BB way overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: BB way overrated

You are kidding right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Glad that you were kidding!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I cannot believe all the JEALOUS trolls that come here, you must be a fat boy (a@@) sucker, hows that sh$t taste??? GAG!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Re: BB way overrated:
    [QUOTE]I cannot believe all the JEALOUS trolls that come here, you must be a fat boy (a@@) sucker, hows that sh$t taste??? GAG!!!!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]

WEll you call them trolls but fans like you can never answer an honest question or take team criticism without pulling the old , well look what he did in the past.

BB even with the wonderful draft he had last year and all those good picks, still 1 and done for playoffs. GAG ON THAT.

Oh and still no pass rusher, O-line is abou tto come apart at the seams, D-line is weak... DB's I wont even go into, Midget running backs.....

Just wait until the draft, then we will really laughLaughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : WEll you call them trolls but fans like you can never answer an honest question or take team criticism without pulling the old , well look what he did in the past. BB even with the wonderful draft he had last year and all those good picks, still 1 and done for playoffs. GAG ON THAT. Oh and still no pass rusher, O-line is abou tto come apart at the seams, D-line is weak... DB's I wont even go into, Midget running backs..... Just wait until the draft, then we will really laugh
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]

Not bad for an overrated coach......

Games over .500: 68
    Super Bowl Wins: 3
    Overall Championships: 3
    Conference Championships: 4
    Division Championships: 10

Name a coach in the last 10 years with better numbers....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to BB way overrated:
    [QUOTE]For all you BB apologists and butt k*ssers on r=these forums, let me say, he's a great regular season coach who bring=ngs his team to Foxboro every year to get slaughteres in the playoffs. Why? EGO thats why. Since 2001 he;s drafted 3 good defensive players and another(McCourty) about to excell. Outside ot=f Seymour, Mayo and Wilfolk, they have nothing on defense, I should add Asante to the list but like Seymour, he wanted too much $ and was banished. BB can't deal w $ issues so he trades down and gets very n=mediocre talent and it showed last D+Sunsay against teh Jets.While Gronk caught a few passes and made an ok impression, hernandez caught 4 yds worth, Cunningham and Spikes made 1 tackle each and Deaderick, oh well he was there but will be cut. It's time to take drafting out of his hands cai=use he's failure at it - riookie or not, you eed to play when the chips are on the table, Sanchez, while a 2nd yr player, outplayed, out gutted, outperform our golden boy and his miracle coach!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Yes he is over rated, as is our QB, owner, CB, TE and others.

You should root for a team that is perfect in all respects - perhaps the Jets !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : Not bad for an overrated coach...... Games over .500: 68 Super Bowl Wins: 3 Overall Championships: 3 Conference Championships: 4 Division Championships: 10 Name a coach in the last 10 years with better numbers....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

\Yeah Rock....the past is wonderful I know. But Rock, the past is gone. The new 1 and Done appraoch in the playoffs is what matters, dont ya think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wonder how you'd be if you were a fan of the Browns, Panthers or other team that is abysmally bad with your proclamation that BB is overrated!  You'd love to have him as your team's coach hands down.  What a laugher of a post!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB way overrated : Yes he is over rated, as is our QB, owner, CB, TE and others. You should root for a team that is perfect in all respects - perhaps the Jets !
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]
    Lets answer you one question at a time in the here and now,
    Hmmm, BB is overrated, yes he is.
    The so called defensive GURU is being out thought and out classed by other teams like the Ravens, Steelers and Jets...BB's defense is weak in the NFL for the last 4 years.

QB T Brady in the here and now, LAst 2 PLAYOFF seasons outplayed and done.
    CB-Only one star and hes a rookie, pretty sad for the last 4 years
    TE-Gronk outstanding all year, except for playoffs, Hernandez HURT!

I dont ask for  or expect perfection, there is NO SUCH THING.

What I ask for is, stop overlooking draft picks and trading down or out. Stop acting like you can run an entire organization by yourself when there are great people out there that can and will help, HIRE THEM.
    Stop treating players like 3rd graders and let them be men on and off the field, there is NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in football, its a game!

THose are just a few, but its just a wish Wink

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : \Yeah Rock....the past is wonderful I know. But Rock, the past is gone. The new 1 and Done appraoch in the playoffs is what matters, dont ya think?

yet you are saying like today is already gone.
    Its a young team, will take a year or two.

Once history is written I'll see u on the other side.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : Lets answer you one question at a time in the here and now, Hmmm, BB is overrated, yes he is. The so called defensive GURU is being out thought and out classed by other teams like the Ravens, Steelers and Jets...BB's defense is weak in the NFL for the last 4 years. QB T Brady in the here and now, LAst 2 PLAYOFF seasons outplayed and done. CB-Only one star and hes a rookie, pretty sad for the last 4 years TE-Gronk outstanding all year, except for playoffs, Hernandez HURT! I dont ask for  or expect perfection, there is NO SUCH THING. What I ask for is, stop overlooking draft picks and trading down or out. Stop acting like you can run an entire organization by yourself when there are great people out there that can and will help, HIRE THEM. Stop treating players like 3rd graders and let them be men on and off the field, there is NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in football, its a game! THose are just a few, but its just a wish

BB defense has gotten softer over the years I'll give u that but thats much because we have different kind of players of defense. We do need a James Harrison type player, Spike is suppose to be that.

Have patience though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : Lets answer you one question at a time in the here and now, Hmmm, BB is overrated, yes he is. The so called defensive GURU is being out thought and out classed by other teams like the Ravens, Steelers and Jets...BB's defense is weak in the NFL for the last 4 years. QB T Brady in the here and now, LAst 2 PLAYOFF seasons outplayed and done. CB-Only one star and hes a rookie, pretty sad for the last 4 years TE-Gronk outstanding all year, except for playoffs, Hernandez HURT! I dont ask for  or expect perfection, there is NO SUCH THING. What I ask for is, stop overlooking draft picks and trading down or out. Stop acting like you can run an entire organization by yourself when there are great people out there that can and will help, HIRE THEM. Stop treating players like 3rd graders and let them be men on and off the field, there is NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in football, its a game! THose are just a few, but its just a wish

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Great! someone that doesn't drink th koolaid and buys into BB100%, appreciate your post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB way overrated : yet you are saying like today is already gone. Its a young team, will take a year or two. Once history is written I'll see u on the other side.
    Posted by akius[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you're saying he's a bad drafter/personnel guy I agree. He has a bad record when it comes to drafting and free agency, but to call him a bad coach is laughable at best. 

He's a 3 time SB winning head coach and a 2 time SB winning DC. He's the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

matter or fact I've been a Pats fan for probably longer than you've been alive! I'm outraged by BB bringing his minions into the Blade to get slaughteres in the 1st playoff game the last two years. Makes me sick and for BB apologist to take up for him makes me sicker.

Why doesn't have his troops ready for a meaningfu; game? All he can win ar regular season one ones/ its time for him to go!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Wow another great post!

We should trade BB to another franchise where Mr. Kraft can receive a #1 pick, then trade Brady and sign Manning. Manning is his own head coach and OC anyway.

For the defensive coach we can bring back Mangini - just so Patriot Nation can choke on the disbelief of having to support Manning and Mangini with the Patriots. Becasue both of them are great in the playoffs and have surpassed the legendary BB and Brady two cut combo.

So now back to reality.

BB has done more for thsi franchise as coach than any other in its 50+ yrs. No coach is perfect and every year team dynamics change based on the players you have on the roster (not IR).

Sure the early success can be pointed to having a QB buy into the system, veteran players on defense to understnad the defensive schemes and aslo teh veteran coaches to teach and develop those schemes.

BB is also more than a coach as he makes decisions on talent and contracts - no GM here. This is for both players and coaches.

So maybe it is time for BB to be just GM and find another HC? Not yet, but give it time.

The most winnest coach in the past decade is under attack because of playoff failures of execution or poor coaching? Doesn't matter BB is responsible.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't cut it. So cut the coach and lets go back to a 1-15 season adn get a # QB and start all over again. Too extreme? then re-read your own posts about minions, troops, etc.

It takes a team to win from top tp bottom and bottom back to the top. Fix the weak link - pass rush, deep threat - wahtever, but to take BB out of the equation is so ridiculous it is ricockulous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Bottom line is that they didn't draft well at key positions for a long time. They completely failed in the '06 draft, even though that was probably the worst draft of the decade all around the league. Mario Williams, Reggie Bush and Vince Young as the top picks? God help us.
    '05 they did OK. Mankins, Dave Thomas and James Sanders with their first few picks.
    One thing that killed them is not drafting a LB that was worth a damn from 2000 all the way up until Mayo. They started that rebuilding process too late, and it has been evident these past 3 years. However, I do like how well they've done with rebuilding the secondary, TE, linebacker at 3 out of 4 spots, etc. They pretty much had their whole defense vanish in a two year span. And when they didn't draft anyone for it in a while, it hurt them a lot. The only player who started in '07 was Vince Wilfork. That's pretty serious turnover. And on offense, it's pretty much the same as far as playmakers go. The only player still around from '07 was Welker, and he was coming off knee surgery this year.
    Bottom line: The Patriots have a lot to look forward to next year (barring lockout). They'll (hopefully) have a few talented rookies that won't be as heavily relied upon and play smaller roles. Our rookies will improved immensely, and the 2nd year guys will finally be comfortable and develop into leaders for the defense. My guess is that they'll try to find an explosive DE as opposed to a beefier one (they have enough of that with Brace, Deaderick, Pryor, Love, etc.). They'll need a guy who will eventually be a 3-down OLB, but will only have to specialize in pass rushing his rookie year (Ninkovich does a pretty good job on early downs, to give him credit). They might need a rookie to step in at OL, which I'm fine with. Rookie OL who are drafted in the 1st round are rarely flops, and with Dante coaching them up, I'm sure they'll step in and excel (See: Vollmer).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Belichick in 2 years of Drafting:

1 Starting TOTAL shutdown CB (82TTs/23PDs/6INTs=TOTAL Package...A$ this year? 23 Tackles...but 1 more pick than McCourty...yea)
    1 Starting Left OT (Vollmer's ideal frame makes him even better on the LEFT side than he's already been on the Right...and lookin' good doing it)
    1 Starting Nickel Cornerback (at nickell CB, Butler is better than Hobbs will/has ever been...recall the yr when Hobbs was our starting #1 CB!??)
    1 Starting Defensive End on weakside of O-Line (you'll get 1 in either Pryor or Deadrick or Brace, c'mon now we've seen 'em all start at 1 point)
    1 Starting Nosetackle when our current NTs out (Brace)
    1 #2 Wide Receiver (we've already seen glimpses of Tate or Price in their 2nd/1st year, In what both Moss & Welker has called "the most complicated offensive system I've ever played in)
    1 starting Punter (As a rookie, better punter than NE's had in 1/2 aq decade or more)
    1 Starting nearly always mismatched Pass-catching Tight End for our very successful 2 TE set (Hernandez was either #1 or #2 in Total Catches and Yards out of ALL rookie WRs & TEs)
    1 Starting Massive Blocking AND Pass-Catching Tight End (Blocks like Graham...except he can run like Watson...but unlike Watson, he actually can catch too)
    1 Starting kick-returner (We had Matt Slater...yea, now we have Tate, better?)
    1 starting slot receiver in case/when our slot receiver leaves/gets Injured (again)
    1 Starting Strong Inside Linebacker (a position that is just NOW finally shored up since the days when Ted Johnson was our SILB...No Spikes=No Mayo w/ 100+ TTs this year...no chance at all)
    1 Starting/at worst backup Weak Inside Linebacker (1st year guys Jermaine Cunningham & Dane Fletcher, Cunningham as a collegiate DE <very risky NFL switch>, looks like he CAN play w/ his hand off the ground & in space...BOTH guys as rooks already better vs the run @ WOLB than TBC...A Big Liability there)

Overall=Belichick's Drafting in 2 years=Imo...Totally Sh#tty (13? that's barely getting 6 1/2 starting quality players a year in the 2 drafts...worthless) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'm outraged by BB bringing his minions into the Blade to get slaughteres "

entitled fan alert!

Here's a newsflash: BB got you three rings and he almost got you a fourth. He owes you nothing! 

Did you forget also that he was the DC on Parcell's Giant's Super Bowl teams? He has a hall of fame coaching resume. His last couple drafts have been excellent and prior to that there were free agent acquisitions like Welker and Moss THAT ALSO COUNT. Duh. 

Anyone who uses the word "outraged" in the context of sports CARES TOO MUCH. Read a book. Walk a dog. Help a kid. Grow up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One thing you need to take into account when judging BB's drafts is that because the Patriots have been in the playoffs nearly every year for a decade, they've earned low picks in nearly every draft.  Generally their picks have been in bottom third of the drafting order.  Given their consistently low starting position, BB has done fairly well.  The only way BB would have gotten top-10 or even top-20 picks in every draft would have been to have traded away a lot of picks and ended up with only a few picks each draft.  I'm not sure that would have been a very wise strategy. Yes, the odds are he would have picked up a few more stars.  But the team would lack depth and be awful at some positions. The draft system is designed to give good teams bad picks so that all teams come back to the middle.  BB has managed that handicap pretty well I think, and ended up with high picks, lots of picks, and reasonable talent.

Yes, we need a few more top talented players to be a dominant team, and I can understand fan frustration when no-names are playing major roles.  But see what BB does over the next two or three years.  He's rebuilding from the great teams of the early 2000s.  If he can get the team back to dominance in 7 or 8 years it will be a tremendous feat.  That hasn't been done very often in the history of the NFL. Most teams are good for one or two years and then go decades without a Super Bowl appearance or even playoff appearances. This team has been in contention every year.  Give it one or two more years and see where we are--then judge BB's strategy.  If this team wins a Super Bowl again anytime in the next two or three years, I think you'll have to say BB deserves all the kudos he gets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]Who outplayed Brady in the playoffs? Flacco didn't. Throwing two yard slants isn't doing it either.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

doesn't really matter, does it? The Patriots were knocked out in their first playoff game with Jets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Jader and Stommmper.......up yours!

Since BB took over more than a decade ago, is there any coach out there w/ a better overall track record? I think not!

Both of you and any other troll out there, stay the h*ll out of this blog!