Be Honest...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Be Honest...

I was pretty damn close to tears, I'll tell you that. Now he is gone, and there is absolutely no reason to start bashing him.

One of the most productive players in the league for the last 6 years, and the "heart and soul" of the team. Why would anybody belittle that?

Welker isn't perfect, but name one player who is. To starts acting like he hasn't been a centerpeice of an offense, that has been amazing to watch for several years, and has set records almost at will, is disrespectfull IMO.

And 2 million dollars is more than a few extra bucks. Easy for us fans, who wil never be in position to turn down that kind of money, to say what players should and shouldn't do. In the end, Welker has to look out for number one (or 83).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I loved Wes, he was the best boyfriend I ever had--we had so much fun! Watching him play for the Patriots was great. O sure there were a few bumps in the road-yeh Wes you know what I mean- but you certainly made me feel excited. NOW you've dumped me for that b i t c h down the road. You kno. the one I hate more than anyone. and you expect me to say ok sweetie, good luck and I don't blame you, she's so much prettier than me.??? I feel jilted, I feel betrayed, and all along you said you cared. So if I call you a traitor and a little f u c k e r--you have to understand you are just an ex to me now. :( 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd have left for $2 mil too.  Heck I left Boston in 1990 for $35K more. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So Belichick's saying Amendola is more valuable than Welker for the next 2 years?  Do you agree with that?

Yep sorry to see him go but he was older and not as quick. In DA they get 6 yrs younger, faster and a bit taller.BTW just remember WW was nothing great in Miami (he was almost cut twice) except for a few games.

It was BB who saw what WW became and he sees that in DA and DA actually has been successful in that spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

With that logic why didn't he go to the team that offered a 2 year 15 mil package? Either he made the decision to stick it to BB or his agent is totally incompetent.

Combination of money and a chance to win a ring. He wanted more money, but he also wanted to be on a competitive team. He took the best offer there was from a competitive team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I have a great deal of respect for WW and for his contributions to the Patriots.  We can argue how much money he was worth to the team etc, but let's face it, he's earned more money while playing for the Patriots then most of us could ever dream of earning in our lifetimes.  

There are also other factors that might or might not come into play here.  Is it true that he got married in Denver?  Is it true that his wife is from Denver?  If so, how much could these factors have weighed on his final decision?   Hmmmm?

In any event, I wish him well except for when he plays the Pats.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yeah, felt bad at first then thought about those key dropped passes in the playoffs, now not so much

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

how many people cried after hearing welker is skipping town for a few extra bucks? 

Tears of JOY!!!  But I do respect what he did and I enjoyed watching him play but the little engine that could was done here. The writing was on the wall and he should of took last years offer.   When Im faster than the pats leading WR at age 36.....yea that may be a problem. Good Luck Wes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

how many people cried after hearing welker is skipping town for a few extra bucks? 

I DID! TEARS OF JOY! I've been calling for this since last winter before they franchised BUTTERFINGERS, the Rondo of the NE PATRIOTS! And I got hammered for suggesting that BB was close to done with this dwarf. Wes, take your two most memorable plays, TWO DROPPED BALLS, that likely changed history, and go snuggle up to that HUGE MELLON HEAD. You deserve one-another...two fading stat monsters. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I loved Wes, he was the best boyfriend I ever had--we had so much fun! Watching him play for the Patriots was great. O sure there were a few bumps in the road-yeh Wes you know what I mean- but you certainly made me feel excited. NOW you've dumped me for that b i t c h down the road. You kno. the one I hate more than anyone. and you expect me to say ok sweetie, good luck and I don't blame you, she's so much prettier than me.??? I feel jilted, I feel betrayed, and all along you said you cared. So if I call you a traitor and a little f u c k e r--you have to understand you are just an ex to me now. :( 

Dang NEGAME, you take your breakups to the extream!  Don't tell my you are the type of girlfriend who treats her BF like crap, no respect, and doesn't make any effort to keep him around then gets all butt hurt when they leave you.  Who really is to blame at that point, you or him? 

Is it safe to say you won't be picking WW in our fantasy league this season?  It

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

With that logic why didn't he go to the team that offered a 2 year 15 mil package? Either he made the decision to stick it to BB or his agent is totally incompetent.

Combination of money and a chance to win a ring. He wanted more money, but he also wanted to be on a competitive team. He took the best offer there was from a competitive team.

i don't begrudge him but Welker shouldn't sit there and say he was direspected. the pat's offered him a chance to earn more over the 2 years. They were guaranteeing 10 mil and giving him a chance to earn 6 mil more in incentives.

i think his agent misread the market for him and Welker got boxed into a corner and it became more about  principle and pride than money. I could be wrong but everything you read sort of leads you down that path.

What were the incentives? From what I heard, the incentives were nearly unreachable, but I am yet to see what they actually were.

IMO, the Pats never wanted Welker back, and it would not surprise me if those incentives were for reaching something like 2,000 yards or 20 touchdowns

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I CRIED TEARS OF JOY! I've been calling for this since last winter before they franchised BUTTERFINGERS, the Rondo of the NE PATRIOTS! And I got hammered for suggesting that BB was close to done with this dwarf. Wes, take your two most memorable plays, TWO DROPPED BALLS, that likely changed history, and go snuggle up to that HUGE MELLON HEAD. You deserve one-another...two fading stat monsters.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

i don't begrudge him but Welker shouldn't sit there and say he was direspected. the pat's offered him a chance to earn more over the 2 years. They were guaranteeing 10 mil and giving him a chance to earn 6 mil more in incentives.

i think his agent misread the market for him and Welker got boxed into a corner and it became more about  principle and pride than money. I could be wrong but everything you read sort of leads you down that path.

Do you know what those incentives were?  According to reports Welker said they were unrealistic to reach, where are you getting the $6 million in incentives amount?  I have not seen or read that.  And apparently he can earn some extra cash in Denver with some incentive money too.  Not a bunch, but some, and those incentive numbers dont seem unrealistic there.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I CRIED TEARS OF JOY! I've been calling for this since last winter before they franchised BUTTERFINGERS, the Rondo of the NE PATRIOTS! And I got hammered for suggesting that BB was close to done with this dwarf. Wes, take your two most memorable plays, TWO DROPPED BALLS, that likely changed history, and go snuggle up to that HUGE MELLON HEAD. You deserve one-another...two fading stat monsters.

I don't get it, I really don't.  One of the biggest weapons on offense, never misses time, still playing at a high level and this is what some of the fans think?  WoW!  We really do suck as a fan base, no wonder people hate the Pats and their fans so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I DID! TEARS OF JOY! I've been calling for this since last winter before they franchised BUTTERFINGERS, the Rondo of the NE PATRIOTS! And I got hammered for suggesting that BB was close to done with this dwarf. Wes, take your two most memorable plays, TWO DROPPED BALLS, that likely changed history, and go snuggle up to that HUGE MELLON HEAD. You deserve one-another...two fading stat monsters. 

Ha! don't hold back rally, tell em how you really feel!!!!!! lmao!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If you haven't heard the incentives how do you know they were unreachable?

They offered him a market value contract which Welkers agent said was laughable yet the best he could do was the same years and a couple of million dollars more. His agent screwed the pooch.

I would put a lot more worth into Wes feeling they were unreachable then some guy posting on the internet.  If anyone knows if they were unreachable or not, I'm pretty sure he does.  He made the right move to leave.  Better deal in Denver!  If your own team has to low ball you at contract time while you are still the most productive player on the offense, outside of TFB, then its time to walk away.  Welker wasn't even looking to break the bank like so many here thought he was.  At the end of the day, the Broncos got better, the Patriots didn't and the Broncos are in the AFC, will probably have to face them in the playoffs.  Bad move by the Pats!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What team was that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I don't get it, I really don't.  One of the biggest weapons on offense, never misses time, still playing at a high level and this is what some of the fans think?  WoW!  We really do suck as a fan base, no wonder people hate the Pats and their fans so much.

Woah there TB12!

How do do you get "we suck as a fan base" from a handful of posters on BDC who for whatever their reasons are don't like Wes Welker?  

I'll bet you for every Patriot Fan fan who is glad to see WW gone, there are Ten Patriot Fans who are sad to see him leave while hoping that somehow everything works out the best for all concerned.