BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator

I think BB should be on the phone right now talking to Jeff Fisher  about running the patriots Defense for next year. What do you all think ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator

In Response to BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator:
    [QUOTE]I think BB should be on the phone right now talking to Jeff Fisher  about running the patriots Defense for next year. What do you all think ???
    Posted by green0534[/QUOTE]

You don't think Belichick did a good job with the young defensive players this year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Fisher will be a head coach somewhere, he wont be taking a coordinator spot anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

In Response to Re: BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator : You don't think Belichick did a good job with the young defensive players this year?
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

The only way the Pats defense gets them back to winning Super Bowls is they revert back to the 01/03/04 Pats! Those units could keep high scoring teams e.g. Rams & Colts to under 14 a game whereas the post 2004 defense will give up close to 30 to the Jets! So its no surprise the Pats get 0 rings since the downfall of the defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator : The only way the Pats defense gets them back to winning Super Bowls is they revert back to the 01/03/04 Pats! Those units could keep high scoring teams e.g. Rams & Colts to under 14 a game whereas the post 2004 defense will give up close to 30 to the Jets! So its no surprise the Pats get 0 rings since the downfall of the defense.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]

Easier said than done. Let's see what they do with this year's draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

After Harrison's cheap shot to the knees I hope Jeff fischer never gets a coaching gig again. He just blew off the Harrison hit like it was nothing. It could have ended his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB should be on the phone right now talking to Jeff Fisher  about running the patriots Defense for next year. What do you all think ???

You mean because of his sterling record as a head coach (one Super Bowl appearance, a loss)? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]After Harrison's cheap shot to the knees I hope Jeff fischer never gets a coaching gig again. He just blew off the Harrison hit like it was nothing. It could have ended his career.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE] That's what I think of whenever I hear Fisher's name. He was actually laughing. He should be employed hand washing the Pat's jocks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It won't take Fisher long to land a H/C job and he'll be able to take his pick.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]It won't take Fisher long to land a H/C job and he'll be able to take his pick.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

yeah, where?? Oakland? Where else is there a vacancy?? He'll sit out this year before he goes to Oakland. All the available HC slots are done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No. Patricia is coming along very, very well, Fisher will want too much, will want a head coaching job and I don't think BB likes Fisher anyway.

Keep in mind, he'll be 74 years old this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

This is almost as good as Gruden becoming the O Coordinator.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wouldnt be surprised if Dick Lebeau wasn't swooned into a HC job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt be surprised if Dick Lebeau wasn't swooned into a HC job.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Dick LeBeau is 73.  One week as head coach would finish him off. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

LeBeau seems to old at this point to arrange another staff and try it again. If he doesn't resign, I see him retiring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Never happen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

He'll be joining the Sunday night football crew with his old buddy Dungheap and Rodney will break Fishers leg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Fisher is a tampa 2 junky
    He does employ a very aggressive SS in his 4-3 though... i like his style
    He is a very good coach in 16 years he had 5 8/8 years 2 13/3 years 1 12/4 year and a couple other winners... plus he has been to the AFC championship three times, in the super bowl once etc.

He is a very good head coach, I think he may pull a Holmgren before he becomes a coordinator...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dan't they hate each other and run totally different defenses?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

LeBeau has said if he coaches next year, it'll be in Pittsburgh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should hire Jeff Fisher as our Defensive Cordinator : yeah, where?? Oakland? Where else is there a vacancy?? He'll sit out this year before he goes to Oakland. All the available HC slots are done.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

Upon further review, I stand corrected. He probably will sit out a year rather than head to the mosh pit that is Oakland.  Perhaps it would have been better to check out which H/C slots were available before I posted. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No thanks

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

They have no need for a DC. Belichick has his own system, and Fisher would want to use his own. Besides, look at the strides these young guys have taken this year! The playoff loss aside, they developed from one of the worst in the league to one of the best. Granted they need to take it to the next level, but that will come (hopefully next season). Besides, Jeff will probably not want a DC job, and he still is going to make at least $6 million this year taking a vacation. Someone mentioned Dick LeBeau, but I don't think he wants a HC job. He loves his place on the Steelers (what DC wouldn't?), and I believe he'll stay right where he's at until he retires. I think they should keep things as they are with NE's defensive coaching. If anything they should look at an OC, to help out Brady with another mind and set of eyes. Bill can handle the defense. I think we'll see Fisher either in the media or maybe even taking a year off. He'd surely be a hot commodity at the end of the 2011 season. Now I'm wondering if Adams isn't planning to reach out to Vince Young to keep him on board. Not wise, IMO, but it's his team!

Sections
Shortcuts