BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

Good teams don't let a 31-3 lead become turn into a 31-24 game. And they DID start out slow. It was 3-0 at the end of one. Against a good team like Pittsburgh they could have been down 10-3 or worse. This team lacks the killer instinct. If they don't learn it they'll be one and done again.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Yes we came out slow, did you not watch the game? Is it too much to ask for us to go back to our ways of scoring TD's on the first drive? Instead of hoping we can score at the end of the half and then the beginning of the 2nd half.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Apparently, it's also too much to ask both the O and the D to play 60 minutes of football. I hate seeing scrub QB's look all world against this D!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]they need to start games faster than what they have been doing for the past 6 games or so. if they go 3 and out on their first 2 or 3 drives, a good team could be up 14 or 17 to zip before the patriots even score. i think a lot of the offensive problems is due to play calling, i mean they are on a drive and come to a 3rd and 1 and they throw a bomb?
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

Start faster???  Are you serious???? They had ONE possession the whole first quarter because the defense let an 0-11 team go on a NINETEEN play drive.  Man lay off the  Rusty Kool-aid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

^ I fully agree with the 3 posts after mine, glad some people here are looking for some way the team can get better.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Pats D is pathetic. McCourty is terrible. They play better without him . If this was a scheme by the coaches, they are to blame then. The new QB looked like manning out there. He outplayed Brady. Had 80% completio rate. A nobody! Had more yards the Brady. In the 4 th quarter the offense was terrible. Not just the defense. War an embarrassing performance. You think they will beat Denver and their D and Tebownwith that effort? No way. BB should be pissed. And embarrassed. 21-0 Indy in the 4th quarter. 52-7 was the score when Brees destroyed them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Looking at the posts in this discussion, we have a group of fans who are VERY SPOILED and will not be happy with any win unless it is a 63 - 0 shutout, it appears.  There is another team on that field who is trying too!!  From what I hear, Garcon made some OUTSTANDING catches in the 4th and the offensive subs for the Pats did diddly squat.  No catches and better sub play and we may have seen a different final score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Start faster???  Are you serious???? They had ONE possession the whole first quarter because the defense let an 0-11 team go on a NINETEEN play drive.  Man lay off the  Rusty Kool-aid.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

did you even watch the game? they scored only 3 points until there was 2:57 left in the first half. starting faster includes both sides of the ball... what would hapen if they played a team like the packers?   i don't drink anyones coolaid dude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Pats D is pathetic. McCourty is terrible. They play better without him . If this was a scheme by the coaches, they are to blame then. The new QB looked like manning out there. He outplayed Brady. Had 80% completio rate. A nobody! Had more yards the Brady. In the 4 th quarter the offense was terrible. Not just the defense. War an embarrassing performance. You think they will beat Denver and their D and Tebownwith that effort? No way. BB should be pissed. And embarrassed. 21-0 Indy in the 4th quarter. 52-7 was the score when Brees destroyed them
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Not fair.  If Brady was playing against the Pats D he would have had 600 yards and 8 TD passes....in the first half!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the posts in this discussion, we have a group of fans who are VERY SPOILED and will not be happy with any win unless it is a 63 - 0 shutout, it appears.  There is another team on that field who is trying too!!  From what I hear, Garcon made some OUTSTANDING catches in the 4th and the offensive subs for the Pats did diddly squat.  No catches and better sub play and we may have seen a different final score.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

there are fans that think that this team should be a superbowl contending team and are pointing out that efforts like today wont make it past the first round. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I got to think Belichick is sitting in his office right now thinking, man we need to find a way to score 50 points a game because this defense is one of the worst I've ever coached. Now in fairness this defense looks a lot different than the one they envisioned having on the field - Pryor, Wright, going down and Haynesworth being a dud, but they should of drafted for the position better. They had the ammo and ended up with a corner that is always hurt and two running backs that don't play, thank god they got Solder.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]I got to think Belichick is sitting in his office right now thinking, man we need to find a way to score 50 points a game because this defense is one of the worst I've ever coached. Now in fairness this defense looks a lot different than the one they envisioned having on the field - Pryor, Wright, going down and Haynesworth being a dud, but they should of drafted for the position better. They had the ammo and ended up with a corner that is always hurt and two running backs that don't play, thank god they got Solder.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

right, after all of those draft picks and the hype about how the patriots control the draft all they end up with is solder, hopefully cannon too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the posts in this discussion, we have a group of fans who are VERY SPOILED and will not be happy with any win unless it is a 63 - 0 shutout, it appears.  There is another team on that field who is trying too!!  From what I hear, Garcon made some OUTSTANDING catches in the 4th and the offensive subs for the Pats did diddly squat.  No catches and better sub play and we may have seen a different final score.
    are you kidding me? Personally I have been a fan my whole life and I remember how much I hated Favre back in the day for that SB loss. Ask anyone who has played football, when you are winning 31-3 by the 3rd quarter the game shouldn't end up being 31-24 against a winless team like the Colts. That is 100% embarrassing. The pats offense got subbed out with under 3 minutes to go, what does that have to do with anything? We straight up went soft and stopped being aggressive with the play calling that was working before.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : there are fans that think that this team should be a superbowl contending team and are pointing out that efforts like today wont make it past the first round. 
    Seems to many of them EVERY game is not the effort they want to see.  Seems for 3 quarters, they may have all been smiling, you figure?  Then the Subs come in and the Colts keep playing with fire...  what did they expect?  They want a perfect game all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

O'Brien and the Defense both sucked hard in closing out that game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.... We straight up went soft and stopped being aggressive with the play calling that was working before.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]
    There is your reason why the game became closer than it should have.. so, if the team DID not go soft, the result should not have been surprising.  Blame the PLAYERS... as I did not see the game, is that your observation?  The players stopped putting out the effort you saw in the first 3 quarters, while the Colts were playing for pride just to close the gap and beat the spread.  Other than that, did you REALLY think the Pats would have lost?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Seems to many of them EVERY game is not the effort they want to see.  Seems for 3 quarters, they may have all been smiling, you figure?  Then the Subs come in and the Colts keep playing with fire...  what did they expect?  They want a perfect game all the time.

they have played hard most of their games this year, the last few games in particular. the bills game and the steelers were the only games this season that they played poorly.

it looked like they let up today, like they did against the bills. they were playing well for a couple of quarters but the start and especially the finish were very bad, and wont win playoff games. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think a lot oif what we saw go wrong today points to one man - McCourty.  The guy has been nothing less than dreadful.

On the flip, did anybody notice the very nice game Mayo had?  Maybe his best of the year.

As for he O, they made a few stupid plays for some reason (to play with the play-calling?), like the bad bomb to Branch on 3rd-and-1 - an easy conversion for Benny.

I don't like that they are not letting Hoyer throw at all.  That was a couple of easy three-an-outs at the end.  Might as well let Brady hand it off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : right, after all of those draft picks and the hype about how the patriots control the draft all they end up with is solder, hopefully cannon too. 
    Look at Gronk and Hern, those are two of the biggest steals of the whole draft that year, by the way how did we get onto draft picks?

Just because some fans know BB should be getting more out of this team, doesn't mean we have to sit back and be content with every showing the Pats give us on Sunday. I swear by some of the posts on here that many fans really aren't that big of fans, happy with a simple W in win column. Oblivious off how this team has performed the last few years in the playoffs and how similar it all looks to this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien and the Defense both sucked hard in closing out that game.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

yup.. that pretty much sums it up..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

And at 31-3 they should have been imposing their will on a bad team. Running the ball, using play action. Instead they had Tom out there in the shotgun trying to pad his stats, or so it lookes to me. I'm not looking for big point spreads. i'm looking for a team that looks like it is getting better. Today I saw a soft team that plays well in stretches but rarerly puts together a complete game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : There is your reason why the game became closer than it should have.. so, if the team DID not go soft, the result should not have been surprising.  Blame the PLAYERS... as I did not see the game, is that your observation?  The players stopped putting out the effort you saw in the first 3 quarters, while the Colts were playing for pride just to close the gap and beat the spread.  Other than that, did you REALLY think the Pats would have lost?
    You know BB is all about doing your job, I watched the game and I felt like the players did their job. However, the playcalling wasn't good enough for the defense to actually be able to make a play. Of course I didn't think we would lose, I mentioned that in my first post I created. But this is about looking at this teams flaws that haven't been fixed for 2 + years now and what that means for the playoffs since BB is all about using the last month of the year to prep fo it.