BB: Sopoaga Ready

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: BB: Sopoaga Ready

Nice article, thanks for posting it. Can't wait to see how he does this weekend.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

glad to see it

this is one of those impossible to predict moves

i like that he is already in football shape

it definitely stops the D hemoraging we have had

Really like this D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Why didnt he "wait" for Tavon Wilson? maybe another team would be stuck with him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

glad to see it

this is one of those impossible to predict moves

i like that he is already in football shape

it definitely stops the D hemoraging we have had

Really like this D

I like that you're an idiot.

why do you refuse to take your meds?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

BB is full of s**t. If you can never have enough d-lineman why didn't he still pick Sopoaga? He went in the 4th round and would have been a better selection than Ben Watson, Marquise Hill and Gus Scott.

Bust. Bust. Bust.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Hill was a Def Lineman and died.   Ben Watson was not a bust at all.  #32 overall and a solid pick.

Gus Scott was a later rd pick.  Give up on it, Bustchise.   Your team picks Kenrick Ellis in 2010 and he still sucks 3 years later as a Rd 3 BUST deluxe. BUST.

Meanwhile we have Chris Jones outproducing Sheldon Richardson right now, Velllano playing better than any UDFA your team has ever put on the field (LOL) and our cap position and incredible GM leverage, allows us to acquire a quality DT after a tough injury to Vince Wilfork.

Enjoy the view, Bustchise!

Hill wasn't any good before his untimely passing. He played less than 15 games in 3 seasons.

I don't consider Watson a bust, I only said that because you constantly say Keller is even though their stats are very similar even though one has a HOF qb and one has a mish mash of average qbs.

Scott was a 3rd rounder and out of the league in 2 years. That's late round?Thanks, BB.

Try again, queenie.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Incredible GM leverage to get a guy that a horrible Eagles team gave away for basically nothing.

Wow, just wow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Tough to separate the wheat from the chaff on this thread but I'll give it a shot.  Like to see what he does for the rushing D.  All in all, he'll provide some of what the Pats lost in Big Vince.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's a NT, a 3year old can play NT. Just stand here and dont let them move you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Play book not needed, no thinking involved.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Tough to separate the wheat from the chaff on this thread but I'll give it a shot.  Like to see what he does for the rushing D.  All in all, he'll provide some of what the Pats lost in Big Vince.

Exactly on both points

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Belichick: Sopoaga primed to play Sunday November, 1, 2013 NOV 1 11:55 AM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Veteran defensive tackle  Isaac Sopoaga has practiced with the  New England Patriots each of the past three days since being acquired in a trade from the Eagles, and coach Bill Belichick said Friday that there is a good chance Sopoaga will play Sunday against the Steelers. 

“We have a couple more days to clean up a few things, but if he continues to progress through the week, I don’t think there’s any reason why he shouldn’t be ready to play,” Belichick said. 

Sopoaga Belichick made the point that acquiring Sopoaga at this point of the season is different from signing a free-agent, as he’s in “football shape” from having played in every game (39 percent of the Eagles’ defensive snaps). 

“He’s in good condition, his reactions are what you’d expect them to be,” Belichick noted. “He just has to get familiar with our terminology and some of the way we play certain blocks and what his responsibilities are on blitzes and that kind of thing. He’s a smart guy and he obviously has a lot of experience.” 

From a big-picture standpoint, Belichick was asked what he remembers about Sopoaga from the 2004 draft. Sopoaga, who played at Hawaii, had visited Gillette Stadium and was a prospect the team had interest in selecting before he went in the fourth round (49ers). 

“We talked about taking him, and we were going to take him, but we were a round late,” Belichick said, pointing out that the team had already selected defensive tackle  Vince Wilfork in the first round. 

“You can never have too many defensive linemen, and that was kind of the conversation. He was right there. We were ready to take him and we said ‘We think we can get him one round later,' we’d already taken a couple guys, and probably waited a little too long on that one.” 

Asked if Sopoaga’s career has played out how he projected, Belichick said: “That’s a pretty good fourth-round pick, I’d say. I think if you knew what his career was going to be, he would have gone in the second. He could have gone in the first ahead of some other people that had been drafted in that round, obviously. I’d say he’s had a real good career. For a fourth-round pick that’s done what he’s done, there aren’t too many of them that have done that. I think it’s been pretty good.”   http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4752388/belichick-sopoaga-primed-to-play-sunday?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Good get him in there to sure up the Dline and help stop the run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Nice article, thanks for posting it. Can't wait to see how he does this weekend.

Well, according to RKrap, Sopoaga is an older Kyle Love.  lmao

that is not a negative thing. you seem to forget Love played well enough to bump Vince to the outside. you also seem to forget BB awarded Love a nice contract.

you also post about this new player like you have seen and scouted him extensively, which you have not. you never, ever watch players actually practice, nor have you seen them play live. people who have, see a 12 year vet, that after signing a contract for 3 years with Philly, was shown the door after 8 games. people who have been watching him play say he has lost his desire.

lets hope he hasnt. but lets not sit here and listen to you say BB fleeced the NFL....again. this is a guy who has not played up to his contract this year, and was being passed on the depth chart by 2 players, not one player. this is a player that was given away, even though Philly is 1 game out of first place in a very winnable division. this was a guy that was given away by a team that is playing mostly 3-4 defense.

sure, he can be re energized playing here. most any big body would be an upgrade against the run over Vellano. but dont sit here and tell us BB did it again. you have no clue if this guy lasts the season or 1 game, depending on if Kely or Armstead may or may not return. I have doubts on both, which is why Soap was signed 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Gus Scott was a later rd pick.  Give up on it, Bustchise.   Your team picks Kenrick Ellis in 2010 and he still sucks 3 years later as a Rd 3 BUST deluxe. BUST.

Knock knock is this thing on?

I'd vanish from this thread after this comment too, queenie. I mean, the irony is just beyond belief. 

Queenie rationale: lets defend BB's 3rd round pick who was out of the league in 2 years and in the very same paragraph bash the Jets for a 3rd round pick who's been in the league for 3 years. Bwhaha. I don't blame you for pulling the Houdini act on this thread.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Hill was a Def Lineman and died.   Ben Watson was not a bust at all.  #32 overall and a solid pick.

Meanwhile we have Chris Jones outproducing Sheldon Richardson right now, Velllano playing better than any UDFA your team has ever put on the field (LOL) and our cap position and incredible GM leverage, allows us to acquire a quality DT after a tough injury to Vince Wilfork.

Enjoy the view, Bustchise!

Hill wasn't any good before his untimely passing. He played less than 15 games in 3 seasons.

I don't consider Watson a bust, I only said that because you constantly say Keller is even though their stats are very similar even though one has a HOF qb and one has a mish mash of average qbs.

Scott was a 3rd rounder and out of the league in 2 years. That's late round?Thanks, BB.

Try again, queenie.

Not only was Keller not a bust - he is not even on the Jets! Gotta like that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This guy has much bigger legs and body balance like a true NT/DT than Kyle Love. Love had the old lemon on toothpicks sort of a body.  

Anyone saying this is just an older Kyle Love, isn't very bright or a troll.

Yeah, kind of like saying Kelly would be back and rkarp was full of hot air. He scooped you boy wonder. 

Sections
Shortcuts