BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!:
    [QUOTE]Welker will do a reasonable contract...he's a slot reciever chains mover not a #1 like Larry or #2 like Chad.....not worried there...my guess is 4 years 28 mill with 18 million guarenteed that includes 6 million signing bonus... if not....Welker gets replaced by Edelman...
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

I think people are missing a very big difference between Fitz & Wes.

Fitz is the ONLY receiving threat the Cards have.  Wes competed with Randy Moss, then Hernadaz & Gronk, plus our backs for receptions, and still led the league in receptions.

Fitz is currently the ONLY draw for the Cards, just as Manning is the only draw for the Colts.

Keep in mind Bill went out and specifically traded for Wes because of the damage he did against us. 

As for Chad taking his slot, forget about it.  He's best days are behind him.  He doesn't like to block, our offense is more intricate than any he's ever played in before, I doubt he'll do all of the work necessary to learn it all. 

Wes blocks, constantly studies, and isn't looking for the hit.  He's looking for the ball or the block.  Contact be damned. 

Wes stays, gets a good contract that he feels he's worth, and retires a Pat. 

If our Defense plays as strong as they have in the preseason, our offense is going to be out there a lot, and this year, playing only offense, not staying on the field to keep our defense off the field.  Chad won't be an every down receiver.  Wes will. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

In the NFL, the strangest things can happen. Who knows what will happen with Wes? Personally, I don't get why we paid big bucks for Shaun Ellis, an overrage dud? We don't need experienced mediocrities. Maybe it is just a one year, pray and hope deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

again, you kooaiders miss my point. no doubt kraft and bel any true pat including myself will want to keep welk. he's right up there as a true pat in grit and everything else. point is the pats have to FIRST look at each player within the context of the whole organization not just one isolated individual regardless of how great. welk has no offer for his agent has already made it clear what "reasonable" will mean for him to even consider staying. its a 2-way street. lets say its 4/40m with 19m up frront. as i said before, welk is not the oly guy coming up. anyone here wants mayo to walkinstead? or vollmer? there is a damnn salary cap remember? this aint baseball. sox cant pay everyone! 

within the total pic, i'm sorrry but welk's position is the most superflous and is really a LUXURY at this point. mayo's position and age makes him more important.if haynesworth has the monster year i believe he will, his pay goes up to $6.7m. as i said, there are other considerations. as a pragmatic matter, u cant pay everyone. i hope we can sneak in welk but i am just being realistic. If everyone lives up to expectations and is a stud, i'm keeping ocho, olaying edelman more, bringing back vranch but not even offering welk a contract. its not personal!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats1977. Show pats1977's posts

No disrespect to Wes, but I never knew of the name Welker until he joined the Pats. I'm dubious that he would make a name for himself in the NFL had he stayed with the fins or play for any other team. Besides credit to Brady, the Pats' system is perfect for his skills. He might not have much success elsewhere.

Sections
Shortcuts