BDC Ads..something strange is going on here

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: BDC Ads..something strange is going on here

Welcome to the digital world where nothing is private and made less private by those of you who use Facebook, Google and Twitter.  Sites that not only data mine you but track you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Gotta have something to do with Obama

Yup, the NSA doing research for Obamacares death squads by drones. I'd be very careful...

Funny you complain about the NSA. All these companies are collecting all the data about us, with or without the NSA. They know the brand of jeans that you last bought. They could find out you last post. The NSA just asked for data that companies are already making money off of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

That is very strange Patslifer.   If you didn't do searches or look at anything on the web concerning the medical treatment or the medication that you mention then it has to be coincidence.  Or it could be that those two things are searched for by others who have some of the similar browsing history that you do.  Like maybe you have searched things that have a connection to those two things, if that makes sense. 

If you use google then you might want to go in and change some things on your google dashboard.  There is a ad opt out setting I believe.  I did this long ago and has worked for me,  just search Opt out of google tracking.

Another thing you might want to use to prevent those annoying ads popping up on your screen is if you are using firefox then get the adblock plus.

EDIT:  Check these two articles out

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57368016-285/how-to-prevent-google-from-tracking-you/

http://dottech.org/17516/block-ads-in-firefox-internet-explorer-chrome-and-opera-how-to/

The first article says it all pretty much. Each one of us has a digital fingerprint that is already associated with a ton of online behavior datasets. It does not matter if you erase all the cookies/history. They can connect you back to that dataset pretty quickly.

The phones are worse because they don't need cookies. 

If you are in FB, you already know they are setting up facial recognition to identify you even if nobody tags you. Soon enough they don't even need your devices to tell where you are and what you are doing. Cameras will do it for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

In all seriousness the Boston.com ads I see on top of my browser have a creepy high level of personalization. That's how things are though. We already know the NSA is digging into our phone calls and be careful buying new TVs, some of them are coming with chips that monitor behavior inside your house...

Be more afraid of hackers/ organized crime who could get all that data. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am constantly getting ads for tattoo removal (I have no tattoos), for an assisted living facility (I am at least 25 years from retirement) and for a program to quit smoking (i do not smoke).  My GF sometimes uses my computer, and she is not some tatted up ciggy smoking 60 year old tart either.  So I have no clue who the h ell these ads are targeted to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I group advertisers in with my infamous 5)  Lawyers, politicians, CEO corporate types, Cops, and Big Pharma whoures.

Sections
Shortcuts