BBs Interview W/Cowher

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: BBs Interview W/Cowher

1 -  I was surprised that Boomer did that - He was one of the media who defended BB all over the place - so why bring that up ? maybe NYC  media finally took him to the dark side

2- BB said he has been meeting with TB at least 2 times a week since the very beginning- Seems to me they are tied to the hip on eveything cerebral and strategical

3- I didnt know that about Cowher either - ceratinily havent seen it in any of his on air omments

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It was a great interview. I never got the feeling, ever, that Cowher liked bb or held him in this high regard. But that interview was awesome. More like a chat between 2 friends who respect one another Immensely.

Boomer surprised me with that comment. He always seemEd to me to be pro pats. Seemed like an inappropriate time to inject that comment. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Great interview, I wish Cowher had said something to Boomer in regards to the fact thatmany teams did the same thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Just watched the interview.. what a tool for Boomer to, literally, s**t on what Cowher had to say about BB the coach by mentioning Spygate knowing the NFL totally debunked any perceived benefit the "filming" provided to the Pats.  Plus, Boomer also knew, many, many other NFL coaches admitted to doing the very same thing and he made it out as if BB was the only one to do it.

The haters will say what they say out of jealousy and because it isn't their team enjoying the level of successes the Pats have achieved year in and year out for the last 13 years straight!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Boomer was on Toucher & Rich this morning (Sports Hub-Boston) and said that everyone was just taking the negative out of it.....he said that he agreed with Bill Cower but "as a person of the media he had to bring it up" because it was something that happend and you can't hide it or forget about it.

I say his timing was disgusting......there was absolutely no need to bring that up after that interview. We all know it happened, the problem is nobody else is standing up to say everyone was doing it.

It brought back all the sething hatred I had for Mangini, what a pussbag rat!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I caught it and thought it was a great interview. I think Boomer surprised everyone w/ his silly spygate comments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great interview, I wish Cowher had said something to Boomer in regards to the fact thatmany teams did the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Cower the first coach, at the time of the witch hunt, to basically say all coaches do things like this and it's no big deal?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

someone brought up the fact that it was Mangini that started it. A disgruntled former employee.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Boomer is a Pats fan.  He's always been in their corner.  I think he had to play a little bit of a devil's advocate here.  And let's face it.  Spygate is the elephant in the room.  It will come up on the HOF vote.  Writers will make sure of that.  i find Boomer's position no big deal.  You can't have both guys buttering up on BB.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Just ask BB if it's a big deal. If Boomer was on BB's good side he certainly is not now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The punishment was much more about a slap from Goodell for BB not respecting Goodell's new stead as commissioner more than anything.

1) Bingo that is what it was all about

2) Mangini knew what was done because he was part of it and he walked free - He knows it but he will never be part of the club again - And he is a better coach than REx who got screwed with the whole Farve thing shoved down his throat

3) At the time on Wfan - Boomer was defending BB - for him to put on his "journalistic hat" was beyond stupid - especially since almost all of these interviews are puff pieces.= when will he ask Ray Ray about his white suit? For me  it will just make it even more difficult with other teams fans cause all they do in trying to be smart is say Belicheat- Boomer is now on my schyt list

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Rusty, how did you manage to put up almost 1000 posts in a week? Gotta be some kind of record. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Caught the interview.  I, too, was surprised that BB and Cowher are as close as they are, about the twice weekly meeting between TB/BB and Boomer's mention of Spygate. 

I like Boomer but I don't really buy the Spygate mention as a consequence of him being 'a person of the media.'  What the he11 does that mean - that if you're in the media you're obligated to mention Spygate every time BB's name comes up?  A break, please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Man-gina should never get another job in the NFL or TV

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The thing is that even though Esiason brought it up,  it really pales in comparison. 

Esiason just comes across as stupid.  The more the years go by...   the more stupid the people who say "spygate " are going to sound.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I figured Cowher and BB were on good terms, especially since Cowher was one of the first to come to BB's defense in the wake of the witch hunt.  But I didn't know they were that close. 

And I too was surprised by Boomer throwing in that Spygate stuff out of nowhere.  I figured if anyone would bring it up it would be Sharpe, but even Sharpe was pretty complimentary. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

someone brought up the fact that it was Mangini that started it. A disgruntled former employee.

[/QUOTE]

EricMangina  was retaliating because the Pat's security threw the Jet's video guy out of the Razor in 2006

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm working in the NY area where Boomer does a local show.  He comes across as a Pats hater on that show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

One thing I took out of the interview is that the "best players" need to be your leaders and vice versa.

It is interesting to note this and then to understand why Moss was out of here and why Spikes is out of here. They were good maybe marginally great players, however they were not the type of leader that BB wanted on the Pats.

When you see that section of the interview and look at some of the past actions it speaks volumes on why some players suceed here and some do not. No mater how well they play, if they don't lead and carry the message BB wants, they will not be here long term.

Spikes by being late to meetings and not attending off season workouts sends out all the wrong messages and BB wants a team on the same page not a bunch of great players doing their own thing.

It finally struck me Saturday when he said that in the interview.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm working in the NY area where Boomer does a local show.  He comes across as a Pats hater on that show.

[/QUOTE]

i dont listen to him any more

but when i did he wasnt a hater

pats fan lost in NJ

Sections
Shortcuts