BB Trade History

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BB Trade History

With 53+ guys to trade over the course of 13+ years, he only made 10 great deals?

HOF right there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

With 53+ guys to trade over the course of 13+ years, he only made 10 great deals?

HOF right there.

Typical whining from a bandwagon fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

HOF right there.

he's not here to be a fan....he's just following Rusty around

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I miss Al Davis.  It was like having a farm team.  I wonder where Schiano is going to end up.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Sorry I forget that this board isn't so much about the Pats as it is about internet armchair GMs one upping each other

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

It's really about no mods and trolls allowed to stalk, lie and ruin the board as they claim to be fans of Bill Belichick, our leader, GM and coach, who provides this for us as fans.

It's not Kraft doing it, it ain't Brady doing it, it's Bill Belichick.

COTY candidate and the run away Exec of the Year with Caserio, yet somehow the creepy Pats fans who come off as angry trolls or pink hats, can't see it yet.

Belichick is not my leader, my GM, my coach and he doesn't provide for me.  If he disappeared tomorrow, my life would remain exactly the same.

He runs the football team I watch about 20 times a year.  Outside of those 20 or so games, I couldn't care less if he exists.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

HOF right there.

He's NOT even a bandwagon fan...he's a despicable Rusty Stalker...if Rusty doesn't start the thread, this clown would be over on the BRUNES board where he belongs...

Get thee gone, infidel!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

It's really about no mods and trolls allowed to stalk, lie and ruin the board as they claim to be fans of Bill Belichick, our leader, GM and coach, who provides this for us as fans.

COTY candidate and the run away Exec of the Year with Caserio, yet somehow the creepy Pats fans who come off as angry trolls or pink hats, can't see it yet.

Belichick is not my leader, my GM, my coach and he doesn't provide for me.  If he disappeared tomorrow, my life would remain exactly the same.

He runs the football team I watch about 20 times a year.  Outside of those 20 or so games, I couldn't care less if he exists.

If that's the case, why are you here...the BRUNES need your cheers, not the Pats....

and remember friends:

36 SECONDS....2 GOALS IN 36 SECONDS....A STALKERS LAMENT!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

You tell em no shot! but why stop there? I couldn't care less if anybody exists!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Those are some nice trades. If one were to produce a list of some of the better trades in NFL history I can't see how the Moss and Welker ones don't end up on it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Best trades
    Jim Plunkett to SF, draft picks Mike Haynes, Tim Fox
    Russ Francis to SF, draft pick becomes Andre Tippett
    Acquring Wilfork draft pick and Welker in a trade by BB

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I miss Al Davis.  It was like having a farm team.  I wonder where Schiano is going to end up.  

We got Schiano now. Maybe he trades us McCoy and Revis for a 7th. =D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Sorry I forget that this board isn't so much about the Pats as it is about internet armchair GMs one upping each other"

Don't forget about the arm chair QBs like yourself and Rusty who can do it so much better than Brady. 

Oh, I forget, mocking Brady at any point is acceptable but criticizing Belichick is off limits. 

Rusty, as for Beliichick's GM capabitlities, trading is high on the list, I wish he did it a bit more. He's also probably the best there ever was at knowing when a player is either "done" or on the way out. The only one he might have been wrong on in that regard in Vinatieri, but so far Gost has proven a fine replacement. 

Belichick is also outstanding at finding value later in the draft. 

But he has many weaknesses as a GM also, doesn't mean he is not a good GM, perhaps some years very good, but greatest of all time is a huge leap. 

I won't list all the weaknesses here as that's not the main point of the thread, but for starters he struggles to draft high pefoerming cornerbacks and wide receivers (which may also relate to his penchant for trading out of the first round, which is too bad as his first round pick skills are good). 

He's also a bit too rigid in contracting negotiations and lets some contract situations become ego driven rather than what's best for the team. His pathetic half-hearted pursuit of Emmanual Sanders was one example of a low point in this area of overly rigid approaches. And I believe not re-signing Branch cost us a Super Bowl win the year the Colts finally beat a sorry Rex Grossman team for Peyton's lone ring...

That said he is still one of the best GMs in the league year over year - but greatest of all time - no. And you won't find a single impartial ranking of GMs that puts him there either. Coach - yes, GM, no.

Sections
Shortcuts