BB Should Win Coach of the Year Award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

BB Should Win Coach of the Year Award

Though he won't win this award, which is generally given every season to the coach who led his team to the best turn-around season (Andy Reid in Kansas City, Ron Rivera in Carolina), who is more deserving? Year after year, BB continues to churn out 11-13 win, SB contending teams.

But, this year was special. Despite huge off-field distractions in the pre-season (Aaron Hernandez and, to a lesser extent, the Wes Welker situation) and a slew of season ending injuries to top players (Wilfolk, Mayo, Kelly, Gronk, Vollmer), the BB locomotive, run by Tom Brady, has continued to plow onward.  The ballots for this award will be turned in tomorrow.

Here's a good article on why BB should be Coach of the Year: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10224300/bill-belichick-win-coach-year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: BB Should Win Coach of the Year Award

people who don't vote for BB are most likely Obama voters!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Simply the greatest coach in sports and who has ever lived.   It's that simple.  Also, the best GM in NFL history. It just ain't close anymore.

He's like a master chef making a killer meal with whatever he has in the cabinet at the time.

This year, he's had many masterful moments including taking the wind in OT and deferring to Manning.  Utter genius.  I haven't seen a coaching exhibition like that all year in this league.

I've said it before, but this person's comments below the article mirror what I've always said:

James Murphy  ·  Top Commenter They could give BB Coach of the Year every year, that's why he doesn't win it anymore. Reply ·  2 ·  ·  48 minutes ago

Agree ...  so he won't get it.   you know who cares least...? Bill Belichick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ya got to spread the wealth....   BB gets plenty of kudos and is complimented so much as the BEST coach in the NFL, hands down. Getting the CotY really doesn't mean much since he is the best coach day in and day out, not just for ONE year! It would be like saying this year he is suddenly the best coach over all the rest.  What's the point?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My favorite part of this is how the media hates him and subsequently lied about Spygate so badly, they have a large population of sports fans thinking he did something so wrong, or something vastly different than what other teams were doing.

There is literally no pro coach in the same ballpark and it's been like this for a while now.

What makes this so aggravating, most do not even know what the core reason was for "Spygate".  Everyone jumped to the conclusion that BB actually had an advantage which led to so many wins.  Additionally, the fact so many other NFL coaches indicated what BB did was done league wide goes unnoticed to this day and BB carries the scarlet letter as the only coach who did this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'd rank this season among one of his best (first SB, and 11-5 with a QB that hasn't done anything since).  I don't know the man, but I suspect he could give a rat's patoosy about this, or any other award outside the the Lombardi trophy.  And, being a serious student of the history of the game, he has to be cognizant of his place in it:  the best coach in the salary cap era, and one of the top five in NFL history.  I'd love for him to write a book on leadership - I'd buy that in a second.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB is certainly in the convo. You have to give props to Reid and Kelly though too. Both really helped to turn those franchises around in under a year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Rivera wins this award.  

I think BB is more deserving but I could live with Rivera getting it especially if the Pats win the Superbowl.

Some voters will naturally think of almost any reason NOT to give to BB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

My favorite part of this is how the media hates him and subsequently lied about Spygate so badly, they have a large population of sports fans thinking he did something so wrong, or something vastly different than what other teams were doing.

So, for years now, there has been this built in bias and hatred when really people who love the sport should be in awe of the historical important of what this guy has accomplished and continues to accomplish.

Can anyone name a better coach in pro sports? I can't. The only one I can think of would be in the discussion would be Greg Popovich from the San Antonio Spurs, and that's a bit of a stretch since it's easier to coach in the NBA than the NFL by a mile.

There is literally no pro coach in the same ballpark and it's been like this for a while now.

This has to be put into a book written by a legit national non-Boston reprter.  Seriously there is a huge book to be written on this subject and all the Goodell BS and the changing league.

This is not a Boston story.  It is about the history of the NFL.  It is going to be a best seller. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yeah, but they'll give it to someone else. Doesn't matter if BB just lead the patriots to their 13th consecutive winning season.

BB doesn't live for the accolades, just the end result of lifting the Lombardi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Vick got hurt, which is what helped Kelly.  I wouldn't have gone to Philly because of Vick., but that is another story. 

Without that injury, Philly is not the defacto winner of that crap divison.  Philly is essentially an slightly above .500 team. If Dallas wasn't so awful, you're looking at a 9-7 club at best.  I just don't see that division's awfulness as to why Kelly was so great.

I don't think that is worthy of a COTY award.  Honorable mention, sure.

Yeah Kelly is nothing without Vick going down :)

This kinda reminds me of a coach of a team that had its franchise QB go down to injury early in a season and the sub led his team to the playoffs and a SB upset win.  It was about 10 years ago.  Maybe a little more.  Someone on the board will know who I'm thinking of.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

WOW- Kansas Pat- That is an OLD picture!

Bb winning coach of the year?You guys are kidding right?

who cares? how can you give a genius the COY the year-it would seem unfair

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

F that, the Press gives that hack Peyton Manning the MVP whenever he walks in a straight line, but when BB earns his award it needs to be shared?

Gimme a break.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

So, for years now, there has been this built in bias and hatred when really people who love the sport should be in awe of the historical important of what this guy has accomplished and continues to accomplish.

Can anyone name a better coach in pro sports? I can't. The only one I can think of would be in the discussion would be Greg Popovich from the San Antonio Spurs, and that's a bit of a stretch since it's easier to coach in the NBA than the NFL by a mile.

This has to be put into a book written by a legit national non-Boston reprter.  Seriously there is a huge book to be written on this subject and all the Goodell BS and the changing league.

This is not a Boston story.  It is about the history of the NFL.  It is going to be a best seller. 

Basically he's been on the precipice of surpassing Lombardi for a decade as the greatest coach who ever lived.   the fact that the league has tried to stack the deck against him makes it that much more apparent.   One more title ends it and you can bet your last dollar that every last gasp of gooodell influence will be put forth this postseason to derail Belichick so get ready for it.  thing is, as fans we know the truth.  Maybe some day the justice and good sense will prevail in spite of the aszholes that are lining up against us.

Sections
Shortcuts