BB the GM poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB the GM poll.

I'm sure some will say I'm trying to stir the pot with this, but I'm not. I am honestly curious if perceptions have changed. It seems they have from the last time I did this sort of thing a year or two ago. (back when they actually had polls.)

If you're just going to gripe that the question exists you might want to just move on and address some other subject people choose to discuss that doesn't aggravate you.

Please vote on his GM work, not his head coaching skills.

What caliber of GM is BB?

1. Good to among the best in the game.

2. Average to somewhat better than average.

3. Somewhat deficient to a clear failure.

I'll vote 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: BB the GM poll.

I have said many, many, many times, in spite of Rustys lies, that BB is one of the best, if not the best GM in football. Additionally, I would not want any other person in charge of, or making decisions for this football team. I have no issue with the status quo for the next 10 years with regards to BB

That being said, I am smart enough to know that everyone makes some mistakes...including BB. This board is a nice spot to debate those mistakes, with out one troll following me around.

I love the draft philosophy, all though I have not agreed with all the choices...I do not love all of the free agency decisions, but 100% agree with keep your own first. I think I have also made my opinion well know on taking risks on low character players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Vollmer, Ridley, Mayo, Gronk, Jones, Wilfork, Welker, Talib, Hightower, Moss, Woodhead, etc etc...

He has fielded a competitive team every single year despite having a low draft position due to his success. The Pats are consistently one of the deepest teams in the league.

Yeah, I'll go with option one on this.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

His trading down draft strategy has not worked.

Due to poor selections, the team has to constantly look to free agency to fill holes.

Numerous embarrassing acquisitions are difficult to erase.  Look no further than Ochocinco and Fat Albert.

The merry-go-round of receivers and running backs has been horrible.

Aaron Hernandez

The Welker move may or may not work out.  It's too early to tell.

I am no troll.  I love the Pats.  I have never liked what Belichick has done in the draft or with free agency. 

Dislike or disparage Belichick = Troll!

Dislike or disparage Brady = Smart, true fan!

How dumb.

Anyway, I think Belichick has been below average as a GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In the name of all that's football, will traing camp start - PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAASSSSSSSSSE!?!?!?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Vollmer, Ridley, Mayo, Gronk, Jones, Wilfork, Welker, Talib, Hightower, Moss, Woodhead, etc etc...

He has fielded a competitive team every single year despite having a low draft position due to his success. The Pats are consistently one of the deepest teams in the league.

Yeah, I'll go with option one on this.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

"He has fielded a competitive team every single year despite having a low draft position due to his success. "

This is what makes BB at least above average if not great.  BB has had his misses for sure, but at the sametime he's not selecting in the top 10.  I'm sure he'd trade down anyways, lol. 

Bottom line is he rarely makes a sexy pick and that makes people not trust in his work, IMO.  He rarely trades up but when he does it looks like a hit.  Could there be a better GM out there? Sure, but I think BB is easily top 5.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

A GM has to be judged by W/L's and success/failure. Success/failure or Wins/losses are a direct result of the 53 man roster and coaching staff/orginization.

BB 13 year resume as GM of the Pat's to date.

Reg Season 151-57 .726

Playoffs 17-7 .708

AFCCG's 5-2

SB's 3-2

I have said this before there is not one GM in the NFL that is perfect and there is not one GM that has not made multiple mistakes in the draft and FA including BB.

I understand the frustration as well as anyone losing AFCCG's and SB's but how many GM's in the NFL have this type of resume? I am not saying he is the best but if not he is in the top few. Just my 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

A GM has to be judged by W/L's and success/failure. Success/failure or Wins/losses are a direct result of the 53 man roster and coaching staff/orginization.

Reg Season 151-57 .726

Playoffs 17-7 .708

AFCCG's 5-2

SB's 3-2

I have said this before there is not one GM in the NFL that is perfect and there is not one GM that has not made multiple mistakes in the draft and FA including BB.

I understand the frustration as well as anyone losing AFCCG's and SB's but how many GM's in the NFL have this type of resume? I am not saying he is the best but if not he is in the top few. Just my 2 cents.

I can understand that point of view and share it to a slight extent.  I give more credit to Brady than Belichick.  I think the only we'd truly know if one was the product of the other (either way) would to be see what would happen with different teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

2008,  11-5 with an undrafted QB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Anyone who votes 3 is saying they would take 15 GMs ahead of Belichick.  That is insane.

He is on par with the best in the league.  I'm not going to split hairs with other good GMs out there, but Belichick is on par with all of them.  Sure he has made a few mistakes, but who hasn't?  Consistency doesn't lie.

If you like flashy signings and expect every draft pick to be a perennial pro bowler, that's your call, but get some perspective and you'll realize that no one on earth will be good enough for you with that outlook. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Reg Season 151-57 .726

Playoffs 17-7 .708

AFCCG's 5-2

SB's 3-2

I can understand that point of view and share it to a slight extent.  I give more credit to Brady than Belichick.  I think the only we'd truly know if one was the product of the other (either way) would to be see what would happen with different teams.

I just hope the fan base realizes how fortunate we are to have possibly the greatest QB and HC in the organization at the same time. I sat in the old stadium in the late 80's and early 90's and watched some pretty bad football. From ownership on down the Pat's orginization at that time was as bad as you could get in the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I see a 2,1,3,1 so far. The rest is talk, not a vote.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Easiest schedule in a decade or more; no playoffs. Just sayin'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I see a 2,1,3,1 so far. The rest is talk, not a vote.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

Sorry i just assumed you would count me as a 1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

He will refute that point and claim that Cassell was just a good QB that went unnoticed.  BB and Tom Brady had nothing to do with his success.  Keep in mind that this is the same poster who admitted to being a "casual fan" when he first commented here and accused BB of cheating that left a stain on the organization.  I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion of BB, let alone football.

As for me, there's no question he's in category 1.  I'm not saying he's the best GM of all-time like some here nor am I saying that he's immune to mistakes, but when you put together consistent Super Bowl caliber teams year in and year out in a league filled with parity then you are among the best in the business.  I would not want any other person to be the GM of the team I cheer for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

Anyone who votes 3 is saying they would take 15 GMs ahead of Belichick.  That is insane.

He is on par with the best in the league.  I'm not going to split hairs with other good GMs out there, but Belichick is on par with all of them.  Sure he has made a few mistakes, but who hasn't?  Consistency doesn't lie.

If you like flashy signings and expect every draft pick to be a perennial pro bowler, that's your call, but get some perspective and you'll realize that no one on earth will be good enough for you with that outlook. 

Flashy signings like Ochocinco and/or Randy Moss?

I voted 3 as "Somewhat deficient".  Lots of room for improvement. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

He will refute that point and claim that Cassell was just a good QB that went unnoticed.  BB and Tom Brady had nothing to do with his success.  Keep in mind that this is the same poster who admitted to being a "casual fan" when he first commented here and accused BB of cheating that left a stain on the organization.  I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion of BB, let alone football.

As for me, there's no question he's in category 1.  I'm not saying he's the best GM of all-time like some here nor am I saying that he's immune to mistakes, but when you put together consistent Super Bowl caliber teams year in and year out in a league filled with parity then you are among the best in the business.  I would not want any other person to be the GM of the team I cheer for.

I never said Cassel was good. As a matter of fact I said he was mediocre and a career backup quality right along. And I was right, as usual.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have said many, many, many times, in spite of Rustys lies, that BB is one of the best, if not the best GM in football. Additionally, I would not want any other person in charge of, or making decisions for this football team. I have no issue with the status quo for the next 10 years with regards to BB

That being said, I am smart enough to know that everyone makes some mistakes...including BB. This board is a nice spot to debate those mistakes, with out one troll following me around.

I love the draft philosophy, all though I have not agreed with all the choices...I do not love all of the free agency decisions, but 100% agree with keep your own first. I think I have also made my opinion well know on taking risks on low character players

Sound analysis, rkarp.  I don't think many here can disagree with that assessment.  Has BB made some blunders?  Of course he has; he is a human prone to making mistakes.  This is a forum board for fans to debate about their opinions of offseason moves and on-field play. I will admit that I've been somewhat of a hypocrite in that because I've given you crap when you've stated your opinion.  I just think that the way some of your posts come off makes it seem like you're baiting people and then some, including myself, get worked up and an argument commences.  Regardless, I enjoy most of your insight even though we may butt heads every now and then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I never said Cassel was good. As a matter of fact I said he was mediocre and a career backup quality right along. And I was right, as usual.

I was referring to NAS, big guy.  Getzo was responding to him when he said we would only know whether or not Brady or BB was a product of one another is if they were on different teams.  He made the point of referencing 08 when Brady was out.  Relax.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

Flashy signings like Ochocinco and/or Randy Moss?

I voted 3 as "Somewhat deficient".  Lots of room for improvement. 

Neither of the two was a "signing."  They were both had for low round draft picks.

Moss was had for a 4th round pick and broke nearly every WR record there ever was.  He was one of the main contributors to the best offenses to ever play the game of football.  

The Ocho experiment turned out to be a failure but who is invincible?  BB manages the 53 man roster so well that he can take these chances.  "Lots of room for improvement."  You act like they were huge disappointments that hindered the team.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'll never pretend to be a totally technical football guy like many here.  My #1 sport is hockey.  That's where I shine!  Here, I'm just hanging around chatting about the game and posting my point of view.  It's not offered as the gospel in the least bit.

I'm not sure that "admitting" I'm a "casual fan" is supposed to be a dig at me.  Just because someone can't tell you about the intricatices of defensive schemes doesn't make them less of a fan.  I have missed about 10 Pats games over the past 20 years.  On Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays or Saturdays) my world revolves around when the Pats play.  I know enough to talk about the game and the players.  Is there something wrong with that?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Moss was had for a 4th round pick and broke nearly every WR record there ever was.  He was one of the main contributors to the best offenses to ever play the game of football.  

The Ocho experiment turned out to be a failure but who is invincible?  BB manages the 53 man roster so well that he can take these chances.  "Lots of room for improvement."  You act like they were huge disappointments that hindered the team.  

Okay.  No worries.  Change "signings" to "acquisitions".

Both were flashy.

As was Fat Albert.

Not a problem. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You said they finished with 11-5 from an easy schedule and didn't make the playoffs. 

Sooooooo were the teams that they played - that bad? Or was BB great for leading his team to 11-5?  Because his starting QB is mediocre according to you.  So you have to give BB a lot of credit to lead a mediocre QB to an 11-5 record with your reasoning.  Sounds like you're not giving him enough credit. 

C'mon Babe. To say easy schedule and no playoffs is just unappreciative. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I vote #1 for all the reasons stated by the others that voted #1

Sections
Shortcuts