BB relationship with Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: BB relationship with Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach

In response to OlderbutWiser's comment:

LOL....McCourty, Ryan, Harmon, Beauharnais, Harrison,..& Francis, Haslam, Jones...

BB's drafting as a GM is lately fixed upon defensive players from Rutgers, or so it seems, and my opinion is the selection of Rutgers players has been detrimental to the team in terms of quality versus other available players. This lack of foresight as a GM, or whatever one chooses to call it, will cost the Pats wins. Thus, my comment about BB throwing the game (through his evaluation and selection of both draft choices and determining the player roster - his role as GM).

BB has drafted multiple players in one draft from one school in the past (i.e. Florida) but there is a huge difference in the level of competition at Rutgers. He places more trust in his college coaching friends than his team advisors and professional scouts. Kraft needs to let BB coach and hire a GM for the team. Being both HC and GM is just too much for BB.

The Pats are now woeful. Some may claim their woes are due to injuries and that may be so, but then on the other hand there is a lack of depth (competitive talent) at key positions. This weakness has been explained in prior years as the result of their "system" philosophy and acquiring "value" players.  Either way it points to a failure in the general management of the team that has eventually caught up to them.

BB's tendency to take players based upon the recommendations of his friends (i.e. Schiano) versus his own scouting reports will cost the team wins. He is his own worst enemy as a GM.   

Uhh McCourty is a very good player and the rest are rookies.  Time will tell if they pan out or not but to sit there and claim that his "clouded judgement" on Rutgers players has hurt our team is a bit premature. 

P.S. - I would suggest changing your name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

LOL....McCourty, Ryan, Harmon, Beauharnais, Harrison,..& Francis, Haslam, Jones...

BB's drafting as a GM is lately fixed upon defensive players from Rutgers, or so it seems, and my opinion is the selection of Rutgers players has been detrimental to the team in terms of quality versus other available players. This lack of foresight as a GM, or whatever one chooses to call it, will cost the Pats wins. Thus, my comment about BB throwing the game (through his evaluation and selection of both draft choices and determining the player roster - his role as GM).

BB has drafted multiple players in one draft from one school in the past (i.e. Florida) but there is a huge difference in the level of competition at Rutgers. He places more trust in his college coaching friends than his team advisors and professional scouts. Kraft needs to let BB coach and hire a GM for the team. Being both HC and GM is just too much for BB.

The Pats are now woeful. Some may claim their woes are due to injuries and that may be so, but then on the other hand there is a lack of depth (competitive talent) at key positions. This weakness has been explained in prior years as the result of their "system" philosophy and acquiring "value" players.  Either way it points to a failure in the general management of the team that has eventually caught up to them.

BB's tendency to take players based upon the recommendations of his friends (i.e. Schiano) versus his own scouting reports will cost the team wins. He is his own worst enemy as a GM.   

Uhh McCourty is a very good player

[/QUOTE]

They always move players from the position they were drafted for because that are very good at it, just like they always trade for bad boys to fill the position that "very good player" was drafted for.

LMAO Learn the game squirt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I'll be interested to see whether DMC and the other ex-Rutgers guys seek out Schiano before/after the game.

They're probably tired of seeing him, seen him enough the last month.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uhh McCourty is a very good player

[/QUOTE]

They always move players from the position they were drafted for because that are very good at it, just like they always trade for bad boys to fill the position that "very good player" was drafted for.

LMAO Learn the game squirt.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that DMC hasn't played well at safety?  Are you saying that DMC didn't have an All-Pro season as a rookie?  I don't think anybody is debating about his sophomore season.  He played pretty poorly from the naked eye.  I'll take 2 great seasons with a somewhat poor season, which could have been attributed to him playing through injuries or other various factors that we don't know about, any day of the week.

It must suck to dislike every player on your favorite team Frown  Speaks volumes of your fandom

P.S. aren't you the one that used to cry when I poked fun at your age?  Now you're at it with "squirt" on top of your usual "little twit."  Hmmmmm tsk tsk Babe.  Here comes the spin that you're not really implying anything of age when you say little twit and squirt.  LMAO@U

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Oh you didn't hear? There's at least a dozen posters here that tell us daily how bad BB is at drafting and being a GM. So bad in fact that we've been to 5 superbowls in a dozen years, and make the playoffs and have a shot (almost) every year. Yep...fire BB...guy is such a bum!!  ;-)

Weren't a lot of the players who won the 3 Superbowls including Tom Brady actually drafted or brought in by Bobby Grier who was fired after the 2000 draft?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" If NE loses to Tampa Bay this coming Sunday, will there be doubts in anyone's mind that BB possibly threw the game to help out his friend?"

maybe the dumbest sentence ever to appear in this forum and I realize that is a strong statement. 

As for Rutgers, well, Belichick likes smart players with questionable athletic ability so it seems a good fit, does it not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Maybe BB is "loyal" to a fault?  One example is Ocho. It's possible that his relationship with Ocho may have affected his judgement when he signed him up. That didn't really turn out that well in that case.

I'm sure some could argue that BB let McDaniels and the Broncos win against the Patriots too....but the idea of BB throwing a game seems unrealistic/implausible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

Maybe BB is "loyal" to a fault?  One example is Ocho. It's possible that his relationship with Ocho may have affected his judgement when he signed him up. That didn't really turn out that well in that case.

I'm sure some could argue that BB let McDaniels and the Broncos win against the Patriots too....but the idea of BB throwing a game seems unrealistic/implausible.

Yea I would say so. I wouldnt have minded if he had not royally stunk up the joint and everytime he DID make a catch, he was taken off the field. Just weird all around and he wasnt cheap either. Then they restructure and cut him?! Same with Adalius who he befriended at the Pro Bow. Most likely came away impressed and then 2 years later he was released for being late?   I just hope BB writes a book after he retires and explains some of the quirky sh*t that went on here when its all said and done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

I am wiser, but who will listen?

What does this team need to improve...WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, CB, S...some multiple.

It isn't all coming next year. By the time the pieces are put together for a serious run at the trophy in the parity league Brady is done. 

I've been wrong before and may be wrong now, but perhaps it is best to say Brady has two years, maybe three, to go and just maybe we could get some pieces together for the next QB up if we traded him now for a player or two and a high draft pick.