BB Visibly On The Sideline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: BB Visibly On The Sideline

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Compare and contrast NE's coaching with three others:

Kubiak - where's the sense of urgency? Huddling up with precious time clicking away. Clearly went to the Andy Reid school of clock management.

Mike Smith - similar clock management issues, rushing to call timeout with 13 seconds. What was that? And Turner and Rogers were gashing them in the run game and they seemingly abandoned it down the stretch.

Carroll - OK so I don't know why anybody still tries to ice the kicker, it clearly almost never works. But then when he calls that timeout, why is he looking around seemingly for someone to blame?  You called the timeout Pete, we all saw it.

[/QUOTE] You forgot about John Fox - taking a knee at the end of regulation vs. Ravens. You think BB would've done that??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In fairness, I don't think the Pats handled the end of the first half well. A rare miss in my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The score at the time probably the reason for his coolness. If they were up by 3 or behind, his reaction would have been definitely different.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In fairness, I don't think the Pats handled the end of the first half well. A rare miss in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed... either you run the ball and force the Teaxans to use all 3 timeouts or you attack and try and score more points. It seemed they were hedgeing, not knowing which option they wanted to persue.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I assume they were trying to bleed the half away knowing they had first possession in the second half, but they did seem tentative in their strategy. I thought they needed to be a bit more aggressive and try for the FG.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

After Vereen TD to seal game was awesome - turns for sec shrugs like nothing and back to instructions on sideline...LOVE IT

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's amazing to me what's "visibly on the sideline" all the way from North Carolina. 

[/QUOTE]

I am sure it is considering you miss a lot from your perch in the upper deck when you're actually at the game. I know you're embarrassed, Prolate, but that's ok.

Hey!  Brady didn't wildly throw the ball around and throw picks! Yay!

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassed? Just amused.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Best ever. While other coaches standing like spectators, BB is using his time to coach up the defense. Any doubts he will be the coach with the most playoff wins when he retires?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's amazing to me what's "visibly on the sideline" all the way from North Carolina. 

[/QUOTE]

I am sure it is considering you miss a lot from your perch in the upper deck when you're actually at the game. I know you're embarrassed, Prolate, but that's ok.

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassed? Just amused.

[/QUOTE]

We're amused by you and your man lust for Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

When you say "we" you are referring to the "voices" right junior?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  But,  BB does not call the offense during games. He leaves it up to the OC and Brady.

[/QUOTE]

And this is a problem? How? We have the NUMBER 1 offense in the NFL, who has just put up (ANOTHER 40+) on supposedly one of the best defenses. I'm trying to see where there are any issues here.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

At this point in the season especially, think JMcD has got his sea legs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed... either you run the ball and force the Teaxans to use all 3 timeouts or you attack and try and score more points. It seemed they were hedgeing, not knowing which option they wanted to persue.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I assume they were trying to bleed the half away knowing they had first possession in the second half, but they did seem tentative in their strategy. I thought they needed to be a bit more aggressive and try for the FG.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, they should have been in attack mode. I beleive they had about 1:10 or 1:15 fron the 25 with 2 timeouts. To me that is go time.

[/QUOTE]

If they go 3 and out and give the ball back you then give the Texans time to score again. Where as what the Pats did was keep thier D off the field for the added rest as well as the beginning of the 3rd period. BB wants the ball at the beginning of the third for two reasons, to let the other teams D get less rest and rest his own D for longer.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah Jim, as jri says, what you are describing as a possibility is what actually happened. They gave the ball back to Houston who then scored a FG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

You and your buddies think BB is an OC and BB calls the plays. WHen the camera panned over and showed BB shocked that Brady hit Vereen deep for a TD as he was speaking to the D, it further proves what I have been saying.

[/QUOTE]

No junior. But unlike you we think BB is actually doing something on the sideline other than being a spectator and conferring with the D. We don't think he is butting in on every play call, but we do think he's aware of the offensive trends in the game and capable of calling for a different approach if it's warranted. That would be him being, you know, the Head Coach.

We have all seen him actually talk to Brady sometimes. Do you think he's just asking him what his favorite restaurant is, or maybe talking about the football game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was going to take your 40+ passes bet just for fun, no real stakes...too bad, you would have lost.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty no one has ever said that BB calls the plays or that he is heavily involved in every individual play call.  However your premise is that the way the offense has been run in almost every game has been out of whack for more than half a decade.  You think Belichick has no say in what they do over the course of multiple seasons and that he leaves the entire philosophy of the offense to someone else?  I mean christ you were complaining about the personnel on the first drive when everyone knows those plays are scripted meaning they were in the gameplan that he approved.  Get over yourself.  Of course McDaniels and Brady call the plays, but BB as HC can get their a$$es in line if he doesn't like what they are doing.  Just like any other HC in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts