BB must have a big move coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

BB must have a big move coming

The Pats dont have a long snapper on the roster. I think Rob Ninkovich is the backup snapper. I wonder if he has a deal in place to trade Mallett and bring Aiken back tomorrow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: BB must have a big move coming

Nothing would surprise me with BB.  Rapoport is convinced Mallett will be traded or, if he's released, signed by Houston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

If BB cuts him, he'll surely keep him on speed dial.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Let the games begin
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious question… are the Jets gambling Simms doesn't  get claimed and make a roster or are they just moving on from him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious question… are the Jets gambling Simms doesn't  get claimed and make a roster or are they just moving on from him?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

if we hang on to mallet we get a comp pick.  We won't cut him outright. We also have another 4th to throw in with a deal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkPatrol. Show SnarkPatrol's posts

Heavy lunch?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He won't answer that. He's too mortified.  The Jets just released the best QB of their future. It's quite comical.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

if we hang on to mallet we get a comp pick.  We won't cut him outright. We also have another 4th to throw in with a deal

[/QUOTE]

I found this on Wikipedia:

Compensatory picks[edit]
    "In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year.[58] Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick."

There are no guarantees the Pats get a comp pick for Mallet if they keep him this year and he subsequently signs with another team next year. It's a very complicated formula that the NFL apparently has never fully explained but a lot will depend on Mallet's 2015 salary (with his new team) and who the Pats acquire in FA next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

No team will sign Mallett next offseason if the price is a 3rd rder. I keep saying this. That is why it makes sense to deal him for a 5th or 6th now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He won't answer that. He's too mortified.  The Jets just released the best QB of their future. It's quite comical.

[/QUOTE]

I am not being a smartaZZ but this might be true. Watching Smith last year he seemed to have difficulty going through his progressions. It will be interesting to see if he is capable of looking for 2nd and 3rd options.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

For some reason Smith and a big move sound right in the same sentence. 

But, but I'm a good poster!

Remember Tyler Sash!  Rinngggg ringgggg

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10930324

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]

No team will sign Mallett next offseason if the price is a 3rd rder. I keep saying this. That is why it makes sense to deal him for a 5th or 6th now.

[/QUOTE]

Next season the comp pick isn't taken away from the team signing him, it is awarded as an extra pick at the end of the round.

But I agree something is up with the Aiken cut - they kept more OLine than expected so I wonder if there may be a package deal in the works?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats dont have a long snapper on the roster. I think Rob Ninkovich is the backup snapper. I wonder if he has a deal in place to trade Mallett and bring Aiken back tomorrow?

[/QUOTE]

too late. picked up by Bills

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Good points...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Why would the signing team care what compensatory pick is given when it's not one of their draft picks??

Always Right.....at least in my mind

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last week Rex telegraphed he would cut Simms when he openly said "he loved his 2 QB's". I thought it was strange he did not include Simms who has continually improved since becoming a Jet. The Jets believe no one is interested in Simms and he will float back to the PS where he can continue to develop and they can save the roster spot. It is hard for me to assess how NFL teams view Simms. He did next to nothing in college at Tennessee and really only got the tryout with the Jets as a favor to his father. Despite the way he arrived he has just gotten better and better and it makes one wonder what this kids potential is? His grit reminds me of Steve Grogan. I could see him fitting in with the Pats better than the Jets; but, like I said, it is hard to gauge his potential.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

: )))

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the same Ryan Mallet u said was worth a first rd pick a year ago? My how the mighty have fallen!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh Queenie, how sad. Just because Simms is better than Mallet and TG, that doesn't make him better than Geno. I see the desperate patsies are carrying 3 QBs.  Still holding out for that top 10 pick you predicted for RM?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not being a smartaZZ but this might be true. Watching Smith last year he seemed to have difficulty going through his progressions. It will be interesting to see if he is capable of looking for 2nd and 3rd options.

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaat? A rookie QB with no pro style O experience struggled? Weird.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

please. please. please. learn the game and learn the rules. you are absolutely embarrassing yourself with your lack on knowledge on these things. the team that signs Mallett does not lose anything

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Might be a long shot but the long snapper may be Stork. He looked pretty good snapping the hide in the shotgun. Don't know about him on the FG unit, but if he is good at it then it would save a roster spot for some other weak position on the team. Wouldn't surprise me if BB went in that direction. Maybe...maybe not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaat? A rookie QB with no pro style O experience struggled? Weird.

[/QUOTE]

Funny the Pats drafted a QB this year with "no pro style O experience" and he seems to be able to keep his eyes downfield and go through multiple progressions. Weird

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the same Ryan Mallet u said was worth a first rd pick a year ago? My how the mighty have fallen!

[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it BB turned down a second rounder for Mallett.  In hindsight, wasn't that a mistake?

Sections
Shortcuts