BB the GM poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BB the GM poll.

In response to Muzwell's comment:

So, I know I should go to the B's board, but I'm a creature of habit... What's your take on the trade?

Muzz, I don't want to talk hockey here.  I cannot stand when people come to the B's board and talk about baseball, basketball or football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

So, I know I should go to the B's board, but I'm a creature of habit... What's your take on the trade?

Muzz, I don't want to talk hockey here.  I cannot stand when people come to the B's board and talk about baseball, basketball or football.

OK man, I understand.  After all this board is certified 99.8 percent pure Patriots football talk...well, except for the half that's about the death penalty and solving all the world's social ills....and then there's that stuff about guns...and movies...and...oh yeah, our former tight end...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

That same stat could call into question BB's coaching too.  What makes you think he's a great coach but a poor GM?  Based on the logic above, you could say all his success is based on having Brady, and that his coaching and team-building ability have nothing to do with it. 

It is a fact of life that BB's greatest success came with a good number of players he did not acquire, especially on defense. Therefore the "team building" results which are exclusively his show a history of falling short of the mark. We have already shown that his results without Brady are mundane at best. Therefore it is also reasonable to draw the conclusion that he did not build a great team at all. Rather that he added the HOFer Brady to a good core team he inherited and let that core slowly slip away by ho hum team building skills.

As far as coaching, he is proclaimed universally as a great coach. I'm not going to argue that point. Even Brady has said he is the greatest COACH ever. No such sparkling and universal proclamations are made about him as a GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

A GM has to be judged by W/L's and success/failure. Success/failure or Wins/losses are a direct result of the 53 man roster and coaching staff/orginization.

BB 13 year resume as GM of the Pat's to date.

Reg Season 151-57 .726

Playoffs 17-7 .708

AFCCG's 5-2

SB's 3-2

Could I see that BB Patriots resume for a minute please? Thank you.

Hmmmm..... interesting. It says here.....

BB's record with Brady is 10 playoff appearances made in 11 seasons. Without him, zero appearances in two seasons. Wow.

Oh and this here says BB is 136 - 39 with Brady and 16 -16 without him.

Oh and, on the playoffs, I guess since BB has never gotten a Pats team to the playoffs without Brady he has no playoff wins without Brady as well.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Babe, you could counter the same with Brady... he has never been to or won a playoff game without BB.

I think you're speaking to BB the coach, not the GM here.

Obviously the personnel on the team the two times Brady was absent were substantially the same as the subsequent year that Brady was present and they made the playoffs rather than the playoff fail that existed without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Well, then who acquired them? He;s been the GM here since 2000!  The only key players he didn't acquire were Law, McGinest, Brown, Bruschi and Faulk.

Wrong. As always.

In 2001, in addition to Law, McGinist, Brown, Bruschi and Falk, there were Vinatieri, Johnson, Milloy, Jones, Rutledge, Woody and Mitchell.

That's only half the starters dumbkoff.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the VI.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Could I see that BB Patriots resume for a minute please? Thank you.

Hmmmm..... interesting. It says here.....

BB's record with Brady is 10 playoff appearances made in 11 seasons. Without him, zero appearances in two seasons. Wow.

Oh and this here says BB is 136 - 39 with Brady and 16 -16 without him.

Oh and, on the playoffs, I guess since BB has never gotten a Pats team to the playoffs without Brady he has no playoff wins without Brady as well.

Walsh's record with Montana is 7 playoff appearances made in 8 seasons. Without him, zero appearances in two seasons. Wow.

Bill Walsh was 92-59-1 with his 3rd round QB 17-23-1 without him.

Oh and, on the playoffs, I guess since Walsh has never gotten a 49ers team to the playoffs without Montana he has no playoff wins without Montana as well.

Hunh?

Right, Walsh didn't get to the playoffs until he was in his 3rd season and had built up the team.

BB on the other hand had a 5 year mostly failed stint in Cleveland before he got to the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay and Dan Marino didn't win with Don Shula.

I haven't seen the level of competition the Bills provided (with Kelly, Thomas and Smith) for most of Marino's career in our AFC East over the BB years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

And, what did that get them?  They also use a run game to help Rapelisturd.  We don't. Brady can't wait to throw 2 INTs and race to 45 pass attempts.

The Steelers? LOL

Tebow beat them two years ago in the playoffs and they just missed the playoffs. 15 PPG?  LOL

Seems like that really doesn't mean anything, huh? They're also one of the worst, if not the worst in creating turnovers. Ouch. You walked into another wall.

That's all really interesting stuff.  It's not on topic, but interesting.  I'm not sure why you'd be coming down so hard on them, however.  They've won two SuperBowls since the best coach and GM won his last. 

But, back on topic:  You were making fun of someone for suggesting 15 points against per game, suggesting that things like that don't happen in the modern era.  Well, the 49ers did it recently.  So did the Steelers.  How can such a pink hat casual fan like myself know so much more about all of this than such a football mastermind like yourself?

Dude, Rusty has to hate the fact that you post here now. Expect him to attempt to discredit you by character assasination. Keep it up! Now I can relax and watch you do your thing. Good Job newbie. You ARE doing good for a pink hat, but consider the source calling you one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. He had Cleveland in the playoffs in 3 seasons (1994) and CLeveland was loaded for bear with older players off the team and clean books, ready to ascend. Then, Modell announced the move.

If BB hadn't benched Kosar in 1994, the Browns would not have even made the playoffs.

As usual, you're wrong.

You're a nutjob.

Not only did BB have 4 out of 5 losing seasons with Cleveland, but the "ready to ascend" newly moved and named Ravens took FIVE YEARS to put up a winning season! You try to claim credit for BB on a team a half decade after he was gone. LMAO@U

The VI bludgeoned again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Okay and Dan Marino didn't win with Don Shula.

I haven't seen the level of competition the Bills provided (with Kelly, Thomas and Smith) for most of Marino's career in our AFC East over the BB years.

You play who is in front of you. Throughout the 80's & early 90's the Giants, 9er's skins were able to win at least once while battling each other.

2 of the team had great coaching and adequate to good QB's  and one team had good coaching and a HOF QB.

Point being is that great players or great coaches will find a way to win if the GM has supplied enough talent to compliment them.

Look, as I said I don't begrudge anyones opinion. My opinion and it is only an opinion based on the record BB holds as a GM is that he is a 1(based on the criteria you set) in todays game... maybe not the best but in the arguement.

As far as Brady or Belichik being responsible for the success of the team... again it is only my opinion but they are and always will be tied together. Their legacy's will forever be connected... just an opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Bill is one of the best GMs in the game but I think you can also make arguments for other GMs being in the picture. Bottom line any team that has won multiple super bowls has a good GM - unlike even the NBA you just can't luck or BS your way into enough great players to win it all multiple times without being a great GM. I'd say getting to the championship game and winning a Super Bowl could be enough. 

BB is in that conversation, so is Ravens GM, Giants GM, Steelers GM. You can't argue with those team's results. Packers GM also. Woiuld have to give other NFC teams more thought. 

So I'd give Bill a 1.5. However, he is not infallible as a GM and warrants criticism at certain points. Again I will judge the team by results not by the offseason in the end, but it's fair to say for now BB the GM has had a very rough offseason. I won't go through all the screw ups as I've made the case before. 

Rusty, I get too frustrated with your Belichick is better than Lombardi, Brady cost us two Super Bowls and can't play in the postseason anymore schtick to argue with it except with potshots. 

But I will say this: your entire argument falls apart because if BB is that good a coach, and Brady is costing his team, then you take action. You bench him for a series of plays, bring in a Tebow type to run goal line or running plays, whatever it is. You get control of your team back. 

So your argument caves totally in on itself. if BB is good as you say then he has to get control of Brady. You can argue Belichick is a great coach/GM and Brady is overrated, but you simply can't say that BB is an all time great coash and not hold him accountable for QB related decisions. 

That's not even taking into account that from what I know of the facts it doesn't work that way. But even if Brady was out of control, BB still has the power to yank him. Your argument has a huge logic flaw. 

My argument doesn't because I blame the entire team for our losses (though different games would cause different levels of blame). I also make the case that in todays' NFL, you can't have a Brad Johnson type QB and a shut down defense and win. Offensive rules have shifted too much. 

But: somewhere between 6-10 teams have a quarterback good enough to win it all. Maybe 12. Defense comes into play much more significantly in the post season. Mobile quarterbacks and running game to some extent as well. 

Where you have a partial point on Brady is that he is no longer #1 or #2 in the postseason. Mostly because the value of mobility for a QB has gone up, and Brady's own mobility has decreased even from its limited point. And yes, since the lost year he is just a bit more skittish. 

He's stil plenty good enough to win it all though. He does, however, need to be surrounded by more game changes at offense and defense skill positions. And that's why BB's bad offseason couldn't have been timed any worse. 

But - I'll be happy to be proven wrong about BB's offseason if we make a deep playoff run into 2014.

Post of the Year Nomination. I concur.  Really, after reading this clear and consice analysis, if Rusty doesnt drop his agenda, he never will.   Bravo!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I've been to far more games at the old Garden than he has. bawhaha

THAT is what probably kills him.  I am loving it. And, the fact he continues to prove himself a moron.   He didn't even know BB tagged Cassel at 16 mil before trading him.  He claimed BB should have gotten more.

bawahahah

I didn't know they tagged him at $16M.  I did know they tagged him at $14.65M.

I have never spoken about how many times I attended games at the old Garden.  You've boasted about your 50 free rides there.

When I was a kid, my family had season tickets for three years.  I went to most of those games.  If I went to at least 75% (which is what I usually estimate), that's 90 games in three years.  You have a possible 50 in your life.

You should have me on ignore.  Nothing good ever comes from you addressing me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

And, what did that get them?  They also use a run game to help Rapelisturd.  We don't. Brady can't wait to throw 2 INTs and race to 45 pass attempts.

The Steelers? LOL

Tebow beat them two years ago in the playoffs and they just missed the playoffs. 15 PPG?  LOL

Seems like that really doesn't mean anything, huh? They're also one of the worst, if not the worst in creating turnovers. Ouch. You walked into another wall.

That's all really interesting stuff.  It's not on topic, but interesting.  I'm not sure why you'd be coming down so hard on them, however.  They've won two SuperBowls since the best coach and GM won his last. 

But, back on topic:  You were making fun of someone for suggesting 15 points against per game, suggesting that things like that don't happen in the modern era.  Well, the 49ers did it recently.  So did the Steelers.  How can such a pink hat casual fan like myself know so much more about all of this than such a football mastermind like yourself?

Dude, Rusty has to hate the fact that you post here now. Expect him to attempt to discredit you by character assasination. Keep it up! Now I can relax and watch you do your thing. Good Job newbie. You ARE doing good for a pink hat, but consider the source calling you one.

I've been to far more games at the old Garden than he has. bawhaha

THAT is what probably kills him.  I am loving it. And, the fact he continues to prove himself a moron.   He didn't even know BB tagged Cassel at 16 mil before trading him.  He claimed BB should have gotten more.

bawahahah

Cannot be made up. Hey, how is the drug dealing thingy going so far this summer?  Your kids tap into your stash?

Nice deflection as usual. Im not here to start with you today though. Just wanted to point out what a good job he is doing, being a hockey fan and all...lol

I am not gonna answer any more out of topic questions about my personal for you to write down and announce something totally different.  Lets stick to football, which you are having enough problems with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Just so we're clear, Belichick took over the Browns (3-13) and rebuilt that franchise from the ground up, within three years they were 11-5, had the number 1 rated defense in the entire NFL, which helped create the conditions for Art Modell to move the team.  

The same talented Patriot's team that Belichick was so lucky to "inherit" went 10-6, 9-7, then 8-8 under Pete Carroll.  Apparently all that talent wasn't enough to save Carroll's job but Belichick got lucky those players were there to make him look good right?

When Belichick took over the Patriot's they were terrible, pretending like they should have instantly been good the moment he arrived here (or Cleveland for that matter) is dumb.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB, the offense in 2008 was 8th best in the NFL in points scored and 5th best in terms of yards.  They led the entire NFL in first downs.  

The Patriots will continue winning after Brady is gone assuming Belichick stays on and to judge him on his record prior to Brady or from a short stint in Cleveland is dismissing the act of rebuilding a franchise and pretending that the moment a GM takes over a franchise everything changes instantly.  It's disingenuous and shows an attempt to discredit Belichick simply because you don't like him personally, not because you think he is bad.  

Belichick has lorded over the winningest franchise in football, if he is one of the best football minds in the history of the game isn't even a question, only entitled fans or haters choose to think otherwise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Just so we're clear, Belichick took over the Browns (3-13) and rebuilt that franchise from the ground up, within three years they were 11-5, had the number 1 rated defense in the entire NFL, which helped create the conditions for Art Modell to move the team.  

The same talented Patriot's team that Belichick was so luck to "inherit" went 10-6, 9-7, then 8-8 under Pete Carroll.  Apparently all that talent wasn't enough to save Carroll's job but Belichick got lucky those players were there to make him look good right?

When Belichick took over the Patriot's they were terrible, pretending like they should have instantly been good the moment he arrived here (or Cleveland for that matter) is dumb.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB, the offense in 2008 was 8th best in the NFL in points scored and 5th best in terms of yards.  They led the entire NFL in first downs.  

The Patriots will continue winning after Brady is gone assuming Belichick stays on and to judge him on his record prior to Brady or from a short stint in Cleveland is dismissing the act of rebuilding a franchise and pretending that the moment a GM takes over a franchise everything changes instantly.  It's disingenuous and shows an attempt to discredit Belichick simply because you don't like him personally, not because you think he is bad.  

Belichick has lorded over the winningest franchise in football, if he is one of the best football minds in the history of the game isn't even a question, only entitled fans or haters choose to think otherwise.

This is a good post, although I may not agree totally. There was plenty of talent on the inherited patriots team. Carrols declining record shouldnt be viewed as the teams lack of talent. It was Carrols lack of "team structure" and him allowing them to club too much and not take offseason conditioning serious is what them decline. So I will credit to BB for bringing in more emphasis on the minicamp, offseason things. What I also will mention though which im sure most fans will forget is that BRADY Also changed the environment in a positive way upon his arrival. I recall Bradys "work ethic" changing the culture because he practiced so hard and took it as a real game. He came from college with that hunger of not being a starter and took every rep serious. Milloy also noticed this and pointed it out. From there on, players were more accountable and took to his leadership more and more. BB always gloats on that and sais he wouldnt have anyone else lead his team, its a pleasure to coach, etc. In closing, my only real disagreement is I dont believe BB will coach after Brady retires and so we will never see BB with another QB to make that distinction. I think BB and Brady both equally NEED each other.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

the last 3 drafts (can't include this year's yet) were outstanding.  McCourty, Gronk, Hern, Spikes, Mesko, Ridley, Solder, Vereen, Cannon, Dennard, Jones, Hightower have all contributed to a Super Bowl team and an AFC Conference Championship team.

Simply nonsense. And you wonder why people think you are Rusty. Taken straight out of the Rusty bible.

No great drafting at this point in that sample. Gronk has turned into an injury nightmare, Hern a possible mass murderer. Mesco is a f'n punter, Solder was a mid 1st rounder that has yet to see a pro-bowl and the rest are nothing more than filler at this juncture.

Classic overrating.

How does that make any sense?  I reference and state facts about the last 3 drafts when we are talking about drafting and somehow that translates to me being Rusty?  You are sick.  Nobody else here thinks I'm Rusty except for you and Phat Rex.  Nice company.

ESAD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The same talented Patriot's team that Belichick was so lucky to "inherit" went 10-6, 9-7, then 8-8 under Pete Carroll.  Apparently all that talent wasn't enough to save Carroll's job but Belichick got lucky those players were there to make him look good right?

Belichick took a team that hadn't had a losing season in 4 years and had made the playoffs 3 of those 4 years and went 5 - 11 with them.

He had one winning season in Cleveland out of 5. Hard to spin that into something impressive.

Right place, right time, lucky man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the last 3 drafts (can't include this year's yet) were outstanding.  McCourty, Gronk, Hern, Spikes, Mesko, Ridley, Solder, Vereen, Cannon, Dennard, Jones, Hightower have all contributed to a Super Bowl team and an AFC Conference Championship team.

Simply nonsense. And you wonder why people think you are Rusty. Taken straight out of the Rusty bible.

No great drafting at this point in that sample. Gronk has turned into an injury nightmare, Hern a possible mass murderer. Mesco is a f'n punter, Solder was a mid 1st rounder that has yet to see a pro-bowl and the rest are nothing more than filler at this juncture.

Classic overrating.

How does that make any sense?  I reference and state facts about the last 3 drafts when we are talking about drafting and somehow that translates to me being Rusty?  You are sick.  Nobody else here thinks I'm Rusty except for you and Phat Rex.  Nice company.

ESAD

Well, you say all the same dum bass things as Rusty. So don't be surprised when you are called him.

You ESAD. You're pretty much worthless here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's disingenuous and shows an attempt to discredit Belichick simply because you don't like him personally, not because you think he is bad.  

I like BB very much. He is a contemporary of mine and from all I can see the kind of guy I would like. As a matter of fact there isn't a thing I can detect about his personality that I dislike. I think he was stupid on spygate, and suspect at this juncture he does too. And there is just no need for him to be the curmudgeon he is with the press. That's stupid too.

But, he's just not that great a GM. I like the guy, I just don't guzzle kool-aide.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Classic overrating.

ESAD

Well, you say all the same dum bass things as Rusty. So don't be surprised when you are called him.

LOL!! Coming from the guy who the majority of the board cannot stand.

Hey, remember when you acted like an attention-starved teenager by announcing your "retirement" from a public forum board?  You remember that?  Do you remember when an overwhelming majority of the posters who responded thought it was pathetic and were glad to see you go?

The irony is too rich.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey, remember when you acted like an attention-starved teenager by announcing your "retirement" from a public forum board?  You remember that?  Do you remember when an overwhelming majority of the posters who responded thought it was pathetic and were glad to see you go?

The irony is too rich.

[/QUOTE]

The "rustyspeak" is pretty funny Rusty.

Actually a whole bunch of people said stay in that thread. Hell, even my old buddy wozzy was supportive.

You are the most reviled poster here Rusty. Hands down. Even some who used to tolerate you are sick of you at this point. So now that they have turned on you your claim is that they have become "trolls" and I influenced them. LMAO@U

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

It's disingenuous and shows an attempt to discredit Belichick simply because you don't like him personally, not because you think he is bad.  

I like BB very much. He is a contemporary of mine and from all I can see the kind of guy I would like. As a matter of fact there isn't a thing I can detect about his personality that I dislike. I think he was stupid on spygate, and suspect at this juncture he does too. And there is just no need for him to be the curmudgeon he is with the press. That's stupid too.

But, he's just not that great a GM. I like the guy, I just don't guzzle kool-aide.

I agree with you on both of your specific points. Spygate was as unnecessary as it was stupid. And being a tiny bit friendlier to the press is not all that hard. Having said that, I would rank Belicheck as top 1 or 2 in coaching and top 5 as GM. It would be hard to factually make the case that this is not true. No anecdotes, qualitative reasoning, or personal impressions allowed. State the case in factual, quantifiable terms.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

The irony is too rich.

Actually a whole bunch of people said stay in that thread. Hell, even my old buddy wozzy was supportive.

You are the most reviled poster here Rusty. Hands down. Even some who used to tolerate you are sick of you at this point. So now that they have turned on you your claim is that they have become "trolls" and I influenced them. LMAO@U

Dude calm down I think he is a great poster not that I agree with all he says but hes not rusty!!Not everyone is a trol cause u disagree with them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Babe, explain 2007. 16-0. Arguably, one of the greatest teams of all time. Kevin Faulk and Tedy Bruschi were the only players left from any previous regime. They were 1st on offense, 4th on defense, numerous NFL records, certainly the best NFL team ever to not win a championship. Belichick built that team. Do you discount that season as a failure or was that all Tom Brady?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

The irony is too rich.

Dude calm down I think he is a great poster not that I agree with all he says but hes not rusty!!Not everyone is a trol cause u disagree with them.

Appreciate it bro.  But be forewarned: you have just set yourself up to be the next victim of the Rusty accusations.  There's no sense in trying to enlighten him because nothing can penetrate his thick, stubborn skull.

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts