BB sends a message........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: BB sends a message........

In Response to Re: BB sends a message........:
    [QUOTE]Laz, are you OK?  After the birth of his second child yesterday, Tom Brady arrived -- on time -- today at the Patriots facility intent on making this a normal week.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Perfectly...just tough to transfer intentional sarcasm through cyberspace when You're blind from staring at 1000 data spreadsheets through the day.  8^)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : Perfectly...just tough to transfer intentional sarcasm through cyberspace when You're blind from staring at 1000 data spreadsheets through the day.  8^)
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Take a breather

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : Not always dude... what if you came from North Haverbrooke, and the roads were moving, but I came in from Ogdonville where they haven't plowed yet???
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Steve, if everyone coming from a certain direction was late due to snow or an accident they wouldn't have been sent home. It's Rte 95 to Rte 1 and it wasn't a storm, it snowed for a couple hours and turned to rain. There's next to nothing on the ground. 

It's complacency and that's why they got sent home

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Heard on WEEI, that Belichick and Brady were totally cought off guard that the press got wind of this  tweet,tweet,tweet

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

We're talkin' practice man,practice man not a game, not not not not a game we're talkin' practice.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

btw I hate A.I.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]We're talkin' practice man,practice man not a game, not not not not a game we're talkin' practice..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI btw I hate A.I.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

I'd love to hear what BB would think of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

BB would KO AI PDQ...LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When I was a kid, the punishment for skipping school was suspension, meaning you got to stay home, which is where you wanted to be in the first place.

I don't know if there are any fines involved (and I doubt the players involved would care much either way), but for many professional athletes -- who tend to be little more than arrested adolescents -- sending them home from practice at this point in the season is giving them exactly what they want.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

4 players were late and got sent home

why are people reading so much into this... BB did the right thing and it doesnt make Randy all of the sudden a bad person

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]I'll agree with NEGAME...Hi hottie!!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

I second the second part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Maybe Randy's kids had a school delay and he just couldn't make it on time?  I'm sure he called.

Seriously though, most everyone trying to read something into this is entirely uptight.  Inn BB I trust to send tardy players home.  We all know that Bills decision making lately has been spot on.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE] We all know that Bills decision making lately has been spot on.  
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

snicker

chuckle

guffaw

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I am very happy to hear about it, don't agree that Guyton has not played well but AT, RM and Burgess are not playing well.  Randy has never gone hard every play but we need him to start specially if we are struggling.  I lost all hope on AT and Burgess, I only hope they play well enough to get something for them on a trade this offseason.  Specially AT, I remember how everyone was so excited about this guy coming and he's done nothing to live up to the hipe.

I hope RM handles this like a pro, if he does not who will be the veteran to step in and put him back in line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seriously what the hell is BB thinking these days. Your don't banish people from the practice. His coaching moves this year have cost a lot of games so he should be in a 5:00am. I hope this doesn't drive moss out of town.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously what the hell is BB thinking these days. Your don't banish people from the practice. His coaching moves this year have cost a lot of games so he should be in a 5:00am. I hope this doesn't drive moss out of town.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

To crono and ALL:

~I'd be lying if I said that I WASN'T concerned regarding How Randy Moss handles this very tough authoritative stance from Belichick (because, Yes, There's been past precedents of Moss giving an attitude, or just plain giving up when the proverbial you-know-what hits the fan)...  BUT Ya know what?  F- Moss IF He gives up OR gets an attitude.  The reason I LOVE My New England Patriots football team, Moreso than EVER before during the reign of Bill Belichick, Is NOT because of the Championships (seriously)...  It's Because under BB, NOONE is a prima dona...NOONE is greater and better than The Team. 

There's noone calling themselves "Ochocinco" and making dramatic on-field spectacles for Sportscenter highlights AND There's NO T.O. running players and even coaches out of town for not calling his number in more play-sets  Even Tom Brady, who's not out doing 37 GQ Commercials and demanding many 10's of millions from the Team's Cap, Stays pretty darn humble and low-key, and He even takes pay-cuts for the team's benefit. 

So once again, F Randy Moss IF he starts getting an attitude.  This is a TEAM sport and during BB's tenure here in New England, I can't even think of another Professional Sport's Team that has better demonstrated the unheralded, selfless, hard-working "T-E-A-M" Concept BETTER than The Patriots at many times have shown over this decade.  UNFORTUNATELY, They are NOT showing these traits Right Now.  And UNFORTUNATELY, Some people might have to be cast aside because of this lack of selfless TEAM traits, like care, discipline, hard-work, and right attitude.  Maybe THIS is EXACTLY what BB is trying to say to Each and ALL the Players on this Pat's Team...and if Moss has to go, fine.     

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : To crono and ALL : ~ I'd be lying if I said that I WASN'T concerned regarding How Randy Moss handles this very tough authoritative stance from Belichick (because, Yes, There's been past precedents of Moss giving an attitude, or just plain giving up when the proverbial you-know-what hits the fan)...  BUT Ya know what?  F- Moss IF He gives up OR gets an attitude.  The reason I LOVE My New England Patriots football team, Moreso than EVER before during the reign of Bill Belichick, Is NOT because of the Championships (seriously)...  It's Because under BB, NOONE is a prima dona...NOONE is greater and better than The Team.  There's noone calling themselves "Ochocinco" and making dramatic on-field spectacles for Sportscenter highlights AND There's NO T.O. running players and even coaches out of town for not calling his number in more play-sets  Even Tom Brady, who's not out doing 37 GQ Commercials and demanding many 10's of millions from the Team's Cap, Stays pretty darn humble and low-key, and He even takes pay-cuts for the team's benefit.  So once again, F Randy Moss IF he starts getting an attitude.  This is a TEAM sport and during BB's tenure here in New England, I can't even think of another Professional Sport's Team that has better demonstrated the unheralded, selfless, hard-working "T-E-A-M" Concept BETTER than The Patriots at many times have shown over this decade.  UNFORTUNATELY, They are NOT showing these traits Right Now.  And UNFORTUNATELY, Some people might have to be cast aside because of this lack of selfless TEAM traits, like care, discipline, hard-work, and right attitude.  Maybe THIS is EXACTLY what BB is trying to say to Each and ALL the Players on this Pat's Team...and if Moss has to go, fine.     
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Moss never did anything, he was late in a snowstorm, and already you are saying f-moss and he has to go. Look at his stats dummy. Do you really want him to leave.

All the patriots need to do is show up and play on Sunday. They are a good team and will bounce back from this slump. This stupid dicipline junk is just demening to the players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Does Moss have a history of barely showing up on time?  Never stays late?  If he does, then yeah send him home.  But if he doesn't, should he drive dangerously during bad weather if he finds himself in slow moving traffic?

I think Bill should have simply said...  "Hey guys, glad you're here safe, try to be here on time and do a better job of anticipating extra drive time during bad weather"    Would that be so hard?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : Moss never did anything, he was late in a snowstorm, and already you are saying f-moss and he has to go. Look at his stats dummy. Do you really want him to leave. All the patriots need to do is show up and play on Sunday. They are a good team and will bounce back from this slump. This stupid dicipline junk is just demening to the players.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

See...NOT saying that at all.  I'm saying IF randy Moss gets an attitude because of this, THEN F 'em.  Big difference.  Call it what-you-will...  But IF showing up late doesn't translate to things like discipline, good attitude and work ethic, THEN It at the very least translates to a simple lack of professionalism and a somewhat cavalier attitude by a suppossed Leader in a big-name industry who's making millions and counted on by MANY to simply plan-a-freakin'-head.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I once played football for a real a s s of a coach and he disiplined hard and was hated by most of us and didnt really inspire any of us to play hard for him or ourselves.  But here is the rub, whenever someone was late to practice they were NEVER sent home since practice is very important for the entire team to work togther.  The coach would come up with other forms of punishment like extra sprints when the entire team watched or having to appoligize to the entire team at the team meeting at the end of practice and making state to all that it would not happen again.  Much more constructive than sending players home who need the work and then some.  Belicheck has lost something ever since he got divorced and started dating that giant tited b i m b o.  It all started with the SB loss to that Manning d w e e b.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Sure A message was delivered., but did banning a few players from practice instill confidence in the offensive gameplan, get us some cornerbacks or muster a running game? A hollow move, that was simply a power play for BB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Sure A message was delivered., but did banning a few players from practice instill confidence in the offensive gameplan, get us some cornerbacks or muster a running game? A hollow move, that was simply a power play for BB.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

I don't know but it certainly told them who the boss was. That's exactly what it was, a power play. If you're a player who cares you'll show up on time. If you're a player who wants to win the SB you'll be there way early demonstrating leadership and dedication to get the W.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

[QUOTE]I once played football for a real a s s of a coach and he disiplined hard and was hated by most of us and didnt really inspire any of us to play hard for him or ourselves.  But here is the rub, whenever someone was late to practice they were NEVER sent home since practice is very important for the entire team to work togther.  The coach would come up with other forms of punishment like extra sprints when the entire team watched or having to appoligize to the entire team at the team meeting at the end of practice and making state to all that it would not happen again.  Much more constructive than sending players home who need the work and then some.  Belicheck has lost something ever since he got divorced and started dating that giant tited b i m b o.  It all started with the SB loss to that Manning d w e e b.
    Posted by RedSoxvsGiants[/QUOTE]

Right on...So that makes me wonder if BB is pulling something here? Maybe this was planned to get players attention? Focus? This can't be the first time he's ever had a chance to send a player home for being late but it's the first time I've heard of him doing it. BTW I played high school ball and our coach was a jerk too. WE played hard because once your on the field it's fun and you want to win. The hard part is getting up for practice...see what I'm saying?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

When smart people do something that looks dumb, there is always a "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" behind it; a piece of the puzzle you don't see.  Do you really think he does that anytime players are late?  It's far more likely that he delivered a strong message to his players about this week, the team, and the importance of stepping up.  He probably placed added emphasis on practice this week.  Maybe these guys have been doing that often?  We don't know.  Maybe he's detected an attitude out of them lately and has a trigger finger.

I will not condemn Moss or any of the other players because of this, and I think Moss is great.  That said, "IF" any of those players has copped an attitude, the team is better off without them.  I don't care how good you are.  We have a young team and if there is a veteran in the locker room copping an attitude or undermining the coach, the negative effects are greater than the loss of the player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]How would you feel if one of your co-workers just had a baby and still made it on time and you didn't?  It really doesn't matter but I wonder where they were all coming from for TB to beat them? ~One Question: WAS their practice yesterday, and did Brady Miss out on it?  Because honestly, IF He did...that's just unexcusable.  I mean, I hope he got sent home AND fined if he did.  Lucky, I'm not HC...I probably would have thrown him off the team.  Unless He was just late and/or left early...in which case, I'd bench him, fine him, then just trade him next year, BUT not kick him off the team (that's just way too harsh).  Pssh, Baby and Fatherhood.  Seriously, How many times does that happen in a lifetime...like a million?  He probably DROVE her to the hospital too...  I mean, what IF They got into an accident in the rush, and He sprained a toe?  Yup, No Playoffs...THAT'S where.  Seems to me tha someone cares a tad more about their wife and kids, Than they do for little old Laz here...sickening.  Where the he!! is TB's priorities?   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]hey sorry mr. new age dude, but brady absolutely did the right thing. soundsPC to talk about putting family and wifey first but in real world, if u are a soldier its your country. and in TB's case you absolutely put the PATS first. all his fame, glory, $ has come due to his affiliation with the team! gissy has other family and a mom. he will see her overnight or after practice! Tb has his priorities straight now. he had me concerned before with the suit thing and his counter-brandg! this is the kind of stuff that aligns him with brady and the values of his team. did belichick miss time when his dadda died? NO! guys who have in past like seymour did not get to start the followg week. its team and football BEFORE family. most of us wont say it aloud but those will real testosterone in their body know what i b talking about! 

it ticked me off when pedroia did it but i excused it for he plays a more girly-wimpy sport with 162 games. tom is bak to being a football man! bak to being a real parcells-belichick guy! he will be resigned at this rate!  

Sections
Shortcuts