BB Visibly On The Sideline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: BB Visibly On The Sideline

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB has always coached the defense while the offense was on the field, the difference now that Josh is back is they are actually moving the chains and scoring, whereas before Bill had to rush the defense back out onto the field before they had a chance to catch their breath or learn what he was teaching them... fewer 3 and outs always is a plus.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't move the chains and score last year?  You guys are ridiculous.  Just make things up to fit with your theories!  This has been a leading offense for years.  It moves the chains and scores quite well! 

[/QUOTE]

Silly, it's when they move the chains by running Ridley, or having the threat of running Ridley, that enables the defense to perform well.  Gosh, everyone knows that the defense gets a 10% boost in speed, strength and stamina every time Ridley is on the field. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The defense gets a boost of stamina when the offense performs its duty converting first downs and controlling the time of possession before finally scoring... is this even up for debate?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I thought points scored, allowed and turnovers are all that matter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought points scored, allowed and turnovers are all that matter?

[/QUOTE]

They also led the league in scoring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, maybe you DON'T agree with them, but considering you follow me around here supporting them and their belligerence unable to admit when Brady makes mistakes that are avoidable, it appears you do.

[/QUOTE]

"Follow you around"??? Seriously dude, get over yourself. I was here long before you, and will be here long after they finally find a way to ban you for good.

I (used) to enjoy your views, but now you are just a sniveling little punk that can't talk football without all the name calling BS. Accusing me of following you around is classic. You keep thinking we care that much about you?? WRONG!!

God I miss the ignore button. This tool really is by far the most annoying poster in all the years on this board. Maybe someday he'll wake up and figure out just how badly EVERYONE can't stand his childish ways. What a pathetic individual he is.....really kind of sad.

[/QUOTE]

Go look at DaPats281. He shares my view. As does BobbySu, True Champ and Wozzy.  It's not just me.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that none of the people you mentioned share your views...

[/QUOTE]

Sure, new guy. Sure.  You really have a clue. I noticed you didn't laugh at RKarp's horrendous Jets analysis yesterday. lol

Pretty sure they do. DPats was attacked for talking about Brady's recent struggles in the postseason, too. Wozzy, True Champ, BobbySu I know agree with me and me with them. Again, you're new here so you have little idea what you're talking about on the "elephant in the room" debates.

Even Perillo and Reiss HAD to mention it on Pats All Access Friday Night. It cannot be ignored.

[/QUOTE]

I sincerely doubt that any of the above posters that you mentioned believe that Brady is a power-hungry fool, who is simply running his own inefficient offense at the expense of the rest of the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

I sincerely doubt that any of the above posters that you mentioned believe that Brady is a power-hungry fool, who is simply running his own inefficient offense at the expense of the rest of the team.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is alone in that stance...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, maybe you DON'T agree with them, but considering you follow me around here supporting them and their belligerence unable to admit when Brady makes mistakes that are avoidable, it appears you do.

[/QUOTE]

"Follow you around"??? Seriously dude, get over yourself. I was here long before you, and will be here long after they finally find a way to ban you for good.

I (used) to enjoy your views, but now you are just a sniveling little punk that can't talk football without all the name calling BS. Accusing me of following you around is classic. You keep thinking we care that much about you?? WRONG!!

God I miss the ignore button. This tool really is by far the most annoying poster in all the years on this board. Maybe someday he'll wake up and figure out just how badly EVERYONE can't stand his childish ways. What a pathetic individual he is.....really kind of sad.

[/QUOTE]

Go look at DaPats281. He shares my view. As does BobbySu, True Champ and Wozzy.  It's not just me.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, new guy. Sure.  You really have a clue. I noticed you didn't laugh at RKarp's horrendous Jets analysis yesterday. lol

Pretty sure they do. DPats was attacked for talking about Brady's recent struggles in the postseason, too. Wozzy, True Champ, BobbySu I know agree with me and me with them. Again, you're new here so you have little idea what you're talking about on the "elephant in the room" debates.

Even Perillo and Reiss HAD to mention it on Pats All Access Friday Night. It cannot be ignored.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I need to have endured these aforementioned debates to understand what is going on. The issue at hand has been discussed ad nauseum since I arrived, and I'm perfectly aware of what the issue is. 

Anyone with some basic football knowledge has the answer to the question, and I'm glad to see that a large number of people here have that requisite knowledge.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When did I say any of that? I said Brady has told us he prefers to use the shotgun. A preference for anyone doesn't mean they are "power hungry and a fool".

Nice try.

See, this is why I think you aren't new here at all, just using a new name. What was your old name here?

[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I guess paraphrasing doesn't work for you. Perhaps I should post direct quotes from now on, since apparently any synthesizing of information is disregarded by you.

Myself, or anyone for that matter, doesn't need to poke around this forum for much more than 5 minutes to understand what you believe. To act like because I'm new I can't understand your agenda is silly. As I said, 5 minutes would be enough for the average person to understand what you think. I've been here for 12 days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Patriot's offense got soft after McDaniel's left after 2008, Brady didn't play any different, it was the pieces, coaching and play calling around him that changed.  Blaming Brady is comparable to a carpenter yelling at his hammer because he didn't pound a nail in straight, blame the carpenter.  Blame circumstances that took coaches from us long before they were ready to leave.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is alone in that stance...

[/QUOTE]

What stance?

Why do you give into trolls?  Seriously. When did I say he was "a power hungry fool"?  I said he needs to be held accountable for him deferring to his preference when he doesn't play well.

That's a huge difference.

The lying here has got to stop.

[/QUOTE]

What? You've been saying all this time that his preference (the shotgun spread) is the reasons for his struggles. Now you're saying that he defers to the shotgun spread WHEN he struggles? 

I'm lost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB has always coached the defense while the offense was on the field, the difference now that Josh is back is they are actually moving the chains and scoring, whereas before Bill had to rush the defense back out onto the field before they had a chance to catch their breath or learn what he was teaching them... fewer 3 and outs always is a plus.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't move the chains and score last year?  You guys are ridiculous.  Just make things up to fit with your theories!  This has been a leading offense for years.  It moves the chains and scores quite well! 

[/QUOTE]

Last year's offense was ranked 26th in time of possession in the NFL, this year's offense ranked #11.  

Last year's offense was ranked 5th in third down percentage but ranked 4th in third down attempts which means they found themselves in a lot of third down situations.

This year's offense was ranked #1 in third down conversions and 29th in third down attempts which means they converted first downs more regularly and easily.  

Josh McDaniel's offense is far superior in every way to Obies, it must hurt your pride to have to acknowledge this, but you cannot dismiss it either.  This offense is way more efficient because they run the ball, had you listened years ago when I suggested this, you would realize I was right, instead you find yourself here defending the indefensible.  

You may not understand how this whole running game, conversion thing works but there it is...

[/QUOTE]

Their third down percentage was 49% this year and 46% last year.  You're making sweeping claims from small differences.  Yesterday's game was pretty much called like last year's playoff games.  Spread formations.  Shotgun.  Lots of use of the spread-formation back rather than the so-called "lead" back.  

The key difference in the running game is the talent, as I've been saying all along.  Ridley is much, much better than BJGE.  It's a simple fact.  Yesterday, they utilized him very much like BJGE last year.  He just produced better. 

They also lost the TOP contest by about 3 minutes yesterday, but it didn't matter.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This may be one of the dumbest threads we have ever had on here, and that's saying something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last year's offense was ranked 26th in time of possession in the NFL, this year's offense ranked #11.  

Last year's offense was ranked 5th in third down percentage but ranked 4th in third down attempts which means they found themselves in a lot of third down situations.

This year's offense was ranked #1 in third down conversions and 29th in third down attempts which means they converted first downs more regularly and easily.  

Josh McDaniel's offense is far superior in every way to Obies, it must hurt your pride to have to acknowledge this, but you cannot dismiss it either.  This offense is way more efficient because they run the ball, had you listened years ago when I suggested this, you would realize I was right, instead you find yourself here defending the indefensible.  

You may not understand how this whole running game, conversion thing works but there it is...

[/QUOTE]

Their third down percentage was 49% this year and 46% last year.  You're making sweeping claims from small differences.  Yesterday's game was pretty much called like last year's playoff games.  Spread formations.  Shotgun.  Lots of use of the spread-formation back rather than the so-called "lead" back.  

The key difference in the running game is the talent, as I've been saying all along.  Ridley is much, much better than BJGE.  It's a simple fact.  Yesterday, they utilized him very much like BJGE last year.  He just produced better. 

They also lost the TOP contest by about 3 minutes yesterday, but it didn't matter.  

[/QUOTE]

Here is what Zbellino learned earlier. You should learn it as well. Then listen to "been there done that" guys like Kirwan, Ryan, and John Madden, oh also throw in Boomer Esiason on Weei today in that this is N.E best most versatile offense due to a new found run commitment. "They are absolutely committed to it" Kirwan said.

N.E lead the LG in rushing tds.

N.E was 2nd in the LG in rushing att's.

They run the ball out of a no huddle formation more then any team ever has before.

N.E uses the shotgun offense less then ever before as Reiss shows below.

N.E has an offensive CO. who in Tom Brady's words "makes adjustments better then anybody he's ever been around" We were 2nd in the LG in rushing att's despite only improving our rush yards per carry by .2 from last year.

You might think our offense is the same we had under Obrien, but you would be wrong.

Brady added that offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels' ability to excel when the team has had to adjust this season gives him confidence.

"That's what Josh does better than anybody else that I've been around; his ability to adjust like he's done all season," he said.

9:00 AM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

One statistic that was charted over the course of the 16-game season was how often the Patriots had quarterback Tom Brady in the shotgun.

The idea for keeping the statistic was sparked after the season opener against the Titans when Brady was in the 'gun just 13 times. That was the first sign of a shift of sorts from what we've seen in recent years from the Patriots, and the feeling here is that it's tied to a greater focus on balance between the run and pass.

On the season, when including penalties, the Patriots were in the shotgun 47.1 percent of the time (585 of 1,240, including penalties). That is a lower percentage than the norm and reflects, from this view, a commitment to the running game that hasn't been as consistent in the past.

Usage of the shotgun
    vs. Dolphins:
    31 of 80 (3 runs, 26 passes, 2 pre-snap penalties)
    at Jaguars: 36 of 73 (4 runs, 32 passes)
    vs. 49ers: 59 of 96 (5 runs, 54 passes)
    vs. Texans: 31 of 73 (4 runs, 27 passes)
    at Dolphins: 35 of 79 (3 runs, 32 passes)
    at Jets: 20 of 68 (2 runs, 16 passes, 2 Jets pre-snap penalties)
    vs. Colts: 21 of 61 (0 runs, 21 passes)
    vs. Bills: 38 of 72 (6 runs, 32 passes)
    at Rams: 36 of 69 (4 runs, 32 passes)
    vs. Jets: 42 of 80 (6 runs, 36 passes)
    at Seahawks: 60 of 87 (7 runs, 52 passes, 1 false start)
    vs. Broncos:
    45 of 94 (7 runs, 37 passes, 1 false start)
    at Bills: 30 of 77 (6 runs, 24 passes)
    at Ravens: 41 of 82 (6 runs, 34 passes, 1 fumbled snap)
    vs. Cardinals: 47 of 82 (9 runs, 38 passes

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may be one of the dumbest threads we have ever had on here, and that's saying something.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Yes, any time my premises are supported, it's "dumb" to the dummies. Like you.

The Holocaust never happened, right Hurlie?! lol

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I just can't believe how dumb this thing is...even coming from you:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

When did I say any of that? I said Brady has told us he prefers to use the shotgun. 

[/QUOTE]

And BB tells us he has a handle on the play calling but you claim he just says that to "protect" people.

Keep picking and choosing what statements you like that fit your spin junior. And the rest of us will keep laughing at you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

And yep, he wasn't calling the plays.  He wasn;t even looking at what happened on the Vereen TD.

More proof that how this offense is run, isn't through BB.

[/QUOTE]

Is this supposed to be news? Everyone knows JM calls the offense. Everyone but you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Last year's offense was very good. This year's offense is very good.  You guys have this weird theory that last year they were awful and this year they are way better.  The reality is this year the offense scored two more TDs than last year.  That's a bit better . . . but it's not some radical change. 

Yes, it is more versatile this year.  And yes, there's been a bit more emphasis on the run (though it remains an offense heavily dependent on spread formations).  But the success in the running game is mostly because of the improved talent at RB.  If they had tried to do the same with BJGE, they would not have been nearly as successful. 

Talent matters. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Last year's offense was very good. This year's offense is very good.  You guys have this weird theory that last year they were awful and this year they are way better.  The reality is this year the offense scored two more TDs than last year.  That's a bit better . . . but it's not some radical change. 

Yes, it is more versatile this year.  And yes, there's been a bit more emphasis on the run (though it remains an offense heavily dependent on spread formations).  But the success in the running game is mostly because of the improved talent at RB.  If they had tried to do the same with BJGE, they would not have been nearly as successful. 

Talent matters. 

[/QUOTE]

Performance and being held accountable also matters. 

This offense is clearly better than last year's in terms of balance, the OC/QB relationship and depth. I would rank it above 2010's offense, but 2011's runs 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

This is actually a reasonable assessment, Rusty.