BB's Urbun Meyer connection

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: BB's Urbun Meyer connection

Couldn't agree more - you can't tell me his scouting department (who have an enormous amount of inside information on these kids) advised him to select this guy. Urban Meyer and this buddy system he has going with some college coaches are starting to worry me. Case in point this recent draft...did we draft all of Rutgers program? How many rounds too soon did we take these kids?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

4 players is not very many when you consider the number of years Meyer was at Florida and the number of players drafted over that time period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Couldn't agree more - you can't tell me his scouting department (who have an enormous amount of inside information on these kids) advised him to select this guy.

Hernandez?  The guy had pro bowl talent and was available in the 4th round.  There was exactly one other player drafted in that round in 2010 that has made a pro bowl.  You can't tell me you knew he was going to get popped for murder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Couldn't agree more - you can't tell me his scouting department (who have an enormous amount of inside information on these kids) advised him to select this guy.

Hernandez?  The guy had pro bowl talent and was available in the 4th round.  There was exactly one other player drafted in that round in 2010 that has made a pro bowl.  You can't tell me you knew he was going to get popped for murder.

That I knew? Why the hell would I know? I'm not sitting there as the fourth round is rolling around with the information that my 14 million dollar scouting department has just handed me.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That I knew? Why the hell would I know? I'm not sitting there as the fourth round is rolling around with the information that my 14 million dollar scouting department has just handed me.

Fine.  I'll reword it.  I doubt if you had the information Belichick had available at the time that you could have predicted AH would get popped for murder.  You are the one that is so confident the scouts can't have recommended him (despite the fact that it is clear that from a raw talent perspective he was easily one of the best players still available that late in the draft).  Hernandez might have been a punk, but there are a lot of punks in the NFL that don't kill people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Hernadez last season stats were 51 Rec 483 yds 5 tds.  Very average at the TE position, add in the drop passes and injuries and Hernadez was nothing special.

Explain to me what part of me saying Hernandez had pro bowl level talent and him making the pro bowl in 2011 is hard for you?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Couldn't agree more - you can't tell me his scouting department (who have an enormous amount of inside information on these kids) advised him to select this guy. Urban Meyer and this buddy system he has going with some college coaches are starting to worry me. Case in point this recent draft...did we draft all of Rutgers program? How many rounds too soon did we take these kids?

Now that Urban is at Ohio State, I expect next year's "value picks" to come out of the Buckeye state.

You just got one in this draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Fine.  I'll reword it.  I doubt if you had the information Belichick had available at the time that you could have predicted AH would get popped for murder.  You are the one that is so confident the scouts can't have recommended him (despite the fact that it is clear that from a raw talent perspective he was easily one of the best players still available that late in the draft).  Hernandez might have been a punk, but there are a lot of punks in the NFL that don't kill people.

I have no issue with the pats spending a 4th on round 1-2 talent. Same as I have no issue with Dennard in the 7th.

the issue I have is on the mega resign deal. If the pats security is so tied in, why didn't they brief bb and Kraft that this kid was still up to his old tricks? He didn't just pop a guy. There were signs prior that any decent investigator like myself would have uncovered with a little background work. Work that should have been done between when he was drafted and when the pats extended him. I am sure there were some incidents sprinkled in there that provided buyer beware. That is the least that should have been done on a 41m investment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

True, there are a lot of punks in the NFL, but most teams don't have a guy like that in their program for three years and have no clue what type of person he is...and then hand him a 41 million dollar contract. Now we will never know if the scouting department here advised not to draft him, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we hear they DID advise us to select him, because there is no way anyone in that organization is going to say there was evidence to steer us away from this guy. Not now. 

Sections
Shortcuts