BB Press Conference 2 PM Wed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: BB Press Conference 2 PM Wed

In response to ATJ's comment:

I must confess that I did not expect this much from BB (and said so elsewhere).  That said, I think, all in all, he was forthcoming inasmuch as he could be and handled it quite well.  

Ditto.  

Good job with a very difficult subject.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I don't think BB feels "duped" but more like he got "burned."

I honestly think Kraft had a senior moment when he said that, and both he and the lawyers regret it now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I honestly think Kraft had a senior moment when he said that, and both he and the lawyers regret it now.

You are a silly man. You are no Rusty but dude come on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Maybe he used the wrong word, maybe not.

I'm sure he feels somewhat duped or burned.  He trusted AH enough to give him a $40 million dollar contract.

Besides, weren't you the one crying about him having to make a statement and now you're saying he had a "senior" moment.  I'll bet his lawyer advised him not to say anything but people like you thought they "deserved"  a statement from Kraft and when you weren't satisfied with that you had to have one from BB.  

Who next owes you a statement?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Bill was humble and acknowledged that he was both sad and dissapointed. He obviously can't make any comments on his beliefs regarding AH's  guilt or innocence. Both he and Kraft are probably disconcerted by this whole situation. This presser is pretty much what I expected. I did not expect any more. And for those who expected more then you really should try to do some investigative stuff and track down all of AH's friends,foes, family because there might actually be a story there. I guess for the Pats its a cautionary tale and I am certain they hope nothing like this ever happens again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Bill was humble and acknowledged that he was both sad and dissapointed. He obviously can't make any comments on his beliefs regarding AH's  guilt or innocence. Both he and Kraft are probably disconcerted by this whole situation. This presser is pretty much what I expected. I did not expect any more. And for those who expected more then you really should try to do some investigative stuff and track down all of AH's friends,foes, family because there might actually be a story there. I guess for the Pats its a cautionary tale and I am certain they hope nothing like this ever happens again.

One word struck me the entire time I was watching that presser:  genuine.  I think BB gave what he could and answered as best he could.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I'm sure he feels somewhat duped or burned.  He trusted AH enough to give him a $40 million dollar contract.

Besides, weren't you the one crying about him having to make a statement and now you're saying he had a "senior" moment.  I'll bet his lawyer advised him not to say anything but people like you thought they "deserved"  a statement from Kraft and when you weren't satisfied with that you had to have one from BB.  

his senior moment was in using the term "we were duped"...I did not say him making a statement was a senior moment

and yes, I do feel that the NFL, with Goodell as the mouth piece, along with the NFL owners needs to make a statement that the NFL is putting in policy to hopefully insure the criminal element is out of the NFL.

1) larger and more piowerful security staff for player back ground checks

2) more complex psychological testing

3) contracts with morality clauses, with out exception

4) rookie symposiums that include very hard language on suspensions and banishments for crimilan behavior

I dont think any one owes me a statement. I simply think it is the right thing to do from the standpoint of a business/sports team, trying to be a "pillar in the community"

As I have mentioned before, there have been 43 crimes in the NFL this year to date. There were 45 crimes the entire year. This year the NFL has murder, DUI's and assaults including on women. The NFL is a brand that depends on the public for its income. Nikes brand value goes down when they use child labor in China. Toyotas brand value goes down when they have safety issues. The NFL's brand value goes down when there is a criminal element always in the publics face.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Unacceptable.  I demand MORE!! 

LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

As I have mentioned before, there have been 43 crimes in the NFL this year to date. There were 45 crimes the entire year.

Hell, I bet congress has that beat!! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Average NFL brand value surpasses both average MLB team value and NHL team value regardless of how many crimes are commited the NFL is doing very good business, but yeah I do expect Goodell t do something.

The Jags were bought for approx. $680m and they are the worst team in football.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It seems that the media is satisfied with BB's presser. That has to be a first.

I was listening to it on ESPN radio and they went to commercial about 5 minutes in. I guess they thought he wouldn't be so forthcoming.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

his senior moment was in using the term "we were duped"...I did not say him making a statement was a senior moment

and yes, I do feel that the NFL, with Goodell as the mouth piece, along with the NFL owners needs to make a statement that the NFL is putting in policy to hopefully insure the criminal element is out of the NFL.

4) rookie symposiums that include very hard language on suspensions and banishments for crimilan behavior

I dont think any one owes me a statement. I simply think it is the right thing to do from the standpoint of a business/sports team, trying to be a "pillar in the community"

As I have mentioned before, there have been 43 crimes in the NFL this year to date. There were 45 crimes the entire year. This year the NFL has murder, DUI's and assaults including on women. The NFL is a brand that depends on the public for its income. Nikes brand value goes down when they use child labor in China. Toyotas brand value goes down when they have safety issues. The NFL's brand value goes down when there is a criminal element always in the publics face.  

Should the same apply to ESPNs rabble of law offenders?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Did anybody notice BB never referred to Hernandez by name?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Should the same apply to ESPNs rabble of law offenders?

well Steve Phillips and Harold Reynolds were fired, among many others who were also fired

its no secret that ESPN is a boys club....there is and should be a zero tolerance rule, which ESPN does enforce...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

the guy standing next to BB at the podium was with the Pats legal staff....whether he was saying something to BB I could not tell from my vantage point. But BB was frequently looking over to him for approval or not on if he could proceed.

I do think it was his intent to not use Herns name from the beginning. I have not seen the tape, but I do believe he did mention Hern by name 1 time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

The most important part IMO is the emotion he showed,at one point kind of sounded like he was holding back tears.He gave more then I think most expected and he did a great job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course they were duped.

What did you think, the conversation went something like this?

BK: What do you think coach? Should we draft this Hernandez? He has some question marks with his behavior.

BB: Yeah Bob, he does but he claims that stuff is all behind him. What a joke.

BK: Well Bill, I don't believe a word of it either. I wouldn't be surprised if he murders somebody excecution style one of these days. But let's draft him anyway. If he does something like that we will just say we were duped.

BB: I'm with you on that Bob, guys like him never change. It's definitely the right move to take him when we know he's trouble. And we'll invest millions of our cap space into him. Yes, when it hits the fan we'll say we were duped. Perfect.

OBVIOUSLY they were duped.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

That's why the phonies like RKrap and others don't like him. He's not a phony or a fraud.

Oh just stow your weird "I got a thing for old guys fetish" dumbkoff. You're right, BB isn't a phoney, you are.

Sections
Shortcuts