BB on McKenzie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: BB on McKenzie

Doing well in camp does not mean the best player for the team.  BB looks for role players, maybe McKenzie will be one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Personally, I'd like to see McKenzie make the 53-man roster.  I've seen a number of comments from folks on this forum who indicate that it comes down to either Alexander or McKenzie but not both and that Alexander has the inside track.  I've never been impressed with Alexander but I'm not making the decisions and BB obviously has seen some merit in having him on the roster.  Still, I'd like McK to make the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: BB on McKenzie:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I'd like to see McKenzie make the 53-man roster.  I've seen a number of comments from folks on this forum who indicate that it comes down to either Alexander or McKenzie but not both and that Alexander has the inside track.  I've never been impressed with Alexander but I'm not making the decisions and BB obviously has seen some merit in having him on the roster.  Still, I'd like McK to make the team.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    the Alexander inside track is based on special team play only. I think everyone agrees that Alexander should not see snaps at ILB, but he does excel at ST's. While BB's comments are nice regarding McKenzie, I dont see those comments as meaning McKenzie made the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm inclined to agree ronk1 and I know Alexander is a good special teams player - I just don't like to admit it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Way too early to give up on him. At the very least he'll be assigned to the practice squad.

Remember, he hasn't played football since the 2008 season, and that was at the collegiate level.

He's still learning about the NFL and, besides, it takes more than a year, typically, to come back to 100% after ACL surgery (Wes Welker not withstanding).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I normally don't get enthusiastic about a player until I've seen him play well in a game or two that counts but for some reason I think McKenzie has the potential to be very good and I'd like to see him make the cut.  I'm hoping BB gives him the opportunity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he'll make, this kid has heart

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hope he makes it, not sure he plays ST though.  Seems like Guyton can do more than McKenzie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let's keep McK over "Alexander the Great" (Not).  The latter cannot play LB and I am tired of so many special teamers who can't step up and play a position.

Sections
Shortcuts