BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

I am going to wait until the team actually FAILS in the playoffs to declare how upset I am about it.  You guys need to get flagged for false start.  Dang what a bunch of bummers you are.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    [QUOTE]Guys calm down! 7.5 minutes to go, they were 31-3. You guys don't think they played vanilla defense? BB know what he is doing?
    Posted by vpindi[/QUOTE]
    ======================
    I agree with vpindi that what we're seeing on gamedays is part of an overall larger BB plan.  As a fan, it's very flustrating to watch.  BB is a film and game prep nazi. Raised by his Dad to be one. I believe he was/is profoundly stung by the playoff loss to the Jets last year when some could say he was out coached or, at least, surprised.  Look how excited BB was to win in NJ this year.  I think BB is trying to get into the playoffs having shown opposing teams little to nothing, or at least little to nothing new - so playoff opponents can't effectively game plan. Especially game plan against the defense.  Not saying BB secretly has a powerhouse defense. Truth is, they're a weakness. But, given that, do you want your opponents to know in-advance, before the games really count, exactly how weak your defense is?  Seems it would make sense to confuse or surprise them, maybe giving your offense the oppty to build a lead before they figure things out.

But then again, maybe not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : I can't and won't blame BB.  Hoyer's in the game, handsoff and they get nothing play after play.  They get a 1st down and the game is over instead they have to punt again and d-backs again cannot stop Garcon. How do you blame the coach their ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BB should have had Hoyer in the early part of the 4th quarter, with all the regulars and in full court press. This is BB's chance to SEE what Hoyer has, just in case.  Game conditions are not the same as practice sessions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]To say this defense is sub par is a compliment. The play in the secondary is terrifying - there's guys open all over the place and truthfully if they ever play a good QB again they'll never get off the field. The front seven knew what was coming and would line up accordingly and just physically couldn't win the match ups. The pass rush is abysmal.  I wonder how this defense will improve enough to win in the playoffs, because the players that are out hurt right now are guys that really needed to play and improve themselves this season. I can't see them coming in and helping; I hope I'm wrong...I usually am.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

mthurl,
    this is only one of the observations i made early this year, and the whys, most attacked or ignored the messenger or (rationalized).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Apparently, it's also too much to ask both the O and the D to play 60 minutes of football. I hate seeing scrub QB's look all world against this D!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

agreed 60 min offense, defense, sp teams and coaching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Interesting, isn't it?  This whole game is being judged by what happened in the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter after the Pats were up 31 - 3.  It's hard to believe they LOST, or did they?  Hmmm...  couldn't judge by these posts.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

BB always preaches about playing 60 MINUTES!!  They have to be on it throughout or it's another "they made a few more plays than we did." 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : right, after all of those draft picks and the hype about how the patriots control the draft all they end up with is solder, hopefully cannon too. 
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

in a draft with a ton of playmakers on defense (where we needed it).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : mthurl, this is only one of the observations i made early this year, and the whys, most attacked or ignored the messenger or (rationalized).
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny that every derogatory comment ever made, you've been saying for a year now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

We have way too many b!tches for fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]the defense sucked...but the offense sat on the ball and the colts controlled the TOP in the 4th, so i cant blame the D too much...ridley sucks plain and simple...as much as people hate on Benny, at least he runs forward, not backwards like that dope
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Huh? Ridley had more yards than all the other RBs combined and had twice the YPC as the other guys.. Benny couldn't get more than 2 yards. Looked to me like Ridley was the only RB to show up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I got duped out here in Afghanistan - they didn't have the game on.  Sux it got flexed out of prime time. 

That said - yeah, what happened??  I saw Colts scored 21 in the 4th and Pats were shut out?? 

I thought maybe they took Brady out? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I got duped out here in Afghanistan - they didn't have the game on.  Sux it got flexed out of prime time.  That said - yeah, what happened??  I saw Colts scored 21 in the 4th and Pats were shut out??  I thought maybe they took Brady out? 
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Brady ended with two 3 and outs and Hoyer came in the last drive and went 3 and out. It looked like they tried to get cute with the play calling at the end and trying to get Hernandez some stats or something. They forced it to him in coverage several times and generally went away from what had worked all game. The defense let Orlovsky burn them deep several times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

a few points i bring up

1. danger dan orlovksy being from CT all u masswholes hate him...isnt that bad better than painter and could honestly start for a bad team one of best qbs stat wise in the big east ina while

2. BB was playing guys A for reps and giving guys low in the chart some time because some starters may tend to overlook this game.slater at safety,niko as ILB,3-3-5 base, ridley bjge I form, faulk starting rb are all things he is experinmeting with to perfect for the playoffs

3. next week i bet were back to chung and  moore(ihedbho cant cover)at safety and all the other clowns on the bench.

4. the soft 2 defense is meant to make them take 12 yard chunks at a time and kill the clock insuring victory....IT worked

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

BSpikes, a prevent defense is meant to make the team burn the clock to move the ball.  What it is trying to "prevent" are quick strikes to score points and let a team back in the game which is exactly what the Colts did.

If the Colts had used 8-10 minutes of clock one one drive in the fourth to score I would say they let the prevent do it's job.  But letting them drop 3 quick scores in the fourth is a total prevent failure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

cant end games w/out an effective running game. Check with the Packers. When they go up and its time to end the game , they trot out Starks and dude runs like a man posessed and usually kills the clock. Nice role players who know their role.

We would rather have Faulk back in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 ....lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

They just didn't end bad, they started bad too. Don't forget the 10+ minute drive in the first half. Pathetic defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : There is your reason why the game became closer than it should have.. so, if the team DID not go soft, the result should not have been surprising.  Blame the PLAYERS... as I did not see the game, is that your observation?  The players stopped putting out the effort you saw in the first 3 quarters, while the Colts were playing for pride just to close the gap and beat the spread.  Other than that, did you REALLY think the Pats would have lost?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

If the game was 5 minutes longer, yes.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]All I know is Im glad Jason Garrett isn't coaching the Pats.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was Awful and refreshing at the same time..

Didnt call timeout after the catch even though they had 2. (how many do you need at that point) and then you called a timout while your own kicker was ready to make a fg and he did and had to do it again. Whenever you are forced to make a kick twice, the numbers arent good for making it again. That was horrible. The Boys have found more way to lose games they have won already then any other team I know...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]All I know is Im glad Jason Garrett isn't coaching the Pats.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Or the idiot in Atlanta. 3rd and 1 on the HOU 21, down 7 with 2:35 left, and Turner in your backfield. Get a new set of downs. You don't need to tie it up immediately. Horrible coaching by Smith; that's two games he's directly cost them this year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]...ridley sucks plain and simple...as much as people hate on Benny, at least he runs forward, not backwards like that dope
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Here are the stats on the RB's....  you seriously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Ridley....

Stevan Ridley - 8 Carries for 33 Yards  4.1 YPC

BJGE             - 6 Carries for 14 Yards  2.3 YPC

Kevin Faulk    - 2 Carries for 5 yards    2.5 YPC

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts