BBs Interview W/Cowher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: BBs Interview W/Cowher

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm working in the NY area where Boomer does a local show.  He comes across as a Pats hater on that show.

[/QUOTE]

i dont listen to him any more

but when i did he wasnt a hater

pats fan lost in NJ

[/QUOTE]

I'm the sensitive type.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, how did you manage to put up almost 1000 posts in a week? Gotta be some kind of record. 

[/QUOTE]

Diarrhea of the mouth..err..fingers.

knows everything about everything. Just ask him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boomer is a Pats fan.  He's always been in their corner.  I think he had to play a little bit of a devil's advocate here.  And let's face it.  Spygate is the elephant in the room.  It will come up on the HOF vote.  Writers will make sure of that.  i find Boomer's position no big deal.  You can't have both guys buttering up on BB.  

[/QUOTE]

THere is no elephant in the room. Give me a break. EVERY team was doing the same sort of thing. SO many coaches have admitted that. So the pnly elephant is the media wanting a story.

Also, while I could care less what any of them think, of course you can have both people buttering up to BB. They do that kind of thing ALL the time... with former players.. etc. This is not a political debate.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, how did you manage to put up almost 1000 posts in a week? Gotta be some kind of record. 

[/QUOTE]

Who cares?  Why do people care even look at post counts?  Just an odd little thing.

[/QUOTE]

its playoff time Examiner... no complaints there. we're all antsy and wanna talk football

and rusty types fast apperently

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing I took out of the interview is that the "best players" need to be your leaders and vice versa.

It is interesting to note this and then to understand why Moss was out of here and why Spikes is out of here. They were good maybe marginally great players, however they were not the type of leader that BB wanted on the Pats.

When you see that section of the interview and look at some of the past actions it speaks volumes on why some players suceed here and some do not. No mater how well they play, if they don't lead and carry the message BB wants, they will not be here long term.

Spikes by being late to meetings and not attending off season workouts sends out all the wrong messages and BB wants a team on the same page not a bunch of great players doing their own thing.

It finally struck me Saturday when he said that in the interview.

[/QUOTE]

Well that might be a stretch....      Bottom line is performing on the field.  I think in all your examples the players production trailed off .   spikes knee was bothering him and affecting his play.    Can't read too much into the other stuff.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

My mother in law lives in Pittsburgh and knows Cowher and his family pretty well.

She swears that he is one of the nicest people she ever met.  Not standoffish at all and very sincere.  Just an all around good guy.  I always liked him as a coach but after she told me that,  I like him even better as a person.

It's no wonder that BB is friendly with him and he seemed to almost enjoy being interviewed by him.

The spygate mention by Boomer was BS and un called for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Elephant in the room is ........   "WHY is cowher not still coaching....?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerLT. Show RogerLT's posts

It's getting laughable that even Pats fans are forgetting that it was not what they were filming that got them in trouble but from where they were filming it. Everybody was filming signals and  they probably still would be if not for the helmet radios. The Jets were filming from the endzone which BB had let them do before but when he made Mangini stop that was when he sqealed that the Pats were filming from the sidelines.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did people catch this? I thought it was great.  I was surprised by a few things:

1.  I had no idea he and Cowher were so close.

2. I was shocked Cowher said BB is the best coach of all time.  Pretty cool. In typical BB classy fashion, he deflects the compliment and then answers with a centered take on what it means.

3. Boomer Esiason, while a great analyst, was a nozzle for crapping on that great interview by mentioning SPygate.  The guy to his right, Bill Cowher, said he did the exact same things BB did pre Goodell era. Nice job by the classy James Brown to shut up mouthy Boomer.

If you have not seen this, I highly recommend it.

He's obviously the greatest coach ever, but he's also the best GM ever, which some people forget about around here.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/01/12/Cowher-Belichick

[/QUOTE]

Spot on dead ahead. I was suprised too, that boomer jumped on this to mention spy gate after such a great interview.....what, boomers panties in a bunch....that was a cmon man moment.

Sections
Shortcuts