BB sends a message........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: BB sends a message........

In Response to Re: BB sends a message........:
    In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : hey sorry mr. new age dude, but brady absolutely did the right thing. soundsPC to talk about putting family and wifey first but in real world, if u are a soldier its your country. and in TB's case you absolutely put the PATS first. all his fame, glory, $ has come due to his affiliation with the team! gissy has other family and a mom. he will see her overnight or after practice! Tb has his priorities straight now. he had me concerned before with the suit thing and his counter-brandg! this is the kind of stuff that aligns him with brady and the values of his team. did belichick miss time when his dadda died? NO! guys who have in past like seymour did not get to start the followg week. its team and football BEFORE family. most of us wont say it aloud but those will real testosterone in their body know what i b talking about!  it ticked me off when pedroia did it but i excused it for he plays a more girly-wimpy sport with 162 games. tom is bak to being a football man! bak to being a real parcells-belichick guy! he will be resigned at this rate!  
    Posted by bubbazilla

If I believed that you actually understood the inherent satire within my post, or he!!, IF I even understood your above op-ed commentary about my initial posting, well...Then we could start something called a "conversation."  Perhaps not even then though...Since after reading your post my mind's wandering off the N.E. Patriots, and onto things like the pitfalls in not having selective breeding and wondering how many people there are on this planet that trully have understepped mankind's last evolutionary leap...but these things are as foreign as vocabulary is to you (the best was the "and you know what i b talking about" part).  God help us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to BB sends a message........:
    A.Thomas, RMoss , D Burgess, G Guyton were all sent home from practice today as they were late getting there due to weather.BB always works like this but these guys excluding Moss have not delivered at all this year and need a wake up call. I hope this does it!!!!!!! Thomas has not done a thing as well as Burgess..he is a huge disappointment................
    Posted by EASON11

Eason, 
    I have to disagree with you slightly. Guyton has had a few games where he's played well filling in before Mayo returned. Moss, is a slightly different story. Throughout his career, Randy has shown he's not the type of player who will fight w/the DB for the pigskin, as evidenced by Vontae Davis's interception on a poorly thrown Brady pass. 
    Juxtapose that with Sam Aiken's effort on his 81 yd td reception and the all out attempt he made on another poorly thrown pass and you can see why Wes Welker is publicly displaying frustration about his team's play. Wes is carrying this team offensively, but his success comes with a price. Those routes over the middle are are leaving him susceptible to some serious hits. He's a marked man. 
    I said earlier Derrick Burgess is a complete waste of a roster spot and draft pick as for Adalius Thomas, shortly after he came to the Patriots, there was a brief confrontation between him and Ray Lewis. Ray was of the opinion that among other things, AT wasn't or had not played up to his potential while a member of the Ravens. Bill giving him a healthy scratch earlier in the season lends further credence to this argument. Say what you want about Ray Lewis, but he was right.

I hope this is temporary, but Patriot Place is beginning to resemble Peyton Place. Nothing but drama.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : To crono and ALL : ~ I'd be lying if I said that I WASN'T concerned regarding How Randy Moss handles this very tough authoritative stance from Belichick (because, Yes, There's been past precedents of Moss giving an attitude, or just plain giving up when the proverbial you-know-what hits the fan)...  BUT Ya know what?  F- Moss IF He gives up OR gets an attitude.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

What concerns me is that Moss seems to be grouped with the already bad attitude guy, Thomas.  When a few (or more) start griping, it's like cancer.  Ironically, neither player has been tearing it up this year.  Of course, Thomas has not lived up to anywhere near his billing from a few years, ago.

Perhaps, TB needs a new fleet of WR's?  Consider the team acquiring another batch and a TE or two (i.e. one from draft) to get the offense cranking.

Collective grumbling is not a NE Patriots trait.  Curiously, Thomas seems to be almost antagonising his situation.  Players on the way out can have a bad influence on those who might also be frustrated for other reasons.  (Misery loves company.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

IMO, keep Welker get rid of the rest.  Start over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

All,
    This message has to be taken in the context of the past months.  If everyone was performing at a high level (2007?) he'd cut a lot of slack.  However, in the context that we all saw from AD, RM etc, they are taking too many plays off.  Why is not Moss jumping higher, knocking down INTs etc.. whatever BB perceives they should be doing but are NOT, over the past month or so is what earned them this punishment.

RM has to understand that NE can't provide him record breaking years all the time... how he responded to that is the issue so far...

Anyone watching the past games have noted his "disappearence" in the second half.

Now, for the "slap on the wrist" poster saying "don't do it again"... maybe that was already said... you don't know....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : What concerns me is that Moss seems to be grouped with the already bad attitude guy, Thomas.  When a few (or more) start griping, it's like cancer.  Ironically, neither player has been tearing it up this year.  Of course, Thomas has not lived up to anywhere near his billing from a few years, ago. Perhaps, TB needs a new fleet of WR's?  Consider the team acquiring another batch and a TE or two (i.e. one from draft) to get the offense cranking. Collective grumbling is not a NE Patriots trait.  Curiously, Thomas seems to be almost antagonising his situation.  Players on the way out can have a bad influence on those who might also be frustrated for other reasons.  (Misery loves company.)
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

paob, btown and ALL:

Good posts guys.  And The more and more I look at things, It seems Randy Moss has a serious choice to make.  He is just a supreme talent, as evidenced by his million TD year in '07.  IMO He could be just be lights out each and every game, each and every play.  But he DOES seem to disappear at times-I feel that in the games, (back to even the Giants SB) when it looked like we surely could lose, Moss sorta-Let's the game (or even to a degree, this season) take whatever course it appears to be headed in without stepping up to the challenge with, what We've ALL seen at times, are His crazy skills. 

Well aware that Randy Moss NOT potentially giving a complete and total effort Is STILL better than 90% of the WRs in the League.  So, I know this is heretical, But like I said, Those H.O.F. skills that We ALL know he has, are somewhat conditional by game and season factors.

Just giving Moss some tough love here, Because We know He can be that H.O.F. Receiver year-long and that Good Locker-Room Leader, Because We've seen it from him.  We have NOT seen these same traits from people like Burgess and AD.  And so I, too, Don't want him grouped with these types.   I'm really hoping for Moss to step up and-quoth the immortal Eminem-"Put a curse of authority in the face of adversity as a soldier."

Sections
Shortcuts