This is the NFL and crap happens more than not.

You can't count on no injuries and you can't count on rookies as your ONLY backups.

That's nuts!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry.

That alone is poor planning and management.  Where were all the second, third, 4th year receivers?

Who lets their receivers get to the point that they replace them all at once, leaving only a back up?

No one.

You can't count on no injuries and you can't count on rookies as your ONLY backups.

That's nuts!

[/QUOTE]

I think another area of concern heading into last season was the defensive line...we were thin heading in...then it got much much worse. I was shocked that all they added during last off season was a 33 year old Kelly and a kid coming of a heart attack, why do that? What did you think was going to happen? That Kelly was going to play 70% of the snaps at his age and weight? And that Armstead was going to take the NFL by storm despite never playing in it? And did they think they were going to be able to play Wilfork 90% of the time? Because that is what they did with that guy - play him until his wheels fell off - stuff you have to do when you draft guys like Ron Brace, or sign guys like Fanene..or trade for guys like Haynesworth. That's what happens folks!! You draft and sign a bunch of crap and you are forced to wear your best defensive lineman out. Merry Christmas! And don't tell me, "oh how did they know it was going to happen?! Oh how?". The guy weighs 350 pounds, he was used more than a cup at free refill night at Denny's. There were plenty of threads started before last season about them using him too much and the line depth being way too thin.

You want to applaud Belichick the GM? Applaud him for signing Wilfork and getting every red cent out of the guy. I will absolutely give him credit for that...talk about return on your investment...wow! And I'll give him credit for drafting him too - I worry that our new GM would trade that same pick back into the second round today...and pick Ron Brace...then tell us how much positional flexibility he has.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pezz, I agree with you a lot, but I think pcmIV has a point.  BB was clearly looking at two receiving TEs as the mainstay of the passing game and while losing both was a possibility, you simply don't have the ability to keep enough good players to plan for every contingency.  You have to play the odds . . . and sometimes you will lose, even on good bets. 

Where I do think there's a legitimate reason to question BB is that they've let the WR position deteriorate since Moss began to decline.  I think they needed a good developmental WR back in 2009 or 2010 at the latest.  Guys like Brandon Tate and Taylor Price were drafted to be those developmental guys, but they busted out. That to me was an issue.  In fact, I said it at the beginning of the 2012 season that I didn't like them going into the season with just four WRs (I think, not counting Slater, they only had four--Lloyd, Welker, Edelman, and Salas).  That seemed risky to me and it forced them to radically rebuild in 2013.  I think you have a point there, that trying to rebuild a position that requires at least three decent guys in one year is maybe a bit too heavy on wishful thinking. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Sorry.

No one.

That's nuts!

The Patriots went 12-4, got a bye week and won a playoff game with those bums. They lost in the conference championship game because they couldn't run the ball. That's not on the receivers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They were ill prepared for the inevitable and the inevitable happened.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing in the NFL is inevitable.  The 2007 season should have taught you that.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I never thought 2007 was a lock, did you?

Injuries are inevitable.  It's just a matter of who, what, how and when.

IF your # 1 goes down or 2 or 3 or 4, and all you have is rookies for back ups, they HAVE to become a focal point, by process of elimination.

Is it possible for none of the receivers to get hurt?  Could happen, I guess.   I could win the lottery too.

Is it likely?  Hell, no!

Sorry to bust your bubble, but isn't it more prudent to plan for likelihoods and not leave things up to a prayer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sorry.

No one.

That's nuts!

[/QUOTE]
    The Patriots went 12-4, got a bye week and won a playoff game with those bums. They lost in the conference championship game because they couldn't run the ball. That's not on the receivers.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry they didn't lose because they couldn't run although you're right, they couldn't. 

Even if they were successful, Vereen did OK, they would have pulled the plug on that.

When your D only allows you 20 minutes on the field and 7 chances to score and the opposition is scoring at will, that tends to happen.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You are talking to an adult who lusts for Brady and Welker. He is irrational as can be. He also claims he followed BB here as a Browns fan, but he spends all day and night acting like BB victimized his anal cavity with Rodney Harrison standing by in Rodney Harrison autographed hat.

That remark ^^^  came from a Bohemian who dreams about  having his way with BB every day and night. Creepy!

Hey Queenie, You make no sense, you must be pounding the bottle and pain meds hard this evening.

Anyway, your jealousy is delicious!  

BTW, you want to make some bets this season?  Loser leaves forum for 6 months?  What do you say?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pezz, I agree with you a lot, but I think pcmIV has a point.  BB was clearly looking at two receiving TEs as the mainstay of the passing game and while losing both was a possibility, you simply don't have the ability to keep enough good players to plan for every contingency.  You have to play the odds . . . and sometimes you will lose, even on good bets. 

Where I do think there's a legitimate reason to question BB is that they've let the WR position deteriorate since Moss began to decline.  I think they needed a good developmental WR back in 2009 or 2010 at the latest.  Guys like Brandon Tate and Taylor Price were drafted to be those developmental guys, but they busted out. That to me was an issue.  In fact, I said it at the beginning of the 2012 season that I didn't like them going into the season with just four WRs (I think, not counting Slater, they only had four--Lloyd, Welker, Edelman, and Salas).  That seemed risky to me and it forced them to radically rebuild in 2013.  I think you have a point there, that trying to rebuild a position that requires at least three decent guys in one year is maybe a bit too heavy on wishful thinking. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ok, fair but my point is that the two are married.

Look at 2012 when Gronk and Hern rarely plaid together.  When that happened they didn't have to rely on a handful of rookies to get by, they had vet receivers who despite limitations, had a #1 offense.

They let them all go.

There should have been an influx of WR talent in the years prior.  If there had been, that never would have happened. 

As it turned out, they had to pay guys like Ocho and hern and countless others, who weren't playing any more, so there's your money need and the reason they went with the rookies, IMO.  More or less 4 for the price of 1.

Also, replacing WW was costly in more ways than just $$$$.

That and they needed to put a lot more money into the D, which they did.

Thank  goodness!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Look at 2012 when Gronk and Hern rarely plaid together.  When that happened they didn't have to rely on a handful of rookies to get by, they had vet receivers who despite limitations, had a #1 offense.

They let them all go.

There should have been an influx of WR talent in the years prior.  If there had been, that never would have happened. 

As it turned out, they had to pay guys like Ocho and hern and countless others, who weren't playing any more, so there's your money need and the reason they went with the rookies, IMO.  More or less 4 for the price of 1.

Thank  goodness!!!

[/QUOTE]

This is where I agree with you, and I've been saying it for a long time.  They did let the WR position get dangerously thin.  I think they really were hoping to hit on Brandon Tate.  Drafted in 2009, the timing was right for him to step up and be that developmental guy while Moss was still on the team.  I think they gambled that he'd be better than he really was (he is a good kick returner, but not a good receiver). 

Taylor Price in 2010 was another dip in the well. The Pats were trying to do the right thing on both these guys, but they just didn't work out.  The fact is the Pats have had low picks and lots of needs.  That makes team building difficult.  I think they prioritized defense over WR and rightly so.  Overall, that was probably the right decision, but it doesn't help the WR situation. 

Hopefully Dobson is finally the guy that gives us what we need.  Or Boyce.  Or both.  We'll see.  But if they end up being the Wilhites and Butlers and Wheatleys of the WR world we have a long row to hoe. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hernandez got arrested at the end of June.  By then your roster is already pretty set in stone and pickings are thin.  It was a gut punch.

[/QUOTE]

You are talking to an adult who lusts for Brady and Welker. He is irrational as can be. He also claims he followed BB here as a Browns fan, but he spends all day and night acting like BB victimized his anal cavity with Rodney Harrison standing by in Rodney Harrison autographed hat.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Do you think you could get through one thread without:

1, lying

2, mentioning anal cavities, lust, panties, blow-up dolls sacks, ect ect ect

I understand that's what you're all about but we really don't need to hear about it.

Thanks

The board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

They let them all go.

Thank  goodness!!!

[/QUOTE]

This is where I agree with you, and I've been saying it for a long time.  They did let the WR position get dangerously thin.  I think they really were hoping to hit on Brandon Tate.  Drafted in 2009, the timing was right for him to step up and be that developmental guy while Moss was still on the team.  I think they gambled that he'd be better than he really was (he is a good kick returner, but not a good receiver). 

Taylor Price in 2010 was another dip in the well. The Pats were trying to do the right thing on both these guys, but they just didn't work out.  The fact is the Pats have had low picks and lots of needs.  That makes team building difficult.  I think they prioritized defense over WR and rightly so.  Overall, that was probably the right decision, but it doesn't help the WR situation. 

Hopefully Dobson is finally the guy that gives us what we need.  Or Boyce.  Or both.  We'll see.  But if they end up being the Wilhites and Butlers and Wheatleys of the WR world we have a long row to hoe. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well I understand the draft is a crap shoot but I really don't think the picking late thing is an excuse.  There have been plenty of good productive players picked later that may have helped. (especially in the 1st, 3 rounds) and some beyond.

That excuse is old.  It's not where they pick.  They often have the ammo to move up if they wanted to.

It's all those 2nd round busts that are disturbing and in some cases they were their first pick after trading away their first.  I understand more 2nd rounders could be a good thing but not if you are wasting them on garbage and you just blew your first to get them.

I wonder.  Has anyone every compared the draftnicks projected picks to the Pats actual picks as far as player production?

Who do you think did better, the draftnicks that picked for bb or BB?

It would be interesting to see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just curious, when was the last time the team with the best collection of wide receivers won a championship? Maybe the Rams in '99? Before that, the Jerry Rice Niners perhaps? That might be it.

There are more important considerations in building a winning team than the prima donnas who run pass patterns.