BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

i love welk, look forward to a return to his 07 and 08 years, but esp if he is prolific again, he's done with new englnad. this team has mayo and vollmer coming up along with others for extensions and renewals. we must cut somewhere. no way is a 4 year deal at around 55M for a 30 year+ midget possession wr in the best interest of the pats esp with so many options everywhere at that position plus all the draft picks we have. to me, its like with running back. no need for this team to ever spend top money there. too many OPTIONS. wes will get his money from someone out there but i dont see it coming from the pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

I don't see Wes demanding crazy money.  I think he enjoys it here and would stay for a team friendly contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!

I don't think this affects Welkers potential contract at all.  They are nothing alike in terms of the type of WR they are.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Since when is Welker on the same level as Fitzgerald? Wes is incredible and one of my favorite players but Fitz is the best WR in the NFL and can make plays that Wes could never dream of. I believe he is the kind of guy that will take a team friendly deal to stay here and keep playing with Brady, he'll get paid fairly, but he won't hold them ransom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No offence to you guys who think that Fitzgerald is a better receiver than Wes,ah maybe I missed it when did LF grab more balls than W.W.? Wes Welker has caught more passes than any other receiver in the NFL over the last 3 years combined and that includes LF....I'm just sayin though...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How is BB ahead of the curve again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Welker will do a reasonable contract...he's a slot reciever chains mover not a #1 like Larry or #2 like Chad.....not worried there...my guess is 4 years 28 mill with 18 million guarenteed that includes 6 million signing bonus...

if not....Welker gets replaced by Edelman...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!:
    [QUOTE]Welker will do a reasonable contract...he's a slot reciever chains mover not a #1 like Larry or #2 like Chad.....not worried there...my guess is 4 years 28 mill with 18 million guarenteed that includes 6 million signing bonus... if not....Welker gets replaced by Edelman...
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Edelman can't replace Welker. Edelman can't even stay on the field and he can't carry Welker's jock either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!:
    [QUOTE]Welker will do a reasonable contract...he's a slot reciever chains mover not a #1 like Larry or #2 like Chad.....not worried there...my guess is 4 years 28 mill with 18 million guarenteed that includes 6 million signing bonus... if not....Welker gets replaced by Edelman...
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

i ses chad as  a #3 at this point.
    welker to me is very valuable til he loses his mobility. until then he is a necessity on the pats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER! : Edelman can't replace Welker. Edelman can't even stay on the field and he can't carry Welker's jock either.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

agreed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]How is BB ahead of the curve again?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]by stockpiling at that position in anticipation. ocho is there for two more years at around 3M per year. plus edelman and others. some of you are simply naive to think team friendly means you take significantly less than your market value. not greedy yes but not less than the market could pay as a norm or median. you are only "friendly " as your options. deion branch, yep if bb wants him he'll be very "friendly" for noone is throwing top $ at him regardless of the year he has. same with a kevin faulk if he returns and performs. with wes, talking top five $ not absolutely #1. yep mankins just got a team-friendly deal right? bit less than he could have made in the open market next year but still is the highest paid guard by far and got the biggest bonus ever at his position. same with tommy. believe he is the highest overall and his bonus was right there with what peyton got. oh yep, big vince. did he take a discount?

look because these guys show up for work and play thru their negotiations and contract doesnt mean they are being team friendly per se. thats just spin. vince by far is the highest paid nose tackle in football and got a lot of years and a huggge bonus as well. bottom line my friends, welk has an agent who btw, gets about 10% of that cash and a manager who gets about 5%. y would they want their cut to be far less than market value? welk will want to be compensated rightfully just like mankins and wilfork for his position. he's the best slot receiver in football and easily is a top 5 receiver in football. no way in hell is welk taking less than top 5 receiver money. 4 years at 28m is laughable. 

If healthy and prolific, no other team will even consider starting that low. its a marketplace. fitz just set the market. u think jackson from the eags will accept much less or vincent jackson? no. thats now the bar. they may get less but in terms of years or bonus money, but they will both be in the same neighborhood. welk is older and not the best but he is in that neighborhood as an indispensable wr. he may take less than desean jackson and fitz but no way is he taking much less than vincent jackson. he's better than vj! 

thats where ego, self-preservation and reality comes in. nothing less than 4 years, nothing less than around 13M (definitely not less than double digits). the market has been set. y should welk leave 20M+ on the table? who the heck on the pats from brady to mankins to wilfork ever has? if welk hits the market, you can bet that kc (way under the cap), jets, saints, giants, colts, redskins, minnesota, cowboys, carolina, dolphins (regrets), and even green bay will all be throwing market rates at him. y the heck shoild welk take 4y/30m max from the pats when everyone else will be STARTING at 4y/ 50m. talkng 5-9m difference, sure he'll pick the pats but not 20+. would you? yep, taking passes from aaron rodgers, peyton or drew brees as the primary guy is so much worse than taking them from brady and the pats system where he's one of 3? we must take off the homer glasses and step away from the homeraid on this one. 

hope i'm wrong but i doubt it. no way will or should belichick offer more than 4/30m (18m bonus) with our options and no way should welk take less than 4/53m (25m bonus). like the adam venitieri, ty law, branch and asante situations, should be no hard feelings, just business folks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

for the right deal i would keep wes, but with brady slot receivers can easily be replaced.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER! : by stockpiling at that position in anticipation. ocho is there for two more years at around 3M per year. plus edelman and others. some of you are simply naive to think team friendly means you take significantly less than your market value. not greedy yes but not less than the market could pay as a norm or median. you are only "friendly " as your options. deion branch, yep if bb wants him he'll be very "friendly" for noone is throwing top $ at him regardless of the year he has. same with a kevin faulk if he returns and performs. with wes, talking top five $ not absolutely #1. yep mankins just got a team-friendly deal right? bit less than he could have made in the open market next year but still is the highest paid guard by far and got the biggest bonus ever at his position. same with tommy. believe he is the highest overall and his bonus was right there with what peyton got. oh yep, big vince. did he take a discount?  look because these guys show up for work and play thru their negotiations and contract doesnt mean they are being team friendly per se. thats just spin. vince by far is the highest paid nose tackle in football and got a lot of years and a huggge bonus as well. bottom line my friends, welk has an agent who btw, gets about 10% of that cash and a manager who gets about 5%. y would they want their cut to be far less than market value? welk will want to be compensated rightfully just like mankins and wilfork for his position. he's the best slot receiver in football and easily is a top 5 receiver in football. no way in hell is welk taking less than top 5 receiver money. 4 years at 28m is laughable.  If healthy and prolific, no other team will even consider starting that low. its a marketplace. fitz just set the market. u think jackson from the eags will accept much less or vincent jackson? no. thats now the bar. they may get less but in terms of years or bonus money, but they will both be in the same neighborhood. welk is older and not the best but he is in that neighborhood as an indispensable wr. he may take less than desean jackson and fitz but no way is he taking much less than vincent jackson. he's better than vj!  thats where ego, self-preservation and reality comes in. nothing less than 4 years, nothing less than around 13M (definitely not less than double digits). the market has been set. y should welk leave 20M+ on the table? who the heck on the pats from brady to mankins to wilfork ever has? if welk hits the market, you can bet that kc (way under the cap), jets, saints, giants, colts, redskins, minnesota, cowboys, carolina, dolphins (regrets), and even green bay will all be throwing market rates at him. y the heck shoild welk take 4y/30m max from the pats when everyone else will be STARTING at 4y/ 50m. talkng 5-9m difference, sure he'll pick the pats but not 20+. would you? yep, taking passes from aaron rodgers, peyton or drew brees as the primary guy is so much worse than taking them from brady and the pats system where he's one of 3? we must take off the homer glasses and step away from the homeraid on this one.  hope i'm wrong but i doubt it. no way will or should belichick offer more than 4/30m (18m bonus) with our options and no way should welk take less than 4/53m (25m bonus). like the adam venitieri, ty law, branch and asante situations, should be no hard feelings, just business folks!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

How is BB ahead of the curve again? The short version this time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER! : Edelman can't replace Welker. Edelman can't even stay on the field and he can't carry Welker's jock either.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    next season you most likely will have ocho in the slot with price as flanker with 2 TE sets as the dominant fornation of the pats. branch will be the third all-purpose receiver most likely with edelman to backup ocho specifically and a draft choice to play some flanker in backing up price specfically. perhaps buddy furham could make the team and put himself in that position along with slater.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

You're an idiot.

Is Merriweather still guilty of shooting someone?

I've noticed something, you always seem to have all the answers............they're just always wrong!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Don't see Welker demanding Fitzgerlad money. The problem is Welker will probably have more catches and Tds this year than Fitzgerald though due to Arizona not having a great offense or a great QB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a79ac29e2-454b-498b-9ae3-56e532b24c2c&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:79ac29e2-454b-498b-9ae3-56e532b24c2cPost:bb5dd2d5-11eb-48ca-b664-48f8053e6b1d">Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!:
    [QUOTE]Don't see Welker demanding Fitzgerlad money. The problem is Welker will probably have more catches and Tds this year than Fitzgerald though due to Arizona not having a great offense or a great QB.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

The one component to this I don't hear anyone talking about is Mr. Kraft. I really don't think that he's just going to forget everything Wes has brought to the team's success. He'll retire a patriot with Tom Brady. He'll get a good contract offer that works for everyone which is why he's Patriot in the first place!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Don't see Welker demanding Fitzgerlad money. The problem is Welker will probably have more catches and Tds this year than Fitzgerald though due to Arizona not having a great offense or a great QB.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Welker would be immediately laughed at by BB and Kraft if he wanted Fitzgerald  money. I'd don't know if you realize Fitgerald had 90 catches and over 1000 yards last year with Derek Anderson, John Skelton and Max Hall throwing the ball. They combined for 3200 yards 10 TD and 19 INT's and a passer rating of 60. The highest passer rating on the team was Steve Breason and he is a WR LOL. He was 1/3 of those scrubs yards and over half their TD's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

In Response to BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER!:
    [QUOTE]i love welk, look forward to a return to his 07 and 08 years, but esp if he is prolific again, he's done with new englnad. this team has mayo and vollmer coming up along with others for extensions and renewals. we must cut somewhere. no way is a 4 year deal at around 55M for a 30 year+ midget possession wr in the best interest of the pats esp with so many options everywhere at that position plus all the draft picks we have. to me, its like with running back. no need for this team to ever spend top money there. too many OPTIONS. wes will get his money from someone out there but i dont see it coming from the pats! http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6880867/arizona-cardinals-re-sign-larry-fitzgerald-eight-years-record-120-million-sources-say

You must be a re tard. Wes and larry are TWO TOTALLY different recievers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB ONCE AGAIN AHEAD OF THE CURVE, IF THIS IS THE NEW MARKET FOR A TOP WR, C YA WELKER! : next season you most likely will have ocho in the slot with price as flanker with 2 TE sets as the dominant fornation of the pats. branch will be the third all-purpose receiver most likely with edelman to backup ocho specifically and a draft choice to play some flanker in backing up price specfically. perhaps buddy furham could make the team and put himself in that position along with slater.

We all know Brady has gotten by quite nicely with the most meager weaponry around. The offense has not ever been the problem in the big picture. Still not seeing how this is ahead of the curve. Being ahead of the curve would be to fix this abysmal 3rd down D. Strike that. That isn't being ahead of the curve. That's just doing what you get paid to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Welker will get a reasonable contract. Stop stirring the pot for no reason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

CC stop reading the tabloids.  It's furthing rotting your brain and skewing your outlook.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]CC stop reading the tabloids.  It's furthing rotting your brain and skewing your outlook.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

It's furthing rotting your brain and skewing your outlook.  

Sad..but....I think it is too late!  : (

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I think Welker sees things a little more big picture than most players, in the likes of Bruschi.  I remember his comments during the lockout that said something to the effect of "I never expected to make this much money at anything in my life", let alone for playing football.  I also think the Kraft's might give him a healthy bonus to show their appriciation.  If he stays with the Pats, wins a couple of superbowls,(?) continues to catch a very high number of receptions, gets the publicity that comes with being a winner and playing with Brady, then his opportunities after his playing days are over will be many fold what they would be other wise.  Nothing replaces being a champion, and playing for other teams doesn't replace being a Patriot.  Ask Law, Moss, and so on.        

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good post passfirst.

Welker is a smart guy. He knows the Patriots are a class organization and will do right by him as long as he continues to work hard and produce.

He also knows he's fortunate to catch passes from Tom Brady. Brady throws an accurate ball that gives him ample time to make a move or duck. Playing with Brady will lengthen his career and thus his earnings.

Pardon my rant,
    I was shocked when Adam Vinatieri left for the Colts. I guess he was upset with being franchised. I can kind of understand his leaving because a kicker can still have personal success with any team, especially one with a dome, but he would have been a legend in New England for the rest of his life if he had stayed. 

Sections
Shortcuts