BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

A win is a win, but when all you harp about is using the month of December as a prep stage for the playoffs you can't have game like these.

We came out slow again, but by the end of the first possession of the second half the game was easily won. However, in the playoffs anything can happen and BB just let his team slip into mediocrity. He let his defense get soft and it made our defense look like a joke. Our offense went away from play calling that was working earlier.

Simply put, I wasn't nervous, but if this was a playoff game I would have though we could have possibly lost the game. No one has allowed the Colts to look this good all year, except us. BB was either testing his schemes or he had a serious mental lapse and took his foot off the pedal.

Anyone else feel there was much more left to be desired on the field today? I know I am not proud of this win and I definitely would not talk up this win even without the easy garbage time points posted by the Colts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

Agreed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Teams going nowhere with this defense.
    Tebow

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    Teams going nowhere with this defense. Tebow
    Posted by TD_Jesus

Wow...Now we have Denver fans on this forum. When the Pats beat the Broncos this Sunday, will you still grace us with your holy presence?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

i've supported the defense all year but have to admit that they play like this it will be another one and done. wasting picks on guys like cunningham, wilhite, butler, ect.. have really hurt the defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

i've been watching pats game all season and what happened in that 4th qtr isnt new to me, that usually happens when they play press (garbage time)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    We came out slow again
    Posted by freediro

17 first half points is slow?  Scoring on 3 of 4 possessions?
    This game was well in hand and I attribute the last 5 minutes to letting up a bit.  Not a major concern what happened in the last 5 minutes.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : 17 first half points is slow?  Scoring on 3 of 4 possessions? This game was well in hand and I attribute the last 5 minutes to letting up a bit.  Not a major concern what happened in the last 5 minutes.
    Posted by nyjoseph

Yes we came out slow, did you not watch the game? Is it too much to ask for us to go back to our ways of scoring TD's on the first drive? Instead of hoping we can score at the end of the half and then the beginning of the 2nd half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

i've been watching pats game all season and what happened in that 4th qtr isnt new to me, that usually happens when they play press (garbage time)
    Posted by dodie2g

Agreed.  What's all the fuss, it's not the first time we have seen this.  The D does this when the game is a blow out.  They did fine until they were doing the route thing on the Colts.  Not sure when they will learn to just keep the foot on the gas until the end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Terrible, gutless showing by the defense. 

I hope people understand why BB is still trying to score points late. Even with a flawless performance by the offense, this "D" can almost lose a game to a WINLESS, last in the NFL OFFENSE like the COLTS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Yes we came out slow, did you not watch the game? Is it too much to ask for us to go back to our ways of scoring TD's on the first drive? Instead of hoping we can score at the end of the half and then the beginning of the 2nd half.
    Posted by freediro

Yup.  Watched the game.  And I had a pretty good look at a 17-3 halftime lead.  That is not coming out slow. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    A win is a win, but when all you harp about is using the month of December as a prep stage for the playoffs you can't have game like these. We came out slow again, but by the end of the first possession of the second half the game was easily won. However, in the playoffs anything can happen and BB just let his team slip into mediocrity. He let his defense get soft and it made our defense look like a joke. Our offense went away from play calling that was working earlier. Simply put, I wasn't nervous, but if this was a playoff game I would have though we could have possibly lost the game. No one has allowed the Colts to look this good all year, except us. BB was either testing his schemes or he had a serious mental lapse and took his foot off the pedal. Anyone else feel there was much more left to be desired on the field today? I know I am not proud of this win and I definitely would not talk up this win even without the easy garbage time points posted by the Colts.
    Posted by freediro

Would the Pats have played THAT soft in a playoff game? You are presuming they would. We saw the CLASSIC case of a team cruising along, up 31 - 3 going into the 4th quarter. So all the good the D did in the first three goes for naught? What did the Pats have to prove other than to satisfy your desire to crush the Colts even more??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Terrible, gutless showing by the defense.  I hope people understand why BB is still trying to score points late. Even with a flawless performance by the offense, this "D" can almost lose a game to a WINLESS, last in the NFL OFFENSE like the COLTS!
    Posted by zbellino

D-backs.
    Achilles heel ?  I hope not.
    and .... Ridley's got to get 1st downs . No creativity whatsoever!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What I am saying is that IF Bill is trying to get this team ready for the playoffs by how we play in December then this game is not a good sign of things to come. How does playing soft and letting a team roll over you at the end help their confidence and ability to stay aggressive for all 60 minutes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Anyone remember goal line stand when it counted??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Yup.  Watched the game.  And I had a pretty good look at a 17-3 halftime lead.  That is not coming out slow. 
    Posted by nyjoseph

Your looking at a whole half, that's not a start of the game that is half of the freakin game!

How did the first 2 drives go, please tell me since that is what I am talking about. We are coming out of the gate slow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

they need to start games faster than what they have been doing for the past 6 games or so. if they go 3 and out on their first 2 or 3 drives, a good team could be up 14 or 17 to zip before the patriots even score. i think a lot of the offensive problems is due to play calling, i mean they are on a drive and come to a 3rd and 1 and they throw a bomb?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What I am saying is that IF Bill is trying to get this team ready for the playoffs by how we play in December then this game is not a good sign of things to come. How does playing soft and letting a team roll over you at the end help their confidence and ability to stay aggressive for all 60 minutes?
    Posted by freediro

I can't and won't blame BB.  Hoyer's in the game, handsoff and they get nothing play after play.  They get a 1st down and the game is over instead they have to punt again and d-backs again cannot stop Garcon.
    How do you blame the coach their ?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Anyone remember goal line stand when it counted??
    Posted by SANPATT

You mean how the Colts held onto the ball for over 10 minutes, if the Colts can do it once teams like the Steelers and Ravens will do it all 60 minutes against us come playoff time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To say this defense is sub par is a compliment. The play in the secondary is terrifying - there's guys open all over the place and truthfully if they ever play a good QB again they'll never get off the field. The front seven knew what was coming and would line up accordingly and just physically couldn't win the match ups. The pass rush is abysmal. 

I wonder how this defense will improve enough to win in the playoffs, because the players that are out hurt right now are guys that really needed to play and improve themselves this season. I can't see them coming in and helping; I hope I'm wrong...I usually am.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts