BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth

In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : No, the purpose of the thread is to discuss the Comp Committee's PC behavior/proposals and BB's reaction to it. Personally, it's refreshing to see BB go public with his disdain for something the CC does for once.  Good for him.  Someone needs to speak up. This is a Pats board and you are an unwelcomed guest here. Keep that in mind. If you want to troll and try to deflect with your middle aged little buddy group, go do it somewhere else.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I am unwelcomed.  Got it.  Now what?

Rather than worrying about the blather, which you get so caught up with, why don't you try reading the points I've made.  If you think that I am wrong, and you don't think the NFL (whether billy boy agrees or not) is trying to cover its a*s for the future, then you explain why the focus on concussions, why the fines for concussions, why the recent statement that there will be greater fines and even suspensions for illegal hits, why the elimination of the wedge on kickoffs, why Dave Duerson wanted his brain preserved for research. 

Explain these things, if the NFL is not concerned about player health and future financial/legal risk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nice to see the public backlash work correctly and the Comp Committee tailor the original proposal.  They were called out on a poor-Polian led proposal and were exposed.

I would like to see more of this kind of public exposure for the rule changes so the Comp. Committee isn't just allowed to dictate with such black/white offerings.

Stop babbling about Dave Duerson's brain, too. It's very annoying.

These slight rule adaptions are more reasonable than the original rule changes the Comp Committee tried to propose yesterday:

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/03/modified_kickof.html">Modified kickoff, replay rules pass

NEW ORLEANS -- NFL teams voted earlier on the various rule changes submitted by the competition committee. Here’s what went down:

• Kickoffs will take place from the 35-yard line (up from the 30). Touchbacks remain at the 20. Players on the kickoff team must be within 5 yards of the ball. Teams can still use a two-man wedge. Patriots voted for the rule.
    • All scoring plays will be subject to confirmation by the replay booth, just like every play is within two minutes of the end of each half.
    • Coaches can still get a third challenge if the first two were successful.
    • Changes to the defenseless receiver rules were tabled until the May league meeting.
    • All playing fields must be green in color.
    • Procedural rule passed that eliminates the extension of a half after a 5- and 15-yard penalty enforcement that includes a deal ball personal foul against the defense.

Here is Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who said his "alarm clock just didn't go off this morning," on the kickoff changes:

On why he was strong against it yesterday but voted for it

They were getting rid of the wedge, doing a lot of other stuff. Think this is a lot simpler. It’s clean.

On whether it will affect the number of returns

It will cut down some, sure. Statistically it will....Based on the numbers, I think we’re still probably looking at at least two-thirds of the kicks being returned, maybe three-quarters. At the end of the year it goes down anyway. I mean, there’s a lot more touchbacks in the first part of the season then there are at the end. The ball just doesn’t carry as far in the cold.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

A comp committee member said they put the idea out there to generate discussion about how to move forward.  As noted, part of what was put out there was adopted - kicks from the 35.  This will result in more touchbacks which reduce the opportunity for violent hits. 

Why did they do it Russ?  Think Dave Duerson's Brain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If you knee jerked a move to change the essence of a sport because some guy committed suicide, having trouble growing older, and his other personal issues, and did that in every sport, you'd have 75 rule changes every offseason.

It's politically correct at the root.

As if altering only kick offs somehow protects the potential for another Dave Duerson incident?

The lawsuit threat is the highest of high comedy.    They do all they can to try to protect the players.

I don't see the players complaining about the speed and violence.

In fact, most if not all players are complaining about the "illegal hit" rulings and subsequent fines.

The players know the risks.

It sounds like to me Duerson was depressed after a divorce and a business collapse during this economic meltdown. Not everything is related to the idea someone played NFL football and has CTE.

Maybe he did. I am not saying don't turnover all stones, but it's ludicrous to claim the NFL is negligent with player safety when the game is that violent/physical and the players are assets to an organization. 

One step at a time here.

Financial problems weighed heavily on Dave Duerson

daveduerson

As friends, coaches and teammates of Dave Duerson, the ex-Bear who committed suicide last week, continue to ask questions about what led him to take his life, more details are coming to light about the financial problems that plagued Duerson in recent years.

Sean Jensen and Art Golab of the Chicago Sun-Times report that in September of 2010, Duerson filed for personal bankruptcy, listing almost $15 million in liabilities, including two multimillion-dollar bank loans, two mortgages on his home and $70,000 owed to his ex-wife on a divorce settlement.

Duerson also listed assets of almost $35 million, but nearly all of that was a judgment his company, Duerson Foods, had won — but not collected — in a lawsuit against food processing companies.

Aside from that uncollected judgment, Duerson had very little to show for his football career and his post-football business career; other than a car with 140,000 miles on it, his most valuable asset was a checking account containing $846.

Friends have said Duerson was shaken by his financial problems, as well as his divorce. Two months before his suicide, Duerson’s ex-wife sued him to try to collect his two Super Bowl rings (earned with the 1985 Bears and 1990 Giants) and his 1987 NFL Man of the Year trophy. That litigation drew a harsh response from Duerson’s coach with the Bears, Mike Ditka.

That’s so tragic, it’s ridiculous,” Ditka said in an interview this week with Miami New Times. “That’s something you can’t understand. First of all, if they were married– that’s your mate, why would you do that to somebody you loved? And secondly, it’s just tragic to hear that he ended up that way.”

Duerson had also clashed with Ditka in the past. In 2007, as Ditka was becoming increasingly vocal about the needs of players who had retired with serious injuries, Duerson claimed that as a coach Ditka had pressured players to take the field even if they were hurt. Ditka called that “an out-and-out lie.”

Researchers at the Boston University School of Medicine hope to determine whether Duerson was exposed to brain damage on the field, as Duerson’s last request before shooting himself in the heart was that he wanted his brain to be studied.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bill Polian choked a NJ Meadowlands official in the elevator. He's also lost 5 SBs as a GM.

He also wished bodily harm to Doug Flutie, to the dismay of the entire media contingent in the room.

Yeah, real swell guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, sometimes your brain is so limited it can't see the forest for the trees.  google NFL football head injuries and you'll see just how many articles there are.  One of the first ten sites listed on bing is chicagoworkerscompensationlawyerblog.com - no kidding.  If you think the possibility of a future class action suit is a comedy, you are very very shortsighted. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hey dogg, there's probably even more more articles on grey body-inhabiting Aliens...  Auggh I tell'ya, between you and phatty- You guys keep this board alive and kickin'. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Is there a  bigger sore loser in sports than BB, Mr snub, himself?  For as great of a coach BB is, he's a sad sad man when it comes to facing the facts.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

He's the only SB loser who has actually tried and successfully shaken the hand of the winning coach in the last 15-20 years.

Fact.

Name one "snub".  You can't do it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

When Sally Cromartie makes a tackle, then he might be considered somewhere near the top 15-20 CBs in this league.

The guy had one great season in 2007 and one solid one last year.

He can't cover laterally either. Not to mention, he's as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Only a Jets fan would try to prop up a rube who bangs that many chicks without protection, apparentlt not learning about birth control, and somehow seems proud to have knocked them all up successfully, only to not be a father to any of them.

Super.

Yes, let's praise Antonio "Father of the Year Cromartie. Welcome to the logic of Jets fans.

He and LT have cornered the market on Loserdom in the NFL.  They've lost what is it now, 4 AFC title games?

lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : You'd think all BB would need to do is look how the Jets kickoff and return teams burned them in that big choke playoff loss and BB would be all for the automatic touchback.  Not only is Cromartie a top 10 CB, but it seems he could be a great return man.

Rex - I understand everyone's consternation with this stuff.  Football is changing and no one wants to see that, but the reality is that the NFL is facing some huge legal liabilities if it doesn't.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rex, you are right, but knowing what you are getting into vs. suing afterwards for it would require the application of some common sense which isn't required by an attorney that sees a payday.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]     In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth :      For the past 5 years or more, Polian's Colts have been one of the worst kick coverage teams in the league. Hmmmm....
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Yes tp the NFL network pointed that out last night on access program, In fact they commented on how much this will help the Colts. How does Polian continue to get away with this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Hey dogg, there's probably even more more articles on grey body-inhabiting Aliens...  Auggh I tell'ya, between you and phatty- You guys keep this board alive and kickin'. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Would these aliens be considerd illegal? Underweiner has a head injury from arguing with Crusty.Las you gave yourself a head injury by arguing with yourself.I myself am going to sue the NFL for a head injury while watching a game.I mean never,never once before a NFL broadcast did they say dont practice autoerotism without a helmut.And now for something completly different

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Underpants and PhatRex, just neck and neck for the stupid is as stupid does award.

And down the stretch they come!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Belichick must have been biting his tongue with some of those questions! He's a football purist and the changes the owners have made at the last couple of owners meeting have been terrible. I guess it has to be the money! Money always ends up screwing the whole thing up! I think coaches like Belicick will be replaced by "Yes men". The NFL is a flag football league. I hope the big three TV channels
    create their own league and kick the NFL to the curb. The owners have ruined the league. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd love for a reporter to ask a legitimate question to Bill Polian, like:

"Mr. Polian, how much longer do you plan to be on the Competition Committee?"

or...

"What is it you enjoy about it?"

or....

Why did you resign as Chairman recently, but still retain a seat on the committee itself?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wow Russ - Good questions.  Since when does stepping down from chairman mean losing a seat on the committee.  I've said before that I'd imagine the job is a thankless one.  I'll bet there are not many who wish to be on it.  I am sure Belichick wouldn't care to be.  He can't even show up at a breakfast. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It doesn't mean losing it. It means it's incredibly curious why he feels a need to remain on the Committee for as long as he has.

Christ, you can be dumb.

"Thankless"?  I think Polian is THANKFUL for having an angle to attempt to shape rules that favor his ideology within team building.

That's what I think, and I am not alone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Only Phat Rex would be clueless about Polian's past and then mouth off about it after showing he';s clueless. lol

And no one here says BB is infallible. That's just your perception as a intensely jealous Jets fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]And what kind of fool thinks that Polian has any more pull than the rest of these guys? Rich McKay Atlanta Falcons Chairman Stephen Jones Dallas Cowboys   Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals   John Mara New York Giants   Ozzie Newsome Baltimore Ravens   Bill Polian Indianapolis Colts   Rick Smith Houston Texans

How dumb are you?  He's the longest tenured of that group by a mile.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]I hate you all.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Right back at you trailer trash, have you cleaned up all that garage around your hovel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Do whatever they want, like say play great D?  Beat a 14-2 team on the road in playoffs?  Are you thinking that throwing a guy out of practice becasue he was late during a snowstorm is the way to go?  Maybe you think benching one of your best players for busting an opposing coach's noggs in an interview is somehow justified.  These guys are adults.  You can't stop them from going out to a nightclub any easier than shooting some guys at a party.  Will BB cut Brandon for being a thug?  Of course not. Don't get all high and mighty now. 
    He didn't cut Kaczur for being caught with felony amounts of painkillers which one can only assume were possessed with an intent to distribute.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Right back at you trailer trash, have you cleaned up all that garage around your hovel.
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]
    Harley you do know that Davesone is Rusty/BBReigns.....He has about 5 names on here

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Harley you do know that Davesone is Rusty/BBReigns.....He has about 5 names on here
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]

I saw all the empty Zima bottles strewn around that trailer park hovel of his...I should have figured it out.