BB the GM poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BB the GM poll.

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Pretty hard to make changes when the moron QB is tossing 3 INTs. Oh, he made changes alright.

Dealing Moss in 2010 was another example. Walking from Welkie, another.

Why couldn't the coach make changes in game?

Oh yes.  The "Failed Welker/Moss offense".  It's good that Belichick busted that up.  Record setting offenses are bad news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You've never once been critical of Tom Brady. Not once. He's been great according to you in his last 3 AFC title games, as you post his flawed QBR. lol

Of course I have criticizesd Brady. He has pressed to make things happen because the offense around him and/or the defense is stinking the place up. He should be handing it off and taking whatever he can get on pass plays instead of trying to shoulder the whole load and trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  

You on the other hand NEVER call out ANYTHING the rest of the team does on the field. I cannot recall you criticizing a single player on the field other than Brady. Ever.

And that's why I LMAO@U dumbkoff.

[/QUOTE]

I don't comment on Logan Mankins? That's a flat out lie.

Above, your supposed criticism of Brady is actually veiled by you saying others let Brady down around him, so that doesn't count.

You can do it, Babe. Just repeat after me: Brady has sucked in his last 3 AFC title games and been barely mediocre in his last 2 SBs. You can do it!  The board knows you can!

[/QUOTE]

You have not complained about the play of the O-line. You complain about Mankins because of his contract.

Like I say, the only finger you point is at Brady even when the rest of the team is stinking out the stadium.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Like I say, the only finger you point is at Brady even when the rest of the team is stinking out the stadium.

Don't forget that the actual problem is that Brady only cares about his stats and setting up in the shotgun yet the greatest coach in the history of the world is powerless to make any changes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't forget that the actual problem is that Brady only cares about his stats and setting up in the shotgun yet the greatest coach in the history of the world is powerless to make any changes.

[/QUOTE]

BB is afraid of Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Why not talk your hockey talk to the hockey side?

Oh, that's right.  You made a total fool of yourself over there and are afraid to return.

nice to see ol Russ makes a big a fool of himself there too

I see a pattern here

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

2 trending toward 3 in recent years.  

Inability to attract/retain key assistant/coordinator talent.  Outside of Dante and BB the management team is really poor (maybe McDaniels will work-out), and has been really poor for some time.    

Has one of the best owners in the NFL, who appears to not meddle much. 

HOF quarterback who has consistently agreed to cap friendly deals.

Long-term problems not fixed for years -  like cornerbacks, pass rush. 

Not spending to the cap and bringing-in the best possible talent during Brady window.

More recently - Tavon Wilson and, worse, the rutgers obsession - which is just unprofessional.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I thought I read some where just recently that the BB and Kraft thought chia and the Bruins all they know about cap and drafting ,now since according to rusty the Bruins made esome bad deals already just have to ask does that go agianst BB?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ache, I appreciate your honest testimony. I am also curious as to why you only seem to post these days relative to my activities here.

I only recall two "retirements". One was because numerous persons suggested that I was a disruptive influence on the board. I was leaving to allow peace, but many urged me to stay so I reconsidered because I felt it was wrong to abandon my fellow fans to contest the troll Rusty without my assistance. Though there was more to my decision to stay that that.

Then I sometime later was "banned". That alerted me to the reality that I was being too abusive toward my fellow fans. I returned and restricted myself to two threads for a number of days. Then the reset occurred. My original incarnation was reinstated. I endeavored to begin anew without the name calling and have adhered to that policy quite strictly. But I declared I would not adhere to anything regarding Rusty the troll (and possibly his fake accounts). And I will stand by that.

The second retirement was due to the mods anal deleting of so many posts. Between Rusty, the mods and the abysmal site performance this place simply sucks. My posts were few and far between for some time despite the many fellow fans that had urged me to carry on.

I am the type of person that just leaves when things suck. But despite the great sucking that exists here I have to admit to this point I cannot leave. And I cannot leave because of my fellow fans. I cannot leave because we have been through a lot together here. I cannot leave because I find kindred spirit with those who love this team so much they post multiple times daily about them.

I never announced I was leaving to seek attention. Lord knows I get all the attention I could ever want here. I did it because leaving my fellow fans that I have been sharing the fates of this team with without a word seemed wrong to me.

Several things about this site are infuriating and would prompt any poster to want to leave. But, pay no mind to me if I post that I'm leaving again. Because I probably won't and I probably won't because my fellow fans here are awesome fans that enhance the experience of being a Pats fan for me.

I thank them for their loyalty to the team and their good conversation.

You retired twice in 2012. The first was in March which you mentioned; the second, ummmm...I'm not sure when. I did a quick search for it and came up empty. For some reason I cant find it. I'm either looking in the wrong place, or it was deleted from the board. Several threads vanished suddenly during the "reset" last September. Perhaps your retirement thread was one of them. I dont know

But there were definitely two retirements last year. I mentioned both in the The Babe Parilli Watch thread. I wouldnt have made something like that up

The third retirement as you say happened early this year when you were fed up with the mod staff. So that makes three retirements in just under 12 months. Not bad!

PS I dont mean to focus in strictly on you, Babe, but youre one of this board's big personalities. A message board cant have enough of those IMO. I like your style

Peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's disingenuous and shows an attempt to discredit Belichick simply because you don't like him personally, not because you think he is bad.  

I like BB very much. He is a contemporary of mine and from all I can see the kind of guy I would like. As a matter of fact there isn't a thing I can detect about his personality that I dislike. I think he was stupid on spygate, and suspect at this juncture he does too. And there is just no need for him to be the curmudgeon he is with the press. That's stupid too.

But, he's just not that great a GM. I like the guy, I just don't guzzle kool-aide.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on both of your specific points. Spygate was as unnecessary as it was stupid. And being a tiny bit friendlier to the press is not all that hard. Having said that, I would rank Belicheck as top 1 or 2 in coaching and top 5 as GM. It would be hard to factually make the case that this is not true. No anecdotes, qualitative reasoning, or personal impressions allowed. State the case in factual, quantifiable terms.

[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. most of what I have seen here has been subjective. What quantifiable criteria is available to rank bb the GM against his peers? It has to be able to be considered independent of wins and loses as these are also contributable to bb the coach. Perhaps weighted criteria.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A GM has to be judged by W/L's and success/failure. Success/failure or Wins/losses are a direct result of the 53 man roster and coaching staff/orginization.

BB 13 year resume as GM of the Pat's to date.

Reg Season 151-57 .726

Playoffs 17-7 .708

AFCCG's 5-2

SB's 3-2

I have said this before there is not one GM in the NFL that is perfect and there is not one GM that has not made multiple mistakes in the draft and FA including BB.

I understand the frustration as well as anyone losing AFCCG's and SB's but how many GM's in the NFL have this type of resume? I am not saying he is the best but if not he is in the top few. Just my 2 cents.

I can understand that point of view and share it to a slight extent.  I give more credit to Brady than Belichick.  I think the only we'd truly know if one was the product of the other (either way) would to be see what would happen with different teams.

[/QUOTE]
    We already have seen what Belichick can do in 7 full seasons without TB (ie. 5 seasons in Cleveland and 2 seasons in New England )  In 7 seasons as HC without TB, BB's record is 43-52 with only 1 wildcard playoff win in 7 seasons.  Seven seasons is not a small sample size. TB has always been Belichick's meal ticket and always will be. I vote BB is below average as a GM.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Does anybody think the teams of the last 2-3 years are as good as the dynasty teams? If not then the team has degraded. And if not the GM is the guy who is responsible for that degradation.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The dynasty teams were among the best of all time. Of course the recent teams aren't as good. It's foolish to expect that same level of play. Todays NFL is designed for parity not dynasties. What the Patriots have done to remain competitive should be praised not criticised.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You've never once been critical of Tom Brady. Not once. He's been great according to you in his last 3 AFC title games, as you post his flawed QBR. lol

Of course I have criticizesd Brady. He has pressed to make things happen because the offense around him and/or the defense is stinking the place up. He should be handing it off and taking whatever he can get on pass plays instead of trying to shoulder the whole load and trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  

You on the other hand NEVER call out ANYTHING the rest of the team does on the field. I cannot recall you criticizing a single player on the field other than Brady. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

Above, your supposed criticism of Brady is actually veiled by you saying others let Brady down around him, so that doesn't count.

You can do it, Babe. Just repeat after me: Brady has sucked in his last 3 AFC title games and been barely mediocre in his last 2 SBs. You can do it!  The board knows you can!

[/QUOTE]

You have not complained about the play of the O-line. You complain about Mankins because of his contract.

[/QUOTE]

You know something? You're right, I've never really can recall him complaining about a single player besides Brady and Mankins. Lol! Wow, here the guy bashes a guard that is generally considered to be one of the best in the NFL and on the other hand slams what may be the best player in the entire league. Now that's distorted. Meanwhile he praised guys like Meriweather when everyone tried to explain to him how bad he was...Chung too. 

Now that I think of it, he did bash Welker a bit too, which is funny in its own right...the guy may go down as the best slot receiver in NFL history...in fact every slot receiver being drafted today is compared to the guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know something? You're right, I've never really can recall him complaining about a single player besides Brady and Mankins. Lol! Wow, here the guy bashes a guard that is generally considered to be one of the best in the NFL and on the other hand slams what may be the best player in the entire league. Now that's distorted. Meanwhile he praised guys like Meriweather when everyone tried to explain to him how bad he was...Chung too. 

Now that I think of it, he did bash Welker a bit too, which is funny in its own right...the guy may go down as the best slot receiver in NFL history...in fact every slot receiver being drafted today is compared to the guy.

[/QUOTE]

I don't recall him slamming Mankins or Welker for their play. He slammed Mankins for his contract and Welker for being part of the "too much passing" issue he rants about.

The funniest thing is that while he incessantly slams the greatest player in team history and perhaps league history, he applauds every dirtbag scrub he sees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

The dynasty teams were among the best of all time. Of course the recent teams aren't as good. It's foolish to expect that same level of play. Todays NFL is designed for parity not dynasties. What the Patriots have done to remain competitive should be praised not criticised.

Glad you can admit BB the GM has let the team degrade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Belichick took a team that hadn't had a losing season in 4 years and had made the playoffs 3 of those 4 years and went 5 - 11 with them.

He had one winning season in Cleveland out of 5. Hard to spin that into something impressive.

Right place, right time, lucky man.

[QUOTE]

So Belichick took the Browns from 3 wins to 11 wins and the number 1 defense in the entire NFL because he was lucky, got it. 

He took a team Pete Carroll couldn't lead to the playoffs in three seasons to 3 Super Bowls and won them all because he happened to be in the right place at the right time... got it. 

All he did after "spygate" was go on a 21 game winning streak with two players from the Parcells regime, only one of whom played... and your answer as to how is one word... Moss.  

Makes you wonder how the Raiders could go 2-14 the year before with Randy Moss on the team, also who was the GM that engineered the Randy Moss trade?  

Oh yeah, I guess BB is the luckiest guy on the planet.  

Dumber, dumber, dumbest... this thread has gone from silly to stupid with just a few taps of the keyboard.

1997, we lost to the Steelers in the playoffs. It was the Kordell stewart game I believe. The one where he scrambled and out ran T.Johnson on the sideline I wanna say for a 1st down to win the game. We were in it till the end. I dont totally agree with Babes take on BB, but lets stick to facts in our arguements.  BB inherited a very talented team on both sides of the ball, minus the aging Bledsoe and they went downhill because Carrol was a pushova, rah rah guy who couldnt get the team to focus or stay out the clubs. So BB brought discipline and structure to go along with the talent and drated Brady to complete the deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB has never won the AFCE without Brady.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

Sections
Shortcuts