BB Press Conference 2 PM Wed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: BB Press Conference 2 PM Wed

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Again, as predicted, BB will make a statement, probably answer a few questions and that will clear out the Hernandez talk from here on out.

His statement will acknowledge the Hernandez arrest and he'll also ease away letting the press know the organization only speaks in depth about current Patriots players.

No player will field questions on the matter once camp officially opens on Thursday with them hitting the field on Fri.

Much to the chagrin of RKrap and Company who somehow think they are owed more.

wow, thats brilliant. Did you think that one up on your own?

I have shifter course on this issue, which I stated about 10 days ago. This is bigger than BB. Kraft or Goodell needs to speak up on the criminal element in the league. There have been 43 arrrests to date this year. Last year, there were 45 the entire year. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The NCAA will be done with very shortly...where have you been, under a rock? There is no need to chase the NCAA, it is a thing of the past...bye, bye NCAA 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I was pulled off of the stadium this morning to get over to Fenway for the Pedey presser...Pedey news should be the lead on 6:00pm SC.

I am out of the loop on the goings on at the stadium this afternoon...as of this morning, NFL Net has a very large contingent setting up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wow this was hard to predict right,when it the coaches job to address the media.This ego thing you got going  has to go.If your ego wasnt so big it be easier to have dicussions wth you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

The NCAA will be done with very shortly...where have you been, under a rock? There is no need to chase the NCAA, it is a thing of the past...bye, bye NCAA 

SOurce?

give me a break..you know all of my sources. maybe you shud follow the leader more often and listen and learn rather than always yapping about things you are clueless on

big 6 football conferences break away from the NCAA and all of the non football sports from those leagues follow....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"I only talk about players on this team, next"

"Thank you"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

^^ Troll turds

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

^^ King Dweeb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Let's see how the new guy does here...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/23/the-globes-ben-volin-on-toucher-rich-what-will-belichick-say-on-wednesday/

BOSTON (CBS) – The New England Patriots begin training camp this week, and head coach Bill Belichick is set to address the media Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m..

It will be Belichick’s first time at the podium since the arrest of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. While owner Robert Kraft has addressed the story, Belichick has not, and it’s not clear if he will in fact talk about Hernandez, or take the Belichick-route with it.

While some think Belichick will give the old “it is what it is”-type answer, or put it off all-together, The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin thinks the head coach will address it and move on.

“Maybe I’m naïve because I’m the new guy in town, but I do think he’s going to tackle it head on, at least as much as Bill Belichick will do it. I think he’ll come out and have a statement about Aaron Hernandez and probably answer a few questions about it,” Volin told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher & Rich on Tuesday.”He won’t say much and probably say it’s an ongoing investigation. You won’t hear him pour his heart out and say they made a mistake, but at least hell talk about it – how surprised he was that a guy could live a double-life off the field and how they didn’t see it coming.

“It won’t be anything too enlightening, but I do think he has to address it to make it go away. If he sticks his head in the sand it’ll look like they’re hiding something,” said Volin. “He’ll rip off the Band-Aid and get it out of the way tomorrow and then say he’s never discussing it again.”

“They’ve probably already gone over what they’ve said, and they’ve probably already got over what the captains will say on Thursday,” he said. “They’re not going to exactly support Aaron Hernandez but they won’t come out to harshly either. They’ll play it down the middle and just address this thing– that’s what people have wanted.”

“(By addressing it) it gets the media out of the way,” said Volin. “Give CNN their sound bite and they can just go away and everyone can move on from this thing.”

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Again, as predicted, BB will make a statement, probably answer a few questions and that will clear out the Hernandez talk from here on out.

His statement will acknowledge the Hernandez arrest and he'll also ease away letting the press know the organization only speaks in depth about current Patriots players.

No player will field questions on the matter once camp officially opens on Thursday with them hitting the field on Fri.

Much to the chagrin of RKrap and Company who somehow think they are owed more.

wow, thats brilliant. Did you think that one up on your own?

I have shifter course on this issue, which I stated about 10 days ago. This is bigger than BB. Kraft or Goodell needs to speak up on the criminal element in the league. There have been 43 arrrests to date this year. Last year, there were 45 the entire year. 

You have "shifter course"? What does that even mean?

Actually, I did predict that all by myself since no one else said what BB would do, as you DEMANDED BB leave Europe and fly home to make a statement after Kraft's statement, so arrogantly so.

Funny, another common sense, well sourced and reasoned prediction by myself comes true, which simultaneously shows you up. lmao

As for Goodell, dealing with these issues, I've stated by case on what I would do and it's a lot more thorough and intelligent than your approach.

This is an NCAA problem. The bowl games are MASSIVE moneymakers. This means colleges have done things to look in other directions to protect their asset, which is a bowl appearance. That's why they've fought having a playoff, while increasing the amount of bowl games.

I mentioned how Paterno and Co. hid Sandusky. It's all tied to the same problem.  In fact, this is now a goverment issue like roids have been with regards to it being a potential health threat to society. Roids, you don't want kids in the 6th grade pumping roids because Ryan Braun did and it's accepted.

It's no different with agents working in collusion with the NCAA and the top tier NCAAF programs who are doing things behind the scenes, which in turn, creates an attitude of entitlement for these younger players.

I've also mentiond the Millennial Gen as a sidebar topic of discussion.

But, until the NFL, the agents who work between the NFL and the college level, and the NCAA all come together with protocols and strict regulations for any funny business at the NCAA level, this will not be minimized in future years.

Notice all these PED guys with the Adderrall or whatever else are all like 1st or 2nd year players. Entitled, Millennial Gen guys.

It's a huge, huge problem.

I would up the punishments for drug tests (I am pro marijuana legliazaltion) because if you can't keep straight during the season and it takes 3 or 4 tests for you to be suspended, it sets a bad example.  It means your not committed. And, if you're on a scholarship, which let's face it, most of these athletes are, that makes it worse. 

Even some of their degrees sound completely made up. It's a joke.

1. You might not test positive every time.

2. You shouldn't getting that many chances.

Or, don't test for marijuana like you don't for underage drinking by the same players who clearly drink during the season. Another other illegal drugs, where you test positive, 1 and done. Coke? Gone. Heroin? Gone. Crystal Meth, gone.  Right off the team and kicked out of that school. Basically, it should be no tolerance for amateur athletes, most of whom are taking tax dollars to be there in the first place, and used as a prop for the NCAA and that insitution to make the amazing profits they do make. 

Why tuition rates have quadrupled in the last 20 years is another story, but that too shows how corrupt all of this is.

Any off field crap, I think it should be a 1 and done situation. Unregistered guns, proven situations where a player starts a fight, no agent gifts or privileges (no cars, cash, etc). If an agent is caught doing something, he is disbarred from the NFL for life. Any institution caught not following the rules, has their program revoked for 10 years.  If you come with clear rules that are resonable and fair, there is no excuse. Put the onus on the NCAA and the institutions, so the amateur athlete is held more accountable.

Stuff like that.   Make it so severe, that you put the onus on the supply chain so to speak with no drop off.  Institution, student player--->agent.

There should be an oversight committe involved to also watch over the NCAA and how they institute and uphold policy. Anything the NCAA wants to do has to be approved by this committee.

Make the committee be a combo of former NCAA coaches, guys like TOm Osborne, as well as coaches from other sports who have spent decades with a quality record. 

The NCAA has gone unchecked for a long time now and their faux outrage and penalties only towards certain colleges is a joke. It doesn't solve the problem if you're just reacting to things, but turning your heads up front to the problem. It's no differren than what Selig did for YEARS with roids.  He had all these excuses, then the gov't stepped in and forced them to do something.

I am not pro gov't interference, but if you a health issue or issues that are tied to tax dollars, I am.

queenie this is pathetic even for you

stop blaming everyone but the patriots and specifically bellichick and kraft for hernandez

this long-winded me thinks you doth protest too much rant is one big piece of deflection and nonsense to try to cast the blame anywhere but where it squarely belongs: on the gm who drafted him, the coach who coached him and the owner who agreed to signing him and then agreed to re-signing him for millions...this blame the colleges crapolla is so desperate and disingenuous it would make a politician blush

really you 30-something gen-x ers are such a waste of space

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Borges the plagarizer has an article today that states BB needs to "man up" and speak, as if BB was the Capo who groomed AH in the art of thuggery! I have no problem at all with BB mildly addressing the issue and then stating he will only talk about the players that are here. Not sure why some folks (like Borges) feel a football coach and GM is obligated to give long drawn out statements on an issue BB, quite frankly, probably knows little about. Does anyone seriously think BB or any one affiliated with the Pats new the extent of AH's thuggery? Tragic circumstances but let the Police, Proecutors, and/or State Attorney provide the statments not a football coach.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Borges the plagarizer has an article today that states BB needs to "man up" and speak, as if BB was the Capo who groomed AH in the art of thuggery! I have no problem at all with BB mildly addressing the issue and then stating he will only talk about the players that are here. Not sure why some folks (like Borges) feel a football coach and GM is obligated to give long drawn out statements on an issue BB, quite frankly, probably knows little about. Does anyone seriously think BB or any one affiliated with the Pats new the extent of AH's thuggery? Tragic circumstances but let the Police, Proecutors, and/or State Attorney provide the statments not a football coach.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

+1, Quag.  I couldn't agree more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Thanks ATJ.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

BB will say the whole team has the deepest sympathy for the Lloyd family and the loss they suffered.  As far as Hernandez, he will say that's in the hands of the justice system and not a matter for the team.   Then he'll go on to say he can only talk about the players on the team . . .  If pushed, he may say something minimal about the team expecting all their players to conduct themselves in a way that does not interfere with their ability to do their job.  Beyond that, I don't expect to hear much about either Hernandez or Dennard.  I think he'll quickly move to talking about training camp.  And I really hope he does, because that's all I want to hear about.  Let's talk about football!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He will open up by reading a statement that is carefully put together by the teams attorneys. At the end of the statement he will inform the media that for many reasons he will not be answering any non football questions on this subject.

The media will ask dozens of questions regarding this subject and he will refer every single inquiry to the statement.

I don't beleive Kraft/lawyers want him answering any questions on AH regardless of if he wanted to or not.

This will set the tone for how the players and everyone in the orginization handles the AH situation going forward. Just an opinion but any info on this situation will come from Kraft and only Kraft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

He will open up by reading a statement that is carefully put together by the teams attorneys. At the end of the statement he will inform the media that for many reasons he will not be answering any non football questions on this subject.

The media will ask dozens of questions regarding this subject and he will refer every single inquiry to the statement.

I don't beleive Kraft/lawyers want him answering any questions on AH regardless of if he wanted to or not.

This will set the tone for how the players and everyone in the orginization handles the AH situation going forward. Just an opinion but any info on this situation will come from Kraft and only Kraft.

And Kraft's lawyers I'm sure have already told him to refrain from commenting anymore.  They probably would have prefered if "we were duped" comment had never been made.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I want to be the first to predict that the sun will come up tomorrow.  Remember, you heard it from me first.  I never miss on this subject.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Amen!!....this sense of entitlement is beyond sickening. Play a little damage control, give the media a couple of lawyer rehearsed lines....and move on already!! I predict a whole lot of reporters crying this afternoon because they went to Foxborough, and didn't get much....will they ever learn? LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I agree with this...should come from Kraft or Goodell only, not BB. This is bigger than BB, who did make the final decision on drafting and resigning AH, but now plays the card that "I am only a coach trying to coach the players that are here"...Let Kraft and Goodell address this growing epedemic of players in the NFL committing crimes...

I am all for letting the justice system play out as it did with Zimmerman/Martin, but EVERY AND ALL facts point to the conclusion that the Pats had a player on their team that killed at least 3 people, all while in the employ of the team.

I get it, BB is here to coach the players on the field. He is not here to discuss players that are no longer on the team. This is where Kraft and Goodell have to step up and announce a better staffed group for conducting back ground checks. IMO Goodells reputation will be decided on how he goes about cleaning up this criminal element from the NFL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

I am all for letting the justice system play out as it did with Zimmerman/Martin, but EVERY AND ALL facts point to the conclusion that the Pats had a player on their team that killed at least 3 people, all while in the employ of the team.

I get it, BB is here to coach the players on the field. He is not here to discuss players that are no longer on the team. This is where Kraft and Goodell have to step up and announce a better staffed group for conducting back ground checks. IMO Goodells reputation will be decided on how he goes about cleaning up this criminal element from the NFL

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but I disagree. I dont think Kraft or Goodell can say or do anything about increased background checks that will please the masses off football fans. That is a classic overreaction. If I am the security director for the other 31 teams I am insulted that I will be preached to or directed to do something differently because an employee of the Pats probably wasn't thorough enough. And what more would you have Pats security do, follow the players around 24/7?  Like Ronald Reagan said;  "We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." If a fellow employee where you work went out and killed somebody does that make your boss somehow culpable? Should he/she have known? I know we are talking apples/oranges here with the big money NFL contracts, but sometimes it is what it is, and the only one to blame is AH.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but I disagree. I dont think Kraft or Goodell can say or do anything about increased background checks that will please the masses off football fans. That is a classic overreaction. If I am the security director for the other 31 teams I am insulted that I will be preached to or directed to do something differently because an employee of the Pats probably wasn't thorough enough. And what more would you have Pats security do, follow the players around 24/7?  Like Ronald Reagan said;  "We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." If a fellow employee where you work went out and killed somebody does that make your boss somehow culpable? Should he/she have known? I know we are talking apples/oranges here with the big money NFL contracts, but sometimes it is what it is, and the only one to blame is AH.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats, and the NFL in general, can increase its staff to check out more players. Of course they will not check everyone, but unfortunately, they will have to do some profiling. The Pats specifically can increase security with better local and federal law enforcement contacts.(they currently emply 3 people, needs to be increased to 6 minimum) It is beyond belief that the BPD had AH as a potential suspect in a double murder, yet the Pats did not know, did not do their own checking thru their private investigative personel, nor did anyone bother to do a random who are his friends check. Shouldnt this be SOP before giving a player $40m, especially when said player has a history of shadiness, his fellow team mates have questioned his character and his associates? Tom Curren did report that certain players, who were leaders of the team, but wish to remain anonymous, did approach Pats management and voice concern...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The interesting thing about today will be seeing all the national and even international reporters there that have NO idea how to deal with BB, or conversely how BB will deal with them.  The room is going to be positively over flowing with people. 

I suspect he will read a memo that gives some information and then he will close the vault and circle the wagons.  I doubt he will take any questions given he won't want to give reporters the chance to control this subject in anyway.  And of course he has certainly been given legal counsel that will prevent him from answering most questions anyway.  It could be argued by Hernadez lawyer that the Patriots speech and actions thus far have reflected poorly on his client and cast him in a guilty light in the public view without so much as a trial. 

Sections
Shortcuts