BB Slaps Media

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: BB Slaps Media

I have the solution. Keep the media off the field. They can stand off in the runway or up against a wall but keep them off the field. I'd rather see fans running around the field crazy after a game than the media sticking cameras and Microphones in somebody's face anyway. The media serves very little purpose in that environment except to provide gotcha moments anyway.

Also, I take exception to Tom Curran and the Media in general when they say, "This is what the people want" when referring to the media's intrusive behavior. This isn't what I want and I think it sucks. I like football not Gerry Springer, reality TV coverage. This is how writers try and prop themselves up to be as important as the game when most people would be just as happy if not happier in my case, if they would just show the games and the highlights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Controversy sells and, as we all know, if there isn't enough controversy to go around, the media will happily invent some. I'm ambivalent about the post-game handshake. I mean . . .  it's not like we don't already know which coaches are deuschebags or have thin skins or haven't really grown up. This thing with Harbarguh and Schwartz is a classic example. They're both idiots. The one guy is showing up his opponent (even if he really doesn't realize he's doing it) so the other guy decides he wants to throw hands.

It's sports . . .  almost everyone involved is an arrested adolescent . . .  and the media feeds on that so it can sell cotton Dockers . . .   or . . .   you know . . .  whatever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Get over it BB. I know for some, enduring the scrutiny of people who collectively fork over multi-billions every year to watch these games is an affront to their royal person. But how hard can it be to not screw up crossing the field, sticking your paw out to the other coach, saying "good game coach", turning and walking away?

I am a little surprised BB has resorted to drama queen mode with this whining about the media over this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: BB Slaps Media:
    I have the solution. Keep the media off the field. They can stand off in the runway or up against a wall but keep them off the field. I'd rather see fans running around the field crazy after a game than the media sticking cameras and Microphones in somebody's face anyway. The media serves very little purpose in that environment except to provide gotcha moments anyway. Also, I take exception to Tom Curran and the Media in general when they say, "This is what the people want" when referring to the media's intrusive behavior. This isn't what I want and I think it sucks. I like football not Gerry Springer, reality TV coverage. This is how writers try and prop themselves up to be as important as the game when most people would be just as happy if not happier in my case, if they would just show the games and the highlights.
    Posted by Rerun85

It's not what I want either, but if I learned anything from hearing about Brady's hair from every Jet and Colt fan to grace this forum it's that there are those who watch football for the soap opera and drama. And if there isn't enough drama they make it up. You would thing any self respecting sports reporter wouldn't placate to such simpletons but....you'd be wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

^+1 ----Also, I take exception to Tom Curran and the Media in general when they say, "This is what the people want" when referring to the media's intrusive behavior. This isn't what I want and I think it sucks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Why do you even bother with this hack? He brings nothing to the table in any interview or column I've read by him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

How is this the media's fault? So what they have a camera there and film it.  All the coaches have to do is walk to the middle of the field and shake hands and leave.  How is the media messing this up?  What because BB holds grudges and hates to shake the hands of anyone when he loses???   Suck it up Bill and be a gracious winner and go over and shake hands.

How did the media create the problem in Detroit???  It was the coaches who created the problem with one being to over zealous after a win and the other being to emotional and losing his cool.  Somehow thats the media's fault? 

Ah America where everyone plays the victim card and no one takes ownership of their own actions...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Bill's right, the media is insane and now we get it full bore, 24 X 7 X 365 about too many things that are simply irrelevant, crowding out the important.  Who gives a (choose your expletive), whether the coaches shake hands, what their body language is, what they might have said to each other?  Some people must but I question their sense of what is important.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Francona went too far coddling the players (was going on for years but once vets left, it made it worse), yet the media lets him off the hook trying to blame only the players or the owners. Francona actually said "I didn't have the supprt frpm the owners".  163 million dollar payroll? 90% of MLB teams would love that payroll, Terry.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

The manager of a baseball team does not have nearly as much control over how well a team performs as a basketball or football coach.  They get too much credit when they win and when they lose.  The starting pitching was a liability all year and they absolutely blew in September as did an exhausted and overworked bullpen.  I think it's perfectly fine to blame the players in this case. Eating fried chicken and drinking beer is not an excuse for the rotation to have an almost 7 ERA for an entire month and even if you are correct and Terry coddled the players too much there is no way that it makes things as bad as they ended up.

I can't speak for everyone that is mad at ownership, but my issues with them are related to sucking so bad that Theo leaves and spreading crap about pain pills and his marriage in order to lay the blame on Tito as opposed to where it belongs (the players and in particular the starting pitching).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: BB Slaps Media : "drama queen mode" Please stop, troll. He answered a question.  He's the same coach who has been strunng up unfairly for a long time on this topic, so it's about time he confronted the unprofessional media when asked.

Spare us the idiotic and tiresome troll accusations.  BB brought scrutiny on himself by decking a cameraman and refusing to shake the rat's hand. He like some others fed the media and transformed a simple thing into an issue. HE did it, not the media.

I don't hold what he did against him. But don't cry when you could have easily avoided any criticism by just doing the simple handshake routine.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Read The Education of a Coach.  The book about BB.  There's a chapter that discusses his dad's time as a backfield coach down at Vanderbilt and how they printed a false article in the local paper about his father which sort of smeared him.  I always felt that angered him to the resentment he now has for the media.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Meh. People claim they hate the media then a Schwartz thread gets 70+ replies from people in the forum who lap it up. There job is to make people talk about things and it works.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

False. He shook his hand.  You believed the lie.  Babe exposed as NY sportsfan/troll. BB did push the cameraman out of the way, but wouldn't you do the same thing if some dork was stepping in front of you constantly? I probably would, otherwise I am a liar like yourself. BB went on to apoligize for doing that as well. You just proved you are a troll.  BB shook Manboob's hand.  The media lied JUST like with Spygate. FACT

Get over it you twit. This constant troll whine from you is asinine.

I don't care if BB shook his hand or not. If he wants to avoid controversy he should just walk over and shake the damned hand so there is no doubt. If he doesn't care about controversy he should not even bother. But to blame the media is just whining. They camera the contact between players and coaches at the end of every game. Live with it.

It's a bit ludicrous that he benches Welker for some foot jokes but puts himself in a position that can be construed as disrespecting the other team/coach. Maybe he should practice what he preaches.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Everything that goes on in a football organization, on the field, or in preparation for the season, or a game, becomes fair game for the fans to see and know. Not, of course, anything that is confidential in terms of a specific games plans by a team, let's not get crazy (I tell myself!)

Anything of a personal nature is NOT something for the fans to know. What a coach says to another should not be known, unless one of the participants opens their mouths and reveals it. Family and highly personal info, like medications, if any, they take, as long as it doesn't have a thing to do with their jobs, is not fair game.

Handshakes are reportable things because they are done within the view of the television cameras and the press. Nothing you can do about what literally goes on in the public eye, it's fair game. Also, most of these guys know that simply by saying "off the record", as long as you trust the reporter, things can be kept on the down low. In any case, if the coaches or players DON"T trust a reporter, just don't talk to them. It's really kinda easy to control the message, as Master Hoodie has learned, I'm sure the hard way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You specificaly just said he didn't shake his hand, which proves the media lies and you're a troll. No backpedaling allowed, Trollbabe. Yeah, it's a bit ludicrious for him to want his players not to draw attention to themselves THROUGH THE MEDIA as opposed to the media hoards blocking him from even being able to see the opponent's head coach at midfield, post game. How disingenous of BB. lol TROLL

Expecting that BB should be able to accomplish the simple task of shaking the other coache's hand after a game without controversy is in your view the expectation of a troll. That pretty much sums up your idiotic little act around here. Anybody who doesn't agree with your goofy take on things is a troll. Pathetic.

Sections
Shortcuts