BB - There Is No Sending a Message

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: BB - There Is No Sending a Message

An interesting comment from BB was - "We were able to punch out a few runs and threw the ball over 40 times."

No mention whatsoever that throwing over 40 times is a recipe for losing.

So Rusty's theory that BB has been unable to stop the mad passing attack of McD/Brady proves to be nothing more than BS. BB obviously is well aware of just how much passing vs running his team does. But we all (except apparently the dumbkoff) knew that already.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

Ridley isn't confused. I'm sure Bill sat him down and told him he would be inactive because they wanted to go with a set of running backs who are more secure with the ball. 

This whole dance is about the media .... Ridley has already been told what the situation is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

An interesting comment from BB was - "We were able to punch out a few runs and threw the ball over 40 times."

No mention whatsoever that throwing over 40 times is a recipe for losing.

So Rusty's theory that BB has been unable to stop the mad passing attack of McD/Brady proves to be nothing more than BS. BB obviously is well aware of just how much passing vs running his team does. But we all (except apparently the dumbkoff) knew that already.

The final count of passes and runs is determined by the score. NE threw a ton of passes this week because they had to get back into the game, and because the defense kept allowing Houston to score. 

On other weeks, they don't because they are trying to run the clock out with a lead. 

The Baltimore playoff game is a time capsule for this. Prior to Ridley's fumble and the three drive sequence that landed Baltimore a commanding lead in the 4th, NE had run the ball as often as they had passed it. Once Baltimore had the lead ... they had to pass another 28 times trying to extend the game and catch up. From that point forth NE almost exclusively passed the football ... but the game plan that got them into the situation was a run-first game plan. 

This is how football works. Bill, I am sure, understands this.

Counting passes and runs this obssesivley is something almost exclusive to a few posters on this forum. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Ridley isn't confused. I'm sure Bill sat him down and told him he would be inactive because they wanted to go with a set of running backs who are more secure with the ball. 

This whole dance is about the media .... Ridley has already been told what the situation is. 

A message was definitely sent . He fumbles in multiple games. Was the number 1 back . Then a healthy scratch yes a message was sent loud n clear. I agree with BB it was the right call. As long as Blount , Shane V, Develin, Bolden can get the tough yards on 3 rd and 1 or 2 and move the chains. He can sit the entire year. Now if he comes backs and gets a 100 yards I will be the first one to cheer. Because I want to see the pats win at any cost. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

They can't throw that many times and win.  Brady is just padding his stats and that doesn't work.  That is why they traded Welker.

Everyone knows this, Babe.  It's been written here about 90,000 times, so it must be true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

A message was definitely sent . He fumbles in multiple games. Was the number 1 back . Then a healthy scratch yes a message was sent loud n clear. I agree with BB it was the right call. As long as Blount , Shane V, Develin, Bolden can get the tough yards on 3 rd and 1 or 2 and move the chains. He can sit the entire year. Now if he comes backs and gets a 100 yards I will be the first one to cheer. Because I want to see the pats win at any cost. 

Oh, I'm actually intrigued by what NE has as options now. 

In the second half Vereen saw almost all of the snaps .... even the snaps in regular RB sets. 

I'd like to see him get more reps overall. I think he improves the offense by offering a real target and a real runner in the same person. 

That said ... getting Ridley back on track can only be beneficial to the franchise ... so I hope they get that ironed out as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Oh, I'm actually intrigued by what NE has as options now. 

In the second half Vereen saw almost all of the snaps .... even the snaps in regular RB sets. 

I'd like to see him get more reps overall. I think he improves the offense by offering a real target and a real runner in the same person. 

That said ... getting Ridley back on track can only be beneficial to the franchise ... so I hope they get that ironed out as well. 

Like vereen in the role he is in now. Plus keep in mind playing with that cast on. Don't want him pounding in the hole to many times. But you're right as long as their is no careless fumbles, like trying a spinoff 360 in a hole with three defenders in tne middle  there lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

You're right about his fumble stats. But if he's not going to start, and they are no injuries do you want him with thr ball under his arm in th the 4 th Q. He's in my doghouse. Also all the pats RB's had 2 hands on the ball a message sent by the coach. Even Dan D mentioned it in the broadcast booth with Gumbel.

Sections
Shortcuts