BB Playing Chess - Other GMs Playing Checkers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

BB Playing Chess - Other GMs Playing Checkers

If you've read Secrets to Football, Vol XXIV, you'd know that the key to building a SB Champion in the 21st century is to have an elite long snapper.

That's why BB locked up Aiken before he hit the market for FA.   Tell me again how many FGs Ghost has kicked without the benefit of a snap from the LOS?   Ghost is nothing without Aiken.  With Aiken, Ghost led the NFL in FGs in 2013.  Other teams might be lured by the glamour of scoring TDs or sacking the QB.   That's fools gold.   FGs are where it's at.

Byrd?  Ward?  Ware?  Jenkins?  Revis?  Whitner?  Dansby?  

Nope.

Winning football begins and ends with the long snapper.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: BB Playing Chess - Other GMs Playing Checkers

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you've read Secrets to Football, Vol XXIV, you'd know that the key to building a SB Champion in the 21st century is to have an elite long snapper.

That's why BB locked up Aiken before he hit the market for FA.   Tell me again how many FGs Ghost has kicked without the benefit of a snap from the LOS?   Ghost is nothing without Aiken.  With Aiken, Ghost led the NFL in FGs in 2013.  Other teams might be lured by the glamour of scoring TDs or sacking the QB.   That's fools gold.   FGs are where it's at.

Nope.

[/QUOTE]

just be grateful Catfish u have the only GM in football who understands the cap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

[QUOTE]

Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Finally somebody gets it! Just don't draft one this year, please, my TV can't swim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Someone buy him a chess clock . . . free agency's almost over!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

John Elway playing Russian Roulette. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Maybe it's time to start playing checkers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

How many years have to go by in free agency before the fans around here learn that BB doesn't go out and spend big $$ very often? After the AD circus, I doubt he ever will again.

BB is a bargain shopper folks.......why does everyone think he going to shop at Saks Fifth Avenue every year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Catfish is back! LOL Thanks for the laugh catfish I have missed your sense of humor! Folks taking things to serious here lately!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes, BB hid in those weeds and snapped up the long snapper well before the rest of them caught on that this is the new key to victory. Pure genius.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The only problem with you playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers is you have no one to play with so you end up going home and playing with yourself 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only problem with you playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers is you have no one to play with so you end up going home and playing with yourself 

[/QUOTE]

he is folding with 3 aces in his hand lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They are doing what they always do... they have a model they follow to build a team and are staying consistent and disciplined to that model. Unfortuantely for fans this can be infuriating to fans at times but this is how they operate. You can disagree with the approach but outside of a few signings in the past I don't see this model changing under the Kraft/Belichik regime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are doing what they always do... they have a model they follow to build a team and are staying consistent and disciplined to that model. Unfortuantely for fans this can be infuriating to fans at times but this is how they operate. You can disagree with the approach but outside of a few signings in the past I don't see this model changing under the Kraft/Belichik regime.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is this model doesn't work. Fans can point to the W's all they want the reality is start listing the FA's in the last 3-5 years that have added to that W total. You'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple and of those most aren't starters. I know it's not popular but it you aren't adding guys who help get you Ws in FA then is that system really helping the team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is this model doesn't work. Fans can point to the W's all they want the reality is start listing the FA's in the last 3-5 years that have added to that W total. You'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple and of those most aren't starters. I know it's not popular but it you aren't adding guys who help get you Ws in FA then is that system really helping the team?

[/QUOTE]

No doubt the approach is debatable. The counter arguement to that is since the last SB win they have been to 2 SB's  and were within a play of winning both. They have been to 4 AFCCG's  and once you get to that point anything can happen.

For me it comes down to what they have at the begginning of the year and the progression the team makes throughout the year.

I'm still at the wait and see stage. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt the approach is debatable. The counter arguement to that is since the last SB win they have been to 2 SB's  and were within a play of winning both. They have been to 4 AFCCG's  and once you get to that point anything can happen.

For me it comes down to what they have at the begginning of the year and the progression the team makes throughout the year.

[/QUOTE]

I do think the jury's still out. There's a lot to be said for getting to the playoffs every year and seeing where you go from there.  But at the same time, if you're not quite good or balanced enough to win the championship, you could go down in history like the K-gun Bills . . . or the Dan Marino Dolphins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Actually, BB is playing tiddleywinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The problem is this model doesn't work.Fans can point to the W's all they want the reality is start listing the FA's in the last 3-5 years that have added to that W total. You'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple and of those most aren't starters. I know it's not popular but it you aren't adding guys who help get you Ws in FA then is that system really helping the team?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do think the jury's still out. There's a lot to be said for getting to the playoffs every year and seeing where you go from there.  But at the same time, if you're not quite good or balanced enough to win the championship, you could go down in history like the K-gun Bills . . . or the Dan Marino Dolphins.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think getting top the playoffs is their only goal. I understand  your arguement but I think the philosophy they have implemented in their minds gives them the best chance to win the SB year in and year out.

As a fan i would love to see them make big splashes in free agency and trade up every year but in the reality of how the league is structured they think they have identified the best sysytem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, BB is playing tiddleywinks.

[/QUOTE]

Why should anyone pay any attention to a troll like you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My question is has BB started playing yet or is he still dusting off the chess board?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

C'mon, we all know that the only way to build a competitive team, is to come out and blow your wad on Day 1. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'mon, we all know that the only way to build a competitive team, is to come out and blow your wad on Day 1. 

[/QUOTE]

MB - I have never seen you criticize BB, the GM. Maybe you have and I missed it. Consider this. Belichick the GM has had 2 significant assets for the past 12 years (ie. TB and BB the HC).  Take one of them away and the PATS are most likely  not a playoff team. Take both of them away and they aren't a .500 team.   And Belichick, the GM, has made more than his share of head scratching moves over the years, that are well documented.  I firmly believe that during TB's last 12 years of his career, assuming he retires after the 2016 season, he and the PATS will have gone 0 for 12 in winning a Lombardi. You clearly have more knowledge of upcoming drafts than most and it seems you have universal respect among posters regarding the annual draft thread. Can you share your honest critique of BB, the GM, listing his stengths and weaknesses ? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Perhaps coach needs a new GM. cause his chess skills are Rusty

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

When you are a couple players away from having a legit shot at the title then opening your wallet on day one could make all the difference in the world.  Just think, another piece or 2 in 2007, 2010, 2011, maybe even last season...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Coach em up, thats all we need to do

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most in here are premature wad blowers anyway.............

Sections
Shortcuts