BB the GM poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: BB the GM poll.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

BJGE, Rob Ninkovich, Dan Connolly, Kyle Arrington, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, Ryan Wendell, Alge Crumpler, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson.  All in some way, have been good to very good value/production FA moves. That is 12 names in the last 4 offseasons, prior to this offseason, I'd say 3 FAs on average, helping our team in some way is a pretty darn good yield.

Don't you hate when people check your facts?

How does Alge Crumpler make your list?  Six total receptions in a Pats jersey. 

I am looking forward to your answer.

[/QUOTE]

He does hate that. But he simply ignores it and usually runs away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I vote # 1, but I still would like to see him bring in some help. I think the bar should be higher in terms of putting a good team out when you have a Qb who can win it all.  My biggest gripe is going into seasons where we clearly have a chance to win it all and he handicaps the team with bad f/a moves...see Ocho, Haynesworth, Fanene, JUST last year. (having Ocho on the team making 5 mill and 9 catches for the year was bad cuz we couldnt sign anyone else)  BB know Chad from pro bowls. Funny Guy, but no where near a good fit. Thats Ego. Goldson walked out of here 2 years ago when we low balled him and didnt want to give him 2.5 mill,. he signed for much more the year after. We were paying J.Sanders 3mil/year?

He signed Kyle"I cant play man" Arrington to a 4mill/deal but wont pay a decent safety to play here. He released 4 safeties in one offseason and rolled the dice with Josh Barret, and a host of other unproven players instead of atleast retaining ONE that knew the system. Still made it the bowl and couldnt get off the field due to NOT having a good safety

He signed Joey Galloway at age 39!   He drafts players with no talent just because they went to his alma matta. All these things IRK me because if he cut that out, he would no doubt RUN the League, but the penny pinching and Big Ego and trying to change every bad players stripes is my gripe, BUT I still choose # 1. He is among the best, but he tries too much to get deals. Take it from me, doing that will get you burned a lot. I know from experience with buying cars. You gotta spend! Most times low $$ cars are that way for a reason.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

I agree with your last sentence, but just buy Japanese and/or used from someone who changed the oil every 3000 miles and you'll be fine.

For every failed move as GM, I can 3 times the amount of successes.  I'll take that yield all day, every day, thanks very much.

You can't hold BB to a higher level than other GMs and expected to be taken seriously.  I also don't think BB expected Gaffney to leave in 2009. Still not sure BB was thrilled with McDaniels doing that.

Regardless, we weren't winning a SB in 2009 when he transitioned WISELY SO from Vrabel and Seymour.

But, hey, at least you weren;t a troll not picking option #1.  

PS Haynesworth had an expiring deal in 2011. A 5th rd pick is not worth rolling the dice for 1 year out of him? Of course it was. It's stratgeic poker style moves like that, where he uses leverage better than any GM around, which separates him from other GMs.

For every Haynesworth there are like 3 or 4 other malcontents or gems in terms of players progressing here.

Heck, Ninkovich had more sacks last year than JPP.  I could go on for days with the accolades of BB as a GM. Days.

You said bb is the best GM / one of the best of all time. If this is true, he should be held to a higher standard as should Brady who is one of the best of all time. Expect great things from great people..it's why they are great.

What criteria can be used to grade bb as a GM? I don't count wins and loses because I think it's hard to separate bb the GM from the coach here...which one do you credit more? Each have an equal hand in winning. 

for the record I have been harsh on bb because I do think he is one of the most brilliant minds and expect more from him than other gm's. 

given the choices by babe, I have to rate bb a 1. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Every GM makes mistakes even the good ones. Discussing those mistakes is like talking about the 6 out of 10 times Ted Williams failed to get a hit in 1941.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Every GM makes mistakes even the good ones. Discussing those mistakes is like talking about the 6 out of 10 times Ted Williams failed to get a hit in 1941.

Cross sport references rarely ring true.  This is an example of one that doesn't.  Yes, every GM makes mistakes.  If someone is being called one of the (if not THE) best of all time, I would expect many less boners overall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Cross sport references rarely ring true.  This is an example of one that doesn't.  Yes, every GM makes mistakes.  If someone is being called one of the (if not THE) best of all time, I would expect many less boners overall.

Yes that was certainly a reach to make my point.

It looks like there's two camps here.

The Patriots have had sustained greatness because of Tom Brady.
    The Patriots have had sustained greatness because of GM Bill.

Neither one is going to change the minds of the other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes that was certainly a reach to make my point.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes we will. When Brady retires or significantly degrades.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I totally agree, Digger.

Coach Belichick and Tom Brady have put on a magnificent show.  I answered "1" because I think there are many cases in which a better job could have been done.  Everyone is up my wazoo for this, crying for me to list other GMs that are better.  I'm not rating him against other GMs.  I'm looking at his performance and saying that he absolutely could have done a better job.

That won't change any minds.  It's fun to talk about, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I totally agree, Digger.

Coach Belichick and Tom Brady have put on a magnificent show.  I answered "1" because I think there are many cases in which a better job could have been done.  Everyone is up my wazoo for this, crying for me to list other GMs that are better.  I'm not rating him against other GMs.  I'm looking at his performance and saying that he absolutely could have done a better job.

That won't change any minds.  It's fun to talk about, though.

[/QUOTE]

Half of "everyone" is Rusty fake accounts. He has many fake accounts to try to show he has support. A real sicko.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

There is not other GM I would rather have.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BJGE, Rob Ninkovich, Dan Connolly, Kyle Arrington, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, Ryan Wendell, Alge Crumpler, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson.  All in some way, have been good to very good value/production FA moves. That is 12 names in the last 4 offseasons, prior to this offseason, I'd say 3 FAs on average, helping our team in some way is a pretty darn good yield.

Don't you hate when people check your facts?

How does Alge Crumpler make your list?  Six total receptions in a Pats jersey. 

I am looking forward to your answer.

GREAt blocker. Allowed BB to deal Moss and we turned to a run game. BJGE had 1000 yards rushing as a feature part of the offense in about 11 games. Woodhead, 700 yards.

That's how and why. We won 2 SBs with Dan Graham being used in a similar as an inline TE like that.

He also helpd tutor Gronk which is a big reason why he was signed and made the team after BB drafted two TEs in that draft. BB wanted a pro to tutor Gronk as a rookie.  Very good signing for the club.

See, I know what I am talking about. YOU don't.  

Frankly calling you an idiot would be an insult to idiots. The only person alive that thinks Crumpler was a "very good" signing is you. I suppose you think that TD drop of his was awesome as well, and probably blame Brady for it while you're at it.

Yeah, Graham was soooo good BB let him walk.

You really think just because you say shyte that makes it true. What a stooge. LMAO@U

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sure looks like I've done pretty well in your thread, huh, Babe?

Your level of insanity never ceases to amaze. The place is TEEMING with homers and you crow from the rooftops that YOU have done pretty well. Your dose of obliviousness is astounding.

It is akin to you starting a poll asking how good Brady is and me coming in and noting how well I was doing. But I'm not a nutjob like you so I would never do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those who may have missed it:

The Pats signing of the superblocker Alge Crumpler allowed Belicick to dump Moss and turned the Pats into a running team.

Just so you know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How was tagging Cassel in at 16 million, with everyone knowing that meant BB had to deal Cassel, and getting that return, a "crime"?

It was incredbile considering he had little leverage!

Okay, so you're saying that he put himself in a bad spot, giving himself little leverage?  Why is that a good thing?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, name another GM who had the balls to even tag a known backup at 16 million!!!!??? Are you this stupid??!!

The tag was 16 mil for QBs in 2009!  Cassel was a FA!  If no one came calling, BB looks like a moron with a back up at 16 million in 2009!

Ugh. You're so out of your league and this and you don't even know it!

[/QUOTE]

You're the one who "don't know it". You're getting your azz kicked like you always do, but are too f'n stupid to realize it. LMAO@U

Cassel just put up top 10 numbers. OF COURSE the Pats were going to tag and trade him. Somebody was going to give up a 3rd or 4th at least for him. The rubes here were expecting a #1 for him. I said that wasn't going to happen. BB probably already had a rough deal brewing with Pioli when he tagged him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

For those who may have missed it:

The Pats signing of the superblocker Alge Crumpler allowed Belicick to dump Moss and turned the Pats into a running team.

Just so you know.

It gave him leverage as GM to attempt to bury the failed MOss/Welker based offense.

Another day, another dumbkoff making things up moment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm sure some will say I'm trying to stir the pot with this, but I'm not. I am honestly curious if perceptions have changed. It seems they have from the last time I did this sort of thing a year or two ago. (back when they actually had polls.)

If you're just going to gripe that the question exists you might want to just move on and address some other subject people choose to discuss that doesn't aggravate you.

Please vote on his GM work, not his head coaching skills.

What caliber of GM is BB?

1. Good to among the best in the game.

2. Average to somewhat better than average.

3. Somewhat deficient to a clear failure.

I'll vote 2.

With these definitions, I'd pick one.  I think he's among the best in the game, though I think there are three or four others who are similarly successful, and BB has had enough failures to prevent me from saying he's unequivocally the best.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How was tagging Cassel in at 16 million, with everyone knowing that meant BB had to deal Cassel, and getting that return, a "crime"?

It was incredbile considering he had little leverage!

Okay, so you're saying that he put himself in a bad spot, giving himself little leverage?  Why is that a good thing?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, name another GM who had the balls to even tag a known backup at 16 million!!!!??? Are you this stupid??!!

[/QUOTE]

Cassel just put up 10th rated passer numbers dumbkoff. Are you so stupid that you think BB was going to let him walk for nada?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sure some will say I'm trying to stir the pot with this, but I'm not. I am honestly curious if perceptions have changed. It seems they have from the last time I did this sort of thing a year or two ago. (back when they actually had polls.)

If you're just going to gripe that the question exists you might want to just move on and address some other subject people choose to discuss that doesn't aggravate you.

Please vote on his GM work, not his head coaching skills.

What caliber of GM is BB?

1. Good to among the best in the game.

2. Average to somewhat better than average.

3. Somewhat deficient to a clear failure.

I'll vote 2.

With these definitions, I'd pick one.  I think he's among the best in the game, though I think there are three or four others who are similarly successful, and BB has had enough failures to prevent me from saying he's unequivocally the best.  

[/QUOTE]

No shocker here. You've been degenerating in the last year or so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It gave him leverage as GM to attempt to bury the failed MOss/Welker based offense.

Right dumbkoff, that failed second best offense in NFL history. LMAO@U

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Was this the failed offense that went 16-0?

If you are such a football mind and I'm a pink helmet casual fan troll, how is this happening to you?  Wow, I'm honestly a little embarrassed for you.  Not really, though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Was this the failed offense that went 16-0?

If you are such a football mind and I'm a pink helmet casual fan troll, how is this happening to you?  Wow, I'm honestly a little embarrassed for you.  Not really, though.

[/QUOTE]

Does this guy do the same kind of idiocy in the Bruins forum?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Most of the time I'd like to say he is as good as anyone else and at times better - the guy knows what a good football player looks like, however his free agent signings over the last 5 years have not been good. And I don't like his current trend of drafting multiple players from his buddies programs against the wishes of his scouting department - I could handle that if the players selected were not reaches, but they have been. 

I don't like these signings and I think they had the biggest hand in us not winning another Super Bowl....Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Shawn Springs, Robert Gallery, Stallworth, Gaffney, Fenene, Gregory, Fred Taylor, Joseph Addai, Shiancoe. We were primed for another title...the salary cap had been managed...money was there to spend...needs needed to be filled and we laid a gigantic egg. Gigantic. No one remains (except Gregory) from last year's free agent signings - that was the off season we went into it with 26 million to spend and we came away with Gregory. Think about that. Here we are a year later and we've drafted two safeties to get Gregory off the field and signed another in free agency this year. If Gregory's conttract wasn't such a factor everyone of the free agents from last season would be gone.

I give him a 2. 

You do realize there was a lockout in 2011, correct?

His FA signings have mostly been outstanding:

Brandon Bolden also looks quite good to me last year when BB brought in Brandon Lloyd in FA.

You just are one of those fans that needs media reassurance so you can feel secure, which is somewhat embarrassing for you considering you're an adult.

ANd, I am not even counting this year's, which I think are superb with future HOFer (potentially) Adrian Wilson, Leon Washington and Tommy Kelly leading the list.

BB wasn't entering the lockout after 2011 (or spending a lot in the uncapped 2010 because most of the NFL colluded anyway to stay around 120 million), so that's why he didn't make enormous, homerun splashes in FA.  If you knew a shred about economics or business, you'd know this. It's why the Jets are in the utter disaster they are in. I've explained this to you before, but you keep immaturely thinking the salary cap doesn't mean anything, contracts don't mean anything and it's there, just because. LOL

But, the players he's signed in FA and developed, the list above?  Show me a team that has done better work in that area, please.

Good luck, Mt Hurl.  Good luck.

PS You keep mentioning Gallery and Addai if means something. Our RBs were superb as was our O Line last year, so Gallery retiring or Addai deemded not good enough, are moot examples. Where did you go to college, Mt Hurl? The board would love to know this.  If our O Line wasn't very good or the Ridley didn't run amuck with Bolden and Vereen w/Woodhead on the bench, the supposed disaster that was Addai not cutting it here, might make sense.

Leave it to you to pee yourself over Kyle Arrington, BJGE, Ryan Wendell, Alge Crumpler (the guy who dropped that touchdown), one year band aides  Anderson, Carter and Lloyd. You got to be kidding me? Did you really miss out on that much milk at birth? We signed 150 free agents over the last four years and this is what you wet your pants over? No one has his head further up his rear than you. No one. Half those guys are offensive linemen...Christ! Scharnecia could turn you into a starting guard.

We had a window remaining where we could of really added to this team, instead we went value...had to beat everyone at the negotiation table...had to be smarter than everyone. How smart do we look now? We just gave 41 million to a serial killer! Our double tightend offense is gone, ruined by all the reasons we were warned about with those two players...injury and questionable character. All of the targets Brady was throwing to last year are gone. We just gave the most injury prone receiver in the NFL a longer and larger contract than Welker. What are you going to write when Amendola goes down and Welker is catching 8 passes a week from Manning? I'm sure you'll spin it in some positive light...it's what people lacking milk at birth do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Do you really want me to again say BB would have 4 rings (or 5), if Brady was better in SB 42 or SB 46? Do you? 

And what is your assessment of the O-line play in SB 42 dumbkoff?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Are you asking me if Rusty does, or are you asking Rusty if I do?  LOL

Just want to be sure!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Are you asking me if Rusty does, or are you asking Rusty if I do?  LOL

Just want to be sure!

[/QUOTE]

I'm asking if Rusty is a pariah in the Bruins forum like he is here.

Sections
Shortcuts