BB On Verge of Win 200

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: BB On Verge of Win 200

Let's hope he stays here long enough to catch Don Shula – 347 Wins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Shula is overrated in the grand scheme of all the time great winning coaches, IMO, but that total number of wins is hard to believe, isn't it? BB would have to coach another 10 years and I don't see it happening.

10 years x 15 wins per season = 150 That would do it!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

How in **** does a coach get that many wins?  That is insane.  Did he do that in a 14 game season? Did Shula's wins all come as a head coach?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Put it this way Rusty how on earth can you have Dan Marino in the pre-cap era and never win a superbowl, that says it all for me. Kind of seems to me that he was a coach who was good when he had good players but found it hard to do well when he had to elevate the talent around him. A perfect example of this was 09..in reflection that team was quite bad but BB still got 10 wins out of them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Shula's record is untouchable. I think most coaches would just get tired of it before they stayed that long. And most coaches even approaching that many wins .... well ... they don't have anything to prove. 

BB will retire as one of the greatest ever, that is for sure. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Very Very difficult to see any coach surpassing Shula's record. 347 is ridiculous. The only comparable stat would a WR taking out Jerry Rice's records and you have to be expectionally good for a really long time (in NFL years) to accomplish that. My guess is BB ends up between 250-300. 347 is alot. It almost seems like one of those ridiculous college records (600+ passing yards in a game). Shula is good, but I might offer his Colts lost to the Jets (I think) and he never won a Super Bowl with second best QB of his era (Marino/Montana).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Belichick = G.O.A.T

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Put it this way Rusty how on earth can you have Dan Marino in the pre-cap era and never win a superbowl, that says it all for me. Kind of seems to me that he was a coach who was good when he had good players but found it hard to do well when he had to elevate the talent around him. A perfect example of this was 09..in reflection that team was quite bad but BB still got 10 wins out of them

Yup, that's how I see it too. Marino was great, he wasn't the reason why the phins never won it with him. Shula was a good coach but like Rusty said, overrated IMO.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

BB sucks. How dare he have 200 wins? Fire him..we need a guy like Norv Turner here, or maybe Rexy himself.

Sections
Shortcuts