BB the GM poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: BB the GM poll.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]
    He will refute that point and claim that Cassell was just a good QB that went unnoticed.  BB and Tom Brady had nothing to do with his success.  Keep in mind that this is the same poster who admitted to being a "casual fan" when he first commented here and accused BB of cheating that left a stain on the organization.  I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion of BB, let alone football.

I'll never pretend to be a totally technical football guy like many here.  My #1 sport is hockey.  That's where I shine!  Here, I'm just hanging around chatting about the game and posting my point of view.  It's not offered as the gospel in the least bit.

I'm not sure that "admitting" I'm a "casual fan" is supposed to be a dig at me.  Just because someone can't tell you about the intricatices of defensive schemes doesn't make them less of a fan.  I have missed about 10 Pats games over the past 20 years.  On Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays or Saturdays) my world revolves around when the Pats play.  I know enough to talk about the game and the players.  Is there something wrong with that?

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  You're a great hockey guy and I enjoy reading your input on the B's board.  But, to say that one of the best GM's in the game and arguably of all-time is classified as "deficient to a clear failure" is pure ignorance.  I don't have a problem with opinions but everybody who knows a lick of football knows that's extremely poor analysis.  You do the exact same thing and more in your domain on the B's board:  If a poster who isn't a 'regular' makes a dumb remark, you lambaste them for it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wouldn't want anyone else.  But with that said I wouldn't give him a 1.  I don't agree with what he has done the last few years, he has made several mistakes and I think those mistakes have been minimized to an extent with having Brady as the QB.

As of today I will give him a 2.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  You're a great hockey guy and I enjoy reading your input on the B's board.  But, to say that one of the best GM's in the game and arguably of all-time is classified as "deficient to a clear failure" is pure ignorance.  I don't have a problem with opinions but everybody who knows a lick of football knows that's extremely poor analysis.  You do the exact same thing and more in your domain on the B's board:  If a poster who isn't a 'regular' makes a dumb remark, you lambaste them for it.  

Okay, let's talk about that.  If I'm wrong, help me understand why.

I would say that his actions on draft day have left a ton to be desired. 

I would say that there has been some really bad decisions made in trading and signing.

Is this incorrect?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay, let's talk about that.  If I'm wrong, help me understand why.

I would say that his actions on draft day have left a ton to be desired. 

I would say that there has been some really bad decisions made in trading and signing.

Is this incorrect?

[/QUOTE]

His drafts were subpar from 2006-2009 (exclude 2007 considering he used 3 of those draft picks to net Moss and Welker), but the last 3 drafts (can't include this year's yet) were outstanding.  McCourty, Gronk, Hern, Spikes, Mesko, Ridley, Solder, Vereen, Cannon, Dennard, Jones, Hightower have all contributed to a Super Bowl team and an AFC Conference Championship team.  That is an excellent core to be progressing with into the future, minus Hern.  There is no doubt that is the best stretch of drafting in the past 3 years of any NFL team and probably of any 3 year window in the past decade.  Sidenote: these aren't including the solid UFAs he has picked up in that span.

What has been wrong with his FA?  He engineered the 2007 team with brilliant trades to field arguably the greatest team of all time.  Barring a fluke catch, the best team of all-time was assembled entirely by BB.  Impressive.  He had a ton of veterans retire/become obsolete in 2008/2009 and when Brady went down, he began a rebuild movement.  His 2009 draft was not good AT ALL but the past drafts have helped shift an influx of young talent with solid veteran leadership along with Tom Brady at the top.

FA moves/acquisitions like Carter, Anderson, Talib, Moss, Welker, Stallworth (07), Branch(2010)  have all been HUGE contributors to Super Bowl bound teams.  This year's signing of AWilson, Washington, Armstead, etc. appear to be solid, low risk/high reward signings.  Those are just off the top of my head.  He never invests too much money in the FA market (excluding A. Thomas) because he has built a strong core throughout the years.  He plugs in seasoned vets interchangably at great price/value because he has such a great core, and yes, Tom Brady (Funny how people say the Pats success is due to Brady but yet completely disregard the fact that BB drafted Brady.  Hmmm.  Yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum.)

Now, may I ask you what moves/draft blunders have warranted a "deficient to a clear failure" grade?

And also, list the GMs who you think have a better resume than BB.  This shouldn't be too difficult considering your grade of 3 implies that at least 20 GMs are better than BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Now, may I ask you what moves/draft blunders have warranted a "deficient to a clear failure" grade?

And also, list the GMs who you think have a better resume than BB.  This shouldn't be too difficult considering your grade of 3 implies that at least 20 GMs are better than BB.

Wait wait wait.  I didn't say or suggest that he's in the current bottom third of active GMs.  That's not what the question was.  I answered "3" because I think he's been deficient as a GM.

A few of the bad moves:  Adalius Thomas, Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, Vrabel/Cassel trade, Fred Taylor, Jabbar Gaffney, plenty of draft day blunders...review Pats draft history for details.

Off the field stuff:  Donte Stallworth the drunk driving killer signed three times, all things Hernandez (but it's not Bill's fault!  Yes it is.  It's very clear that Hernandez was a total headcase and many people knew it), mishandling of his co-ordinators and other foolishness.

Those are some pretty big gaffes off the top of my head.  With a little research, I'm sure my memory would be jogged to reveal many more.  Considering all of that, I can't imagine giving him a "1".  Maybe a "2" based on team success, but for specific GM moves, "deficient" is my description.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

(Funny how people say the Pats success is due to Brady but yet completely disregard the fact that BB drafted Brady.  Hmmm.  Yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum.)

No way could Belichick have known that Brady would turn into what he did.  If so, he would have taken him in the first round.  In any sport's draft, late picks that turn into stars is nothing more than pure luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Oh this is easy:

Same for Head Coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Wait wait wait.  I didn't say or suggest that he's in the current bottom third of active GMs.  That's not what the question was.  I answered "3" because I think he's been deficient as a GM.

A few of the bad moves:  Adalius Thomas, Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, Vrabel/Cassel trade, Fred Taylor, Jabbar Gaffney, plenty of draft day blunders...review Pats draft history for details.

Off the field stuff:  Donte Stallworth the drunk driving killer signed three times, all things Hernandez (but it's not Bill's fault!  Yes it is.  It's very clear that Hernandez was a total headcase and many people knew it), mishandling of his co-ordinators and other foolishness.

Those are some pretty big gaffes off the top of my head.  With a little research, I'm sure my memory would be jogged to reveal many more.  Considering all of that, I can't imagine giving him a "1".  Maybe a "2" based on team success, but for specific GM moves, "deficient" is my description.

[/QUOTE]

Speechless.  

For one, 3. is "somewhat deficient to a clear failure."  Pretty daring claim considering BB's resume.  

Hern - not going to get into this debate again as it's been discussed AD NAUSEUM for the past 2 weeks.  Yeah, BB's fault.

A Thomas - Yes, not a very good signing.  His worst one.  No arguments there.

Albert Haynesworth was had for a 5th round pick.  You take the gamble on a former All-Pro Dlineman when the possibilities are endless pairing him next to Vince.  He didn't work out.  Oh well.  Most 5th round picks are JAGs anyways.

Ochocinco- Yeah, he didn't work out.  He was the 5th receiving option in a loaded offense.  He was had for a 5th and 6th rounder.  Same deal with Fat Albert.  Former Pro-Bowl receiver whose stock dropped because he had attitude problems.  In an environment like the Pats, you take that risk.  (See Moss, Randy)

Umm, what was wrong with the Cassell/Vrable trade?  Vrable was a veteran who was clearly in the twilight of his career and Cassell was a former 7th round pick.  I'd say netting a 2nd round pick for the two was a pretty good ROI.

Fred Taylor.....really?  Fred.  Taylor?  A guy signed to be a back-up RB can be considered a bad move?  Geesh.  Tough crowd.

Jabar Gaffney - once again.  A guy that was brought in to compete for the 3rd receiver slot, 5th receiving option and it can be considered a bust?  Cutting him resulted in basically 0 dead money.  How is bringing in a guy who knows your system to see if he can beat out other players for a roster spot a bad signing?

Stallworth - not condoning drunk driving, but the man that was hit was running across a highway.  That's Stallworth's fault?  And then it's BB's fault that Stallworth did it?  He served his time, deserved a second chance, and was signed because he was familiar with the system.  Absolute no risk signing.  What's the problem?

The draft is an inexact science.  Every GM has multiple bad picks on their resume, BB is no different.  You act like he's awful because every pick hasn't worked out.  I listed his good picks, you didn't list any to counter.

Like I said, list the GMs that you think are better than BB.  You said he's a level 3 which states "somewhat deficient to a clear failure."  There were 2 options that preceded that.  One implied he was top of the line, the other said he was average to above average, which means option 3 implies that he is below average to bad.  If he is below average to bad, or "deficient to a clear failure," it shouldn't be hard to list at least 10-15 GMs who are better than him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

(Funny how people say the Pats success is due to Brady but yet completely disregard the fact that BB drafted Brady.  Hmmm.  Yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum.)

No way could Belichick have known that Brady would turn into what he did.  If so, he would have taken him in the first round.  In any sport's draft, late picks that turn into stars is nothing more than pure luck.

[/QUOTE]

Never said he knew what Brady could amount to.  Obviously he saw some potential in him where others did not considering 31 other teams passed on him 6 different times.  Belichick critics love to have it both ways.  It's so hypocritical.  Lambaste him for picks that don't work out, but don't give credit to him when he chooses a diamond in the rough.  Nice logic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Too many flaws in this post.

All those bad moves you mentioned were very low risk except maybe Thomas.  None of those signings were millstones around the franchise's neck.  There was nothing wrong with the vrabel/cassell trade.  Gaffney was an OK player here for a while.  To classify them as "big gaffes" is just off base.  Look at the Dalls Cowboys if you want to see big gaffes.  Like I said earlier, unless you expect every single FA signing to pan out and every draft pick to be a pro bowler, I don't know how you can rate him a 3. 

So he was supposed to know Hernandez would go to prison but there's no way he could know Brady could be good?

If a 2 is average accoring to the poll, a 3, by definition, is below average, meaning 16 GMs are better than him in your book.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I vote # 1, but I still would like to see him bring in some help. I think the bar should be higher in terms of putting a good team out when you have a Qb who can win it all.  My biggest gripe is going into seasons where we clearly have a chance to win it all and he handicaps the team with bad f/a moves...see Ocho, Haynesworth, Fanene, JUST last year. (having Ocho on the team making 5 mill and 9 catches for the year was bad cuz we couldnt sign anyone else)  BB know Chad from pro bowls. Funny Guy, but no where near a good fit. Thats Ego. Goldson walked out of here 2 years ago when we low balled him and didnt want to give him 2.5 mill,. he signed for much more the year after. We were paying J.Sanders 3mil/year?

He signed Kyle"I cant play man" Arrington to a 4mill/deal but wont pay a decent safety to play here. He released 4 safeties in one offseason and rolled the dice with Josh Barret, and a host of other unproven players instead of atleast retaining ONE that knew the system. Still made it the bowl and couldnt get off the field due to NOT having a good safety

He signed Joey Galloway at age 39!   He drafts players with no talent just because they went to his alma matta. All these things IRK me because if he cut that out, he would no doubt RUN the League, but the penny pinching and Big Ego and trying to change every bad players stripes is my gripe, BUT I still choose # 1. He is among the best, but he tries too much to get deals. Take it from me, doing that will get you burned a lot. I know from experience with buying cars. You gotta spend! Most times low $$ cars are that way for a reason.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Speechless.  

For one, 3. is "somewhat deficient to a clear failure."  Pretty daring claim considering BB's resume.  

Hern - not going to get into this debate again as it's been discussed AD NAUSEUM for the past 2 weeks.  Yeah, BB's fault.

A Thomas - Yes, not a very good signing.  His worst one.  No arguments there.

Albert Haynesworth was had for a 5th round pick.  You take the gamble on a former All-Pro Dlineman when the possibilities are endless pairing him next to Vince.  He didn't work out.  Oh well.  Most 5th round picks are JAGs anyways.

Ochocinco- Yeah, he didn't work out.  He was the 5th receiving option in a loaded offense.  He was had for a 5th and 6th rounder.  Same deal with Fat Albert.  Former Pro-Bowl receiver whose stock dropped because he had attitude problems.  In an environment like the Pats, you take that risk.  (See Moss, Randy)

Umm, what was wrong with the Cassell/Vrable trade?  Vrable was a veteran who was clearly in the twilight of his career and Cassell was a former 7th round pick.  I'd say netting a 2nd round pick for the two was a pretty good ROI.

Fred Taylor.....really?  Fred.  Taylor?  A guy signed to be a back-up RB can be considered a bad move?  Geesh.  Tough crowd.

Jabar Gaffney - once again.  A guy that was brought in to compete for the 3rd receiver slot, 5th receiving option and it can be considered a bust?  Cutting him resulted in basically 0 dead money.  How is bringing in a guy who knows your system to see if he can beat out other players for a roster spot a bad signing?

Stallworth - not condoning drunk driving, but the man that was hit was running across a highway.  That's Stallworth's fault?  And then it's BB's fault that Stallworth did it?  He served his time, deserved a second chance, and was signed because he was familiar with the system.  Absolute no risk signing.  What's the problem?

The draft is an inexact science.  Every GM has multiple bad picks on their resume, BB is no different.  You act like he's awful because every pick hasn't worked out.  I listed his good picks, you didn't list any to counter.

Like I said, list the GMs that you think are better than BB.  You said he's a level 3 which states "somewhat deficient to a clear failure."  There were 2 options that preceded that.  One implied he was top of the line, the other said he was average to above average, which means option 3 implies that he is below average to bad.  If he is below average to bad, or "deficient to a clear failure," it shouldn't be hard to list at least 10-15 GMs who are better than him.

"somewhat deficient to a clear failure."

If I read that wrong, it's my error.  I saw that as the range.  I put him at the top end of that range, not the bottom.

Also, I read it as "how do you think he's done" not "how do you think he's done compared to the other current GMs in the league".  Again, if I read that wrong, it's my error.  However, I'm not sure how you can use his history of work up against the current GMs in the league.   Maybe the question is flawed?

For the guys I listed, I don't look at it from a "what they gave up" standpoint, but more of a "what did the player do in a Pats jersey" standpoint. 

The Cassel/Vrabel trade:  I felt they could have/should have gotten a heck of a lot more.  I read here that Mallet and his one career completion could fetch a 2nd round pick.  Wouldn't a guy who lead the team to 11-5 be worth more?  The Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick to acquire their starting QB.

Stallworth:  Driving drunk and killing someone (regardless of the circumstances, the drive should not have been behind the wheel) is bad news.  Bringing that person in to be cheered for by your fanbase is just bad business in my view.

And, of course, all of this is just my point of view.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Riddle me this: So there's no way he could have known how well Brady would have turned out, but he absolutely should have known how awful Hernandez would turn out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

A 34th overall draft pick for BB to ditch salary with Vrabel and turn a 7th rd pick in 2005 to #34 overall in 2009 means he "should have gotten more"?

There have been a lot of quarterbacks traded for first round picks.  There have been some with poor stats and/or abilities that have been traded for first round picks. 

My listing of this trade isn't about the original value of the players (where they were picked) but the value of them at the time of the deal.  Not getting a first round pick was a crime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Riddle me this: So there's no way he could have known how well Brady would have turned out, but he absolutely should have known how awful Hernandez would turn out?

Two entirely different scenarios.

Hernandez was clearly a disaster of a human yet was selected and eventually extended anyway.

A sixth round pick is a shot in the dark.  People will say, "31 other teams passed on Brady six times".  Well, the Pats passed on him five times.  Why does that matter?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Most of the time I'd like to say he is as good as anyone else and at times better - the guy knows what a good football player looks like, however his free agent signings over the last 5 years have not been good. And I don't like his current trend of drafting multiple players from his buddies programs against the wishes of his scouting department - I could handle that if the players selected were not reaches, but they have been. 

I don't like these signings and I think they had the biggest hand in us not winning another Super Bowl....Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Shawn Springs, Robert Gallery, Stallworth, Gaffney, Fenene, Gregory, Fred Taylor, Joseph Addai, Shiancoe. We were primed for another title...the salary cap had been managed...money was there to spend...needs needed to be filled and we laid a gigantic egg. Gigantic. No one remains (except Gregory) from last year's free agent signings - that was the off season we went into it with 26 million to spend and we came away with Gregory. Think about that. Here we are a year later and we've drafted two safeties to get Gregory off the field and signed another in free agency this year. If Gregory's conttract wasn't such a factor everyone of the free agents from last season would be gone.

I give him a 2. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I'll vote numero uno...Here's why list me another GM that had has more success than BB over the last decade...and is clearly that BB does what's best for the team...If he's such a bad GM, this will handicap the team right? Why hasn't he talked to Kraft about finding a better GM? or why hasn't Kraft taken the GM title away from BB? I'm pretty sure there're a lot of good to great GMs out there that would love to have BB as their coach and give him the best talents available to field a very good team year in and year out...But there's no need to look elsewhere when you have one of the best in the business...To me, there's no clear cut #1 GM in the NFL, why? Well, because I don't see many teams being considered Super Bowl contenders every year..Every GM has bad drafts, most of those GMs have drafted busts in the first round and are drafting in the top 10-15...now name me how many bust have BB drafted in the top 15 over the last decade...

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

2008,  11-5 with an undrafted QB. 

He will refute that point and claim that Cassell was just a good QB that went unnoticed.  BB and Tom Brady had nothing to do with his success.  Keep in mind that this is the same poster who admitted to being a "casual fan" when he first commented here and accused BB of cheating that left a stain on the organization.  I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion of BB, let alone football.

As for me, there's no question he's in category 1.  I'm not saying he's the best GM of all-time like some here nor am I saying that he's immune to mistakes, but when you put together consistent Super Bowl caliber teams year in and year out in a league filled with parity then you are among the best in the business.  I would not want any other person to be the GM of the team I cheer for.

[/QUOTE]

I never said Cassel was good. As a matter of fact I said he was mediocre and a career backup quality right along. And I was right, as usual.

[/QUOTE]

I was referring to NAS, big guy.  Getzo was responding to him when he said we would only know whether or not Brady or BB was a product of one another is if they were on different teams.  He made the point of referencing 08 when Brady was out.  Relax.

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Besides, who do you think helped COACH Tom Brady? Bill Belichick, you dope!

I haven't seen anybody say BB isn't an outstanding coach you dope!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Name the "lot of QBs traded for 1st rd picks", please.

Brett Favre

John Elway

Fran Tarkenton

Joe Theismann

Trent Green

Joe Montana

Jay Cutler

Jim Everett

Drew Bledsoe

Brad Johnson

Roman Gabriel

Marty Domres

Bob Lee

Carson Palmer

Jeff George

Rob Johnson

Mike Phipps

Steve Walsh

Richard Todd

Craig Morton

Kelly Stouffer

Jim Plunkett

Craig Erickson

Bert Jones

Chris Chandler

Mike Boryla

Rich Mirer

Jack Thompson

Matt Robinson

John Hadl

Now, go get your shinebox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How was tagging Cassel in at 16 million, with everyone knowing that meant BB had to deal Cassel, and getting that return, a "crime"?

It was incredbile considering he had little leverage!

Okay, so you're saying that he put himself in a bad spot, giving himself little leverage?  Why is that a good thing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the last 3 drafts (can't include this year's yet) were outstanding.  McCourty, Gronk, Hern, Spikes, Mesko, Ridley, Solder, Vereen, Cannon, Dennard, Jones, Hightower have all contributed to a Super Bowl team and an AFC Conference Championship team.

Simply nonsense. And you wonder why people think you are Rusty. Taken straight out of the Rusty bible.

No great drafting at this point in that sample. Gronk has turned into an injury nightmare, Hern a possible mass murderer. Mesco is a f'n punter, Solder was a mid 1st rounder that has yet to see a pro-bowl and the rest are nothing more than filler at this juncture.

Classic overrating.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Most of the time I'd like to say he is as good as anyone else and at times better - the guy knows what a good football player looks like, however his free agent signings over the last 5 years have not been good. And I don't like his current trend of drafting multiple players from his buddies programs against the wishes of his scouting department - I could handle that if the players selected were not reaches, but they have been. 

I don't like these signings and I think they had the biggest hand in us not winning another Super Bowl....Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Shawn Springs, Robert Gallery, Stallworth, Gaffney, Fenene, Gregory, Fred Taylor, Joseph Addai, Shiancoe. We were primed for another title...the salary cap had been managed...money was there to spend...needs needed to be filled and we laid a gigantic egg. Gigantic. No one remains (except Gregory) from last year's free agent signings - that was the off season we went into it with 26 million to spend and we came away with Gregory. Think about that. Here we are a year later and we've drafted two safeties to get Gregory off the field and signed another in free agency this year. If Gregory's conttract wasn't such a factor everyone of the free agents from last season would be gone.

I give him a 2. 

You do realize there was a lockout in 2011, correct?

His FA signings have mostly been outstanding:

BJGE, Rob Ninkovich, Dan Connolly, Kyle Arrington, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, Ryan Wendell, Alge Crumpler, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson.  All in some way, have been good to very good value/production FA moves. That is 12 names in the last 4 offseasons, prior to this offseason, I'd say 3 FAs on average, helping our team in some way is a pretty darn good yield.

Brandon Bolden also looks quite good to me last year when BB brought in Brandon Lloyd in FA.

You just are one of those fans that needs media reassurance so you can feel secure, which is somewhat embarrassing for you considering you're an adult.

ANd, I am not even counting this year's, which I think are superb with future HOFer (potentially) Adrian Wilson, Leon Washington and Tommy Kelly leading the list.

BB wasn't entering the lockout after 2011 (or spending a lot in the uncapped 2010 because most of the NFL colluded anyway to stay around 120 million), so that's why he didn't make enormous, homerun splashes in FA.  If you knew a shred about economics or business, you'd know this. It's why the Jets are in the utter disaster they are in. I've explained this to you before, but you keep immaturely thinking the salary cap doesn't mean anything, contracts don't mean anything and it's there, just because. LOL

But, the players he's signed in FA and developed, the list above?  Show me a team that has done better work in that area, please.

Good luck, Mt Hurl.  Good luck.

PS You keep mentioning Gallery and Addai if means something. Our RBs were superb as was our O Line last year, so Gallery retiring or Addai deemded not good enough, are moot examples. Where did you go to college, Mt Hurl? The board would love to know this.  If our O Line wasn't very good or the Ridley didn't run amuck with Bolden and Vereen w/Woodhead on the bench, the supposed disaster that was Addai not cutting it here, might make sense.

Your problem dumbkoff is that you think meh FA signings are spectacular.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

BJGE, Rob Ninkovich, Dan Connolly, Kyle Arrington, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, Ryan Wendell, Alge Crumpler, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson.  All in some way, have been good to very good value/production FA moves. That is 12 names in the last 4 offseasons, prior to this offseason, I'd say 3 FAs on average, helping our team in some way is a pretty darn good yield.

Don't you hate when people check your facts?

How does Alge Crumpler make your list?  Six total receptions in a Pats jersey. 

I am looking forward to your answer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The mad rush to vote 1. LMAO

(actually so far I see more people taking issue with his work than in the past.)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/private/L.gif