BB to double down on WRs in 2013?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

BB to double down on WRs in 2013?

He did it with the TEs in 2010 grabbing Gronk with the 42nd overall and then coming back for Nando at 113 in the 4th round.  We all figured it was a position of need clearly and great value for the John Mackey award winner who dropped due to some grass smoking.  He then goes and doubles down again in 2011 grabbing Shane Vereen with the 56th pick in the 2nd and followed it up with Stevan Ridley with the 73rd overall in round 3, leaving us scratching our heads, until we starting seeing the results last year.  Now we have two young, cheap studs to help carry the load for years, learn together and push each other.  

It seems like Bill likes this formula so why not do it in a draft that is rich with WR talent?  I think it's actually fortunate that we didn't get Sanders and would love to see this happen in the early rounds, along with getting a DT or DE stud.  Who do you like if Bill doubles down on WR talent in 2013?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: BB to double down on WRs in 2013?

Seriously... how many post about wide receivers can we create in one day....

And I thought Jake Bequette was the thread subject du jour?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/does-ne-double-dip-for-wr-or-sign-one-more-fa-wr-here-is-what-is-left-in-fa/100/6606394

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/drafiting-wrs/100/6606495

Can't we all get by with one thread on the same subject, especially one as specialized as drafting wide receivers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

He did it with the TEs in 2010 grabbing Gronk with the 42nd overall and then coming back for Nando at 113 in the 4th round.  We all figured it was a position of need clearly and great value for the John Mackey award winner who dropped due to some grass smoking.  He then goes and doubles down again in 2011 grabbing Shane Vereen with the 56th pick in the 2nd and followed it up with Stevan Ridley with the 73rd overall in round 3, leaving us scratching our heads, until we starting seeing the results last year.  Now we have two young, cheap studs to help carry the load for years, learn together and push each other.  

It seems like Bill likes this formula so why not do it in a draft that is rich with WR talent?  I think it's actually fortunate that we didn't get Sanders and would love to see this happen in the early rounds, along with getting a DT or DE stud.  Who do you like if Bill doubles down on WR talent in 2013?

this has been the talk for abotu a month-ish yes

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to kylerocks's comment:

I hope not because BB's recent record with WR's and DB's through the draft hasn't been too good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Regardless of BB's track record in recent years re: drafting wideouts, I don't see him drafting 2.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Dont see drafting 2 WR with other needs. I think they come out of the draft CB, WR, OL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

With the amount of draft picks they have, I don't see 2 WR's in their drafting plan.  Not even if they exchange one of their picks for 2 later round picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't draft any Wr's at all.