BB the best coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: BB the best coach

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

List is in just about the right order in my opinion.

Tomlin is so overrated. I would put Atlanta's Mike Smith in the top 10 and bounced Tomlin. Pitt missed the playoffs again and I am not sure what he'd do with Dick LeBeau basically running everything.

ridiculous on any level...u just need to slag the steelers and ravens at every chance

surprised u didn't want john harbaugh removed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Tomlin is so overrated. I would put Atlanta's Mike Smith in the top 10 and bounced Tomlin. Pitt missed the playoffs again and I am not sure what he'd do with Dick LeBeau basically running everything.

ridiculous on any level...u just need to slag the steelers and ravens at every chance

So let me get this right. 

Since 2007:

Tomlin 2 SB appearances and 1 SB win= hack

BB 2 SB appearances and 0 SB wins= genius

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That line about "game management gaffe" in the AFC title game is a joke. BB is supposed to help Brady ran his own 2 minute offense now, too?

Unreal.

Brady should have thrown it away.  That's ridiculous.  Also, Hernandez should have gotten out of bounds a play or two before that one, too. At some point, the players have to be held accountable and not every single thing that goes wrong is on the coach.

This is kind of what I mean about the media.  They can't just say anything positive, it has to be some kind of a backhanded compliment, if there even is one.

Unbelievable.

the guy calls Bellichick the best coach in all sports currently and THIS is what you come up with?

you really need professional help

A lobotomist would do the trick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I don't think there is anyone close to Belichick. I'd put Jim Harbaugh and his brother at 2 and 3 . Coughlin is too inconsistent . Team wins Super Bowl which is great but doesnt make the playoffs the next year. Too much up and down with his teams. Guys like Belichick and the Harbaugh brothers have their teams playing well every year, even with injuries. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It's beyond clear he's the best coach in this league, "

Sure, if you're a homer. 

It's not as clear from the outside. 

Depends on how you define it - in terms of lifetime achievement, BB is clearly the best in the league today. But in terms of best current coach I think there is a legit debate with him, Coughlin and John Harbaugh. Both coaches have outcoached BB in season-ending games in recent seasons - not once, but more than once. BB has admitted as much. Coughlin in particular has beaten BB twice when the stakes are highest, and outcoached him in those games. BB has admitted as much, you should be able to do the same. I do agree with you that Jim Harbaugh is too much of a baby to be in this debate. 

Look, you can make the argument BB is still the best but I wouldn't say it's "beyond clear." Ten years ago BB was considered the foremost innovative defensive coach in the league. Now I don't think you can say that, he has been outschemed too many times. His schemes on both sides of the ball have proven so complex that raw pure athletes other teams have figured out how to harness have to be avoided in favor of undersized veterans who understand his schemes but lack in size/athleticism. It's humiliating to see this play out in the biggest games of the year. BB is definitely the best at concealing weaknesses in a patchwork defensive unit of undertalented players (which he himself drafted and signed), no coach is better at "coaching them up" when a roster is depleted either by injuries or lack of talent, but I'm not sure he's the best at blitzing schemes and such. 

Glad to have him as a coach and GM and he may well be the best combo coach/GM the league has ever seen, but best coach in the league currently (not lifetime achievement) is definitely a debate, and there's no way BB is the best GM in the league. Not sure he's even in that conversation but if he is, that is most definitely a debate. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I wonder if BB the coach says to BB the GM, " what the h*ll are you doing? You are making my job a lot harder!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I don't think there is anyone close to Belichick. I'd put Jim Harbaugh and his brother at 2 and 3 . Coughlin is too inconsistent . Team wins Super Bowl which is great but doesnt make the playoffs the next year. Too much up and down with his teams. Guys like Belichick and the Harbaugh brothers have their teams playing well every year, even with injuries. 

Coughlin is a double sided sword. In the SB runs he got the very best from his team... they played over their heads. BUT at the same time it took some real luck for them to win it. In 2007 the helmet catch. In the last of their SBs the double punt return botches by SF plus Mankins and Gronk playing hurt and inneffective.... plus the bone headed saftey on the Pats FIRST possession of the game. But as a caich he got the most out of the team those two years. Last year showed just how so so that team can be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Coughlin is a double sided sword. In the SB runs he got the very best from his team... they played over their heads. BUT at the same time it took some real luck for them to win it. In 2007 the helmet catch. In the last of their SBs the double punt return botches by SF plus Mankins and Gronk playing hurt and inneffective.... plus the bone headed saftey on the Pats FIRST possession of the game. But as a caich he got the most out of the team those two years. Last year showed just how so so that team can be.

i won't bother to correct for the hundreth time all the nonsense you just posted

i will just sing that ol' ditty " a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...the medicine go doooown..."

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What exactly were you expecting from an idiot, common sense?

It is especially funny how he talks about others having a Brady blow up doll, when he's the one with the BB blowup doll that has been patched up a very many times from wear and tear in the groin area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It is especially funny how he talks about others having a Brady blow up doll, when he's the one with the BB blowup doll that has been patched up a very many times from wear and tear in the groin area.

hahaha...glad ol' Babe is back!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

i won't bother to correct for the hundreth time all the nonsense you just posted

i will just sing that ol' ditty " a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...the medicine go doooown..."

Smile

Give Coughlin credit people. He has 2 Lombardis with Eli, Belichick has 3 with Brady. I don't see a huge gap there. (Of course Coughlin did have the Patriots' defense on his side though. Can't discount that.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

hahaha...glad ol' Babe is back!!

Not actually back. Just visiting, heh heh

Always can find a moment to point out what a world class twit queenie is.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts